main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Fate of the Jedi and Aftermath Fan Club - looking forward to Crucible and SotJ!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyKeira

LadyKeira Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    Somehow I'd missed that Blood Oath was going to be about Zekk. Thanks for pointing that out.

That's Mara on the back cover of Abyss???? Why? Jaina would make more sense.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    maybe mara is coming back to rescue luke and ben from the sith army

3. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Whatever is out there that changed jacen, I don't think it's sith. That wasn't the work of Sith. It's something else entirely I think. Maybe another cult like the Bo'marr monks or the Aing'tee monks or the Adepts of the White Flow. Only evil. We'll see. If they bring mara back it will be interesting.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Abyss spoilers here: Mara is in Abyss as a Force ghost. :eek:

zarkin, I think it'll end up being the Sith, though the why and how will be more complex.

LadyKeira - here's the Blood Oath front cover...

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/02/Blood_Oath.jpg]

It sounds quite fun, actually, from the blurb.

5. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    [face_thinking] Interesting. Personally I wish they would give us a break from Denning, but from what spoilers we've had, this series just keeps getting better. Nice picture too.
    It's also kind of strange that we would get two FOTJ announcements in the same week like this.

6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Aww, he's gotten older... I keep forgetting that the next gen Jedi are now in their 30s. :oops: :p

7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yeah which means that the big three should be retiring.:p

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Has anyone seen why they've delayed Blood Oath? I'm really looking forward to this one.

9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    He seems to be the only one who's gotten older. :p

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Does he really look that much older?:confused: I hope he ends up with one (or both:p) of the twins.

11. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    trying figure out why this is on a fotj thread

is there not a blood oath thread?

just wondering

zekk does seem more like 40 there then 34 or 35

in the star wars universe 60-70 is not so old, but when han hits 80 i will join you in the death or retirement rant

12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009

Due to the blurb and inital speculation, it seems like Blood Oath is closely tied to FOTJ- kind of prequeling it:)

13. Falling_Leaf

Falling_Leaf Jedi Master star 3

Jun 26, 2007

It would be interesting if it was not the Sith for once that changed Jacen. Maybe for once something would be explained were the strange necklace/prophecy thing came from. The one that Lumiya used to foretell Jacen's path in becoming this great Sith Lord.

14. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I wish the Jedi robes would change. They are so blah.:p

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    It reminds me on a discussion in the Lit last year, about the Skywalker penis being the Fountain of Youth. :p :p :p

EDIT: Ah, there it is, managed to dig it out. It scarily does make sense once you think about it... XD

16. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I finally got a copy of Outcast. I'm only a few chapters in (I had to stop myself cause it was late) but it's amazing. I haven't been pleased with most of the recent Star Wars novels, but this one is fantastic.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Great to hear, Rebecca!

:cool:

The e-book, Lost Tribe of the Sith: Precipice has been released, including another excerpt from Omen at the end! It has also been confirmed that Precipice is No #1 of this arc, so we have more free e-book's on the way! :cool:

18. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    uh why, exactly? if 70's not that old why's a decade after that considered too old to be doing anything? i mean some people are still pretty active at well over a hundred so that makes very little sense to me.

anyhoo, DEFINITELY a fan of this series so far and can only hope that it gets better. i must admit i wasn't thrilled that they brought denning back but... i'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he screws something up. hopefully he won't goof the characterizations like he did in LOTF for his first two books (and arguably the third).

:snoopy

19. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Hey, I read Outcast a month ago and am waiting for Omen. I loved it!

I really loved Ben in this. He clearly has Mara's sarcasm. I found it funny when he sung a song to Luke... with a high and ridiculous voice (Like an animated Ewok) [face_laugh] (I recommend that you listen to the audiobook so you can hear what the voice sounded like)

Count me in as well.:)

20. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    I just finished reading Precipice, and I'm in the process of reading the Omen snippet. Quite interesting really, I like it. It has a lot of Promise, and i like that the lost tribe books are free, as i am unable to buy new books, last star wars book i bought when it had just come out was Death Star, and only because i had used gift money to buy it. But I do like the concept of this.

21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Finished Outcast a while back, interesting start to the series. I am really looking forward to Omen, especially after reading Lost Tribe of the Sith: Precipice and the sneak peak at Omen which I just got done reading earlier today.

Learning more about this lost tribe has my interest, and if the series plays out as strongly as it started this should be a fun read.

22. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    agreed. In Outcast I liked how Ben was described as usually wearing black clothes instead of the robes. :D

23. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Right even in the NJO the Jedi wore different clothes not the typical Robes. But after that they dawned the traditional drab clothing.

I still need to read the E-Book. That looks so interesting.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The 7-page short story by Christie Golden called Fate of the Jedi Imprint has been released, but its on Hyperspace, so membership is required.

I'll have to renew my membership to read it, it looks. :cool:

25. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Quick Question to everyone: Who's getting Omen on the day it comes out? Because I am!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.