main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite traitors to the Republic that turned to the Separatists

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan, Sep 4, 2012.

?

Who is your favorite traitor?

1. Faro Argyus

19.0%
  2. Slick

42.9%
  3. Rush Clovis

4.8%
  4. Lott Dod

23.8%
  5. Pre Vizsla

14.3%
  6. Tal Merrik

14.3%
  7. Guum Saam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nix Card

9.5%
  9. Rish Loo

9.5%
  10. Pong Krell

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This thread you can vote and discuss your favorite traitors to the Republic that we have seen in "The Clone Wars".

In this list I have included have eigther wanted to turn to the Separatist with the intent on harming the Republic, have betrayed the Republic for their own personal nefarious goals, betrayed the Republic but now are a rogue element or are pretending to support the Republic while working for the CIS.

And I know that people like Nossor Ri and Onaconda Farr could be here as they too turned to the CIS but they did not go to the Separatists for any evil reasons...

Krell was gonna join the CIS and serve Dooku.

PS: This all has happened on screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Black Sun 4 Life

Black Sun 4 Life Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2012
    Nobody is more awesome then a dude with 4 arms and 2 lightsabers.

3. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I voted for Krell as coolest but Slick as the one I feel for the most.

But look at it from a Clones perspective. I feel that I too would long for a better life, a better future. It's selfish, but survival of the fitist. This Slick did what he thought was best, and I agree with him in some regards..I don't want to justify his actions but...The Clones are in essence a slave army bred to serve and die. Kind of a scary life.

Now that I think about it..can I have my vote back?

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    It's Gume Saam not Guum Saam.

I voted for Argyus, Slick, Viszla, Krell and Lott Dod.

Argyus could've been more interesting character but he kind of surprised me when I saw the episode- I didn't wantch any previews or anything so it was nice to see a little surprise in TCW episode.

Slick has one of the best reasons to be a traitor since clones are obviously used by the Republic like slaves. How he came to be a traitor should've been explained better though.

Pre Viszla has style and he has warrior spirit, while he is kind of fascist bad guy. That black saber is kind of cool as well.

Krell was independent traitor- he decided to betray the Republic without anyone manipulating him directly- that makes him more cool than average traitor whose motivation is money or power. It would've sucked if Dooku would've appeared and give him orders- but he didn't even know about Krell I guess.

Krell was obviously turning to the dark side as well, but what he saw was Republic's corruption (including the jedi order) and total control of the sith. He was obviously a very powerful jedi.

Lott Dod is slimy lawyer kind of character who somehow manages to turn black and white to grey. He is cool in his own slimy way. Nix Card and Gume Saam didn't have such a great rhetoric as Dod.

And those are 2 doublebladed sabers;)

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I see your point about Slick. Even if he betrayed the Jedi and was "paid off" by Ventress according to Ahsoka, Slick had what looks like noble reasons for his betrayal. And it takes one piece for many dominoes to fall...

Gume?! Opps, my mistake! Either way... ;)

Argyus was true surprise.

Dod can be really fun in his own way. He is the other kind of villain - slimy, pretending to be your friend but serving the other side.

Pre Viszla has style and that sword adds to his style so much.

Krell was very cool indeed. Not so much that he turned is what made him interesting but the way he looked and acted in "Carnage of Krell" made him a fan-favorite.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Gotta give my vote to the Gungan witch-doctor. :cool:

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Slick's definitely my favorite, for the reasons you gave. I sort of wish they had done Argyus similarly -- a character who's paid off to join the opposing team is no fun. One who has legitly logical reasons to join, ones that the audience can sympathize with, makes the plot much more interesting.

8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Voted for Slick. Also like Tal Merrik.

9. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Slick and Argyus I think were the two favorites of mine. Slick had a valid moral reason, and Argyus...well, he was driven by money and fame in the end, but I liked the point he made earlier in the episode about how sometimes being a good soldier means doing what you think is right. Even if it didn't wind up applying to him, it's still food for thought.

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Weren't all CIS citizens formerly Republic citizens, making them all traitors?

A least, I remember General Loathsome being tried for treason because he was part of a Republic militia before the war.

11. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I never really saw them as such, no. Every time I hear that argument I'd can't help but think of this lone random guy on some separatist planet somewhere, a CIS citizen only by virtue of the fact that's where he happened to live at the time. He runs a quaint little bantha burger stand, just keeping to himself and making a living. Sure he has some political beliefs, but largely doesn't care all that much who's in charge. As long as he can continue to get up in the morning, have breakfast, go to work, make money, come home, have dinner, go to bed and take a vacation now and then, then that's ok. And it seems to me many CIS citizens would be like that. So, no I don't really see them as traitors.

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Correction then: all CIS leaders and military officers.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Vizsla counts as a traitor to the republic?

My favorites are definately Slick who had the motive of seeking freedom and twistedly got many of his own brothers killed by sabotaging the republic war effort on Christophsis and giving info to Ventress. Made his speech really messed up. Then Pong Krell who didn't have a whole lot of depth to him but he was a really terrible guy and it was fun to watch his final battle with the clones.

14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Spar, later known as Mandalore the Resurrector. That is all.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I see that Slick is gathering a lot of support in terms of traitors.

Some of these traitors had very noble goals but did bad things to achieve them.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. Mika-El-Hakim

Mika-El-Hakim Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2012
    Isn't betraying the republic unless you are one of the juidicials or part of the official repub bureacreacy like betraying the UN? Nobody would condemn you for it.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    If it was like the UN - yes. But it is more looked at like The American Civil War mixed with WWII - if you are on one side then you are a vile scumbag in the eyes of the other.

18. Mika-El-Hakim

Mika-El-Hakim Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2012
    That would depend on where you live.

Was Loathsome a Judicial? If he was in a planetary militia why cannot he just say he just followed orders?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.