main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA February Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dotanis, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    You know if we start planning now we could probably have a meeting before the end of the month. =)

2. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    We do need to have a meeting sometime this month. Like I said, all weekends are free for me (provided something doesn't come up like this last time), so it's up to all of you.

3. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Fridays are bad for me now, because I have classes on Saturdays too and have to get up early. However, I'm done by 4:00-ish... If we want to have a meeting on a Saturday, could it be around 7pm? That way I'd still have time to get some stuff done after school...

:D

4. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    For me it all depends on when Liz goes into labor.

5. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    Right, so meeting in the hospital cafeteria for Raptor? =)

6. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Sure, and we could always move the meeting into the delivery room if need be... :p

7. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Sure, but one of YOU are going to have to tell her, because Im not going to be around when she hears this LOL

8. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    So, shall we make some plans for this month's meeting? We have a new member from Barbour county who is interested in attending if possible. :)

9. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    Again, it's up to you guys. Just come up with a time and place.

10. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    How's Friday the 25th @ 7pm sound? As for where I really don't care so long as they serve food and have a place we can chat.

-Dot

11. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    i have a suggestion.....though it wont be able to be done now but for future reference itd be a good thing....why not have a metting in a chat room.....thats only for when like life gives you the lemons and you aint got the pitcher for the lemonade. I mean sometimes people cant get out to a place to meet and then you know your stuck being left out of the fun but for those times we cant all get together a chat room would work..and then if someone who isnt around here a part of us would like to join in they could.....just a suggestion just give it a,little thought...though having physicals meetings is probably our best bet but you never know when having an online meet might be a good thing. So just think aobut it could ya?

12. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I can probably make it on the 25th. Any suggestion as to where?

Zandoran_Celix: I know we've had at least one meeting in a chatroom before... But I don't know much about setting up such things. You'd have to ask Raptor or Ithorian more about that... :)

13. Dotanis

Nov 10, 2002
    Alright for a place to meet this month I'm voting Eat'n Park. Why you may ask? It's cheap simple and easy to find. This is not set in stone but hey someone has to choose a place so "Pikachu I choose you!"
    Seriously though if anyone has a better suggestion let it be known. As for online meetings they are nice and all IF people attend (speaking for my guilty self) However besides the first online meeting they haven't been much a success.

-Dot

Oh and by the way, Welcome to the boards Zan. =)

14. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    hmm.. cool maybe ill be able to make it....and to the chatroom thing..i undersdtand what you mean about attendance....and the setting them up thing.....i could build one for your website.....its a part of my computer degree....lol......though now tha ti look at my calendar i probably wont make it to the meeting if its on the 25th......i dont drive my self......i have to have my parents do it for me.......so yeah......

15. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    I'll see if I can sneak away from my diaper duties to attend :)

Yeah, We did have a little java chat room that was open 24/7, but it was almost never used, and thus one day I let it die, and removed it from the site menu. As our group slowly grows, I think we can look into something like that again down the road. For now, IMs seem to be helping us between meetings :) But we are always looking for new ideas, and I'm always willing to help supply tools that enable us to do more!

Rap

16. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Zandoran_Celix:

I regularly use Yahoo IM.
    Here's my ID...

nora_roan

:)

17. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    cool...if i can get my yahoo to download again ill use it....

18. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Eat N Park
    Friday night
    7pm...

Weather pending, I should probably be able to make it. :)

19. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    i cant make the meeting but i will someday.......my schedule works around my parents cause i dont srive yet....but i will get to one.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.