main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Web Masters Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Amidala Starkiller, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hey there everyone!
    Does anyone know how to make a Calendar in Dreamweaver? and if not....anyone know where i can get one for my site?

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    www.calendars.net

They have free calendars.

3. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    For images, I used some of my own Fireworks editing of some screen grabs from official QuickTime files.
    One place to check would be to ask the folks at www.AlderaanOnline.com for permission to use parts of some of their images.

For our calendar, I downloaded some free ASP code and applied it to may Dreamweaver page template.
    If your site is on a Windows based server, I could send you the pages and Access database if you like.

Have fun.

4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
  5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I redesigned the WFF home page link is the sig :)

6. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Here's New Jersey's FF webpage what do you think. Link is in my sig.

7. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi gang. I'm the new webmaster for the Phoenix Fan Force out here in Phoenix, Arizona. Our CR pointed me to this thread, so I figured I'd come over here and introduce myself. I'll be around.. so if anyone has any questions, feel free to post them or PM me. Meanwhile... I've got 4 pages of posts to catch up on. :)

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Added New Jersey to the list, and updated the link for Waco. :)

Very nice sites, everyone! :D

9. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    yeah we made the list wish I new about this thread earlier. Hey can someone pm about how to get my meta tags up so you can do a search and find the site.

10. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Thanks so much Morgaine :D

11. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey everyone - just found this board! I've seen some really great sites as I went through and read this thread. I am the webmaster for the Raleigh Fan Force - http://www.triangletradefederation.org . It has a simple graphic design and navigation but it might evolve eventually. The group photo in teh corner I want to keep updating as we get bigger gettogethers.

The biggest idea I had for the site though was the members page - I thougth it would be cool to see everyones picture on a Star Wars TCG card - the idea went over really well and for the people that don't have/want pictures displayed I took their favorite character and put it on there. Anyway I have just turned that page over to the head of membership so hopefully together we can keep this site updated.

I love all the ideas i've seen in this thread - great topic ;) .

12. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    Great site Jedi_Natile did you have to ask Permission to put the banner up for Starwars.com?

13. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Can you update the link for Orange County,Ca. it should simply be

www.ocstarwars.com

Thank you.

14. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Updated, and added Raleigh. :)

15. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I don't have permission they used to have this thing up for fan pages on starwars.com where they encouraged putting up banner links. Considering it is free advertising for them they shouldn't care since thousands of sites use such links. However I still should put up a little copyright thing like I did on my jediquest.net site - just in case. No infringement is on purpose.

Thanks for adding us :) .

16. Vast

Vast Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    Hey everyone, I'll be the webmaster for Chattanooga's fanforce chapter whenever we get up and running. I have some other websites I run and for hosting I use http://www.pierhosting.com

Not only do they have good deals on hosting, they have the best customer service I have EVER encountered! If you sign up, be sure to fill in "Jay Neely" in the who referred you box, it will help me pay for the hosting of our site.

I'm available on AIM for anyone wanting to talk about web stuff, IM me at ElfWord.

17. Vast

Vast Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    For those of you looking to create a really good site, you'll want to register a domain name. The two services I have used are:

RegisterSite.com
    The cost: $10/yr - .com, .net, .org
    The good: Lets you create your own nameservers in case you want to use them to host other sites.
    The bad: Doesn't give you any e-mail capability, POP 3 or even just forwarding.

Cheapest-Domain-Names.com
    The cost: $9.95/yr
    The good: Gives you 15 free sub-domains, and 50 free e-mail forwarding addresses.
    The bad: Won't let you create your own nameservers that you can use to host other sites.

Those are the two I've had experience with, there are plenty more out there. But don't pay $15 to $40 for a domain name, that kind of price is just a rip-off.

18. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Hey everyone, I'm the webmaster of the Orange County Star Wars Society ( www.ocstarwars.com ) and the Boba Fett Multimedia Page ( www.bobafettmp.com ), and since I see some recommendations here, let me throw one out.

I use this company called doreo ( http://www.doreo.com )for my hosting... it's awesome. Tech support is excellent! I know the guy who runs it and he monitors the status on all the servers 24-7... if one goes down, it alerts him even if he's asleep! They have different plans for differnt types of servers. Very good, I HIGHLY recommend them for your hosting needs. From php to cgi to ftp and frontpage extensions, they have it all!

19. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Hei guys! Could you add FanForce Portugal's site to the front page list? :)

Thanks!

20. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Done! :)

I don't understand a word on that site, but it looks nice. ;) :D

21. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Thanks for putting it on the list and for the compliment! :D

22. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Okies, who can help me in understanding how to customize my forum.

23. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
  24. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Thank You Thank you Thank You

25. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I have a question about photoshop 7. Anybody able to help?

Its about making a rectangle and being able to view the size in pixels instead of centimeters in the info pallate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.