main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce/Jedi Council Official Party - Thurs Aug 12 @ 6:30 - PARTY FAQS incl. SHUTTLE INFO POSTED!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTomatoXIII

KingTomatoXIII Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2010
    I just saw the the Robot Chicken crew is supposed to be there! Now I'm super aggravated I probably wont be able to get there in time!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    They are a maybe. Depends if they get here in time too.

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Awesome...and awesome plug!

4. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    Mine will be at Photo Knight's C-V pictures. There will be a delay for mine because I sort and edit before posting on Flickr.
    I'll have casual snapshots on Facebook for my friends there.

5. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I'll have my camera(s) with me as well. Not sure where I'll be sharing just yet. Probably Flickr and maybe Picasa as well.

6. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I didn't order my tickets in time, but if you're still trying to get numbers, I'm going to attend if there are still tickets available at the door.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm still at home so if you order them ASAP I'll let you slide ;) We have the deadline for tickets for two reasons, 1) to encourage people to buy early so we can get the best idea of how many we will have and 2) so I can deal with stuff before I get on the plane.

EDIT: And, yes, tickets will still be available at the door.

8. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    OK, just need to find my paypal password. Getting right on it!

9. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Thanks Jedi_Dajuan! Just sent you my payment.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have you on the list. Thanks :)

11. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    As promised, some pics of the area where the party will be: :D

(note: images are kinda big. D: )

View from the outside, directly behind me about 100feet is the corner of I-drive and Sandlake, the brightest and one of the busier intersections on I-drive. Biggest landmarks: Wyndam on one corner, the hueg-lyke-x-box McDonalds on the opposite corner.

Main Entrance from parking area

This is the view from ..er. right outside the main doors. (there are several entrances from all sides of the building too.)

Main Entrance

There is a large lounge area directly in front of one of (several) entrances into the Palms ballroom.

Chandelier

Carpet under the Chandelier

I didn't really get a pic of the lounge area as it was a little difficult to see around the artist alley tables and weeaboo/otaku everywhere.

A few extra pics:

Hallway view to the left while standing in front of the middle entrance to the ballroom. The white doors in the middle of the image are the inside of the entrance linked above.

Hallway view to the right from the above location. Another entrance to the building is visible. :B

The carpet for most of the area (and my super sexy GL converse. ;D

Momentarily I may have a view of the floor plan of this building.

12. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    The pics just make it that much more real...only a few more days!! Thanks for posting!

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    PARTY FAQS

(To be updated frequently)

PARTY SHUTTLE INFORMATION

The convention shuttle runs from the convention center to the Wyndham ONLY FROM 5pm - 9pm.

I REPEAT.

5pm-9pm.

After 9, you'll have to figure out a way to get back to your hotel, but at least there's a shuttle to get there.

The shuttle route is Raspberry 6. It's like Red 5. But not.

PARTY FOOD

Food will be coming out at different times throughout the evening. We would please like to remind people that while we definitely want people to enjoy the food, we ordered LIGHT food. Meaning please be aware that while you may want 10 chicken fingers, there's going to be a LOT of people there, so please be considerate.

CASH BAR

There are several cash bars in the room (and they are like crazy stocking up on the Celebration Drink).

All cash bars are CASH ONLY. Shocking, I know.

If you don't have cash, there are several ATMs close by.

CELEBRITY GUESTS

As a reminder, please be respectful of our guests at the party and while we encourage people to socialize, please don't monopolize their time. Also, please be respectful if they decline photos or autographs.

RAFFLE TICKETS

Raffle tickets will be $1 per ticket. Please bring cash!

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Don't forget the trolley runs up and down International Drive all day until 10:30pm.

And yeah, you'll probably want to eat dinner somewhere before you come to the party.

15. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Here's a picture of me last year in that very ballroom.....
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/mrsfoamy/rtcon5.jpg]

16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Uh, if I bring a bag of chocolates to pass around at the party will I make myself unpopular with the hotel?

And I'm planning on getting a Trolley pass during my stay. The trolley runs on International Blvd until 10:30 PM and it'll take me back to my hotel.

17. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    We don't really mind, but the hotel people might say something if they see you with a bag of food. So use your own discretion.

18. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Here's the ballroom we'll be in. We're getting a full third of the entire ballroom (which as a whole is massive and could easily hold 1500 people).

[image=http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/LoneDingo/008.jpg]

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Our space is beautiful. The hotel has been very accomodating and helpful. This is really going to be a great event.

On to answer PMs and emails then search out some much needed coffee!

20. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I love the fact that we have the ForceCast guys coming over from the party that is being held in their honor. Speaking of which, I wonder how their party's ticket sales did. Great work Dajuan. You've outdone yourself. I'll be stopping by the Wyndham Thursday probably around 4:30-ish to help set up the projector and screen.

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    OH HELL YES!

I was hoping they'd give us that much space, but worried at the same time we'd be crammed into something smaller. This is going to rock!

The Fans of the ForceCast party actually sold out, which is another reason why the dual ticket option is no longer available.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Just a quick FYI. If anyone needs an answer from me quickly call or text me. I check emails often but I will almost always answer a call or a text right away. Don't PM me right now, I can't read those on my phone.

I trust you all not to abuse this: 515-554-4140.

23. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    [face_skull]

24. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    The Blue Milk is mixed and chillin'
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/mrsfoamy/bluemilk005.jpg]
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/mrsfoamy/bluemilk004.jpg]

25. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    today's the big day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.