main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK:North Convention table planning - "Memories" book - help needed

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by timbolton, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    One of the suggestions made for the next convention we attend where the FF-UK: North actually have a table was a book of photographs showing previous meets and conventions we have attended. I have been working on an idea for this, tenatively called the "FF-UK Memories" book and below is a sample page of what we could have -

[image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/various/FFUK_memories_sample_01.jpg]

This can be left on the table for people wandering by to browse through, and I could do several copies, and maybe even a mini one for people to take away with them.

What I do need is photos from meets, ones you are happy to have in the book, so please let me know if you have any that you'd like to go in. There is no limit to how big this booklet can be. I am happy to hear any other suggestions regarding this booklet too. Any help, as always, is welcome, ta :D :cool:

2. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    A great effort Tim. The idea is perfect. We can put it into a ring binder and keep adding to it. Every meet we do we have some photos. We can make a complete and on-going cronicle of our fair FF.

3. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I have been looking for a nice ring binder for these for a few weeks now, nothing has really drawn my eye yet, I think we need something more than the usual, I can obviously do a cover art thingy for it which may help, but I really want to find some sort of stylish binder to go along with that.

Anyways ... HELP!

Pics are needed, I only have so many. I can add things like two US conventions I attended, but I haven't been to the smaller NE meets, which would be great to have pics from.

4. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Instead of starting another thread, I thought I'd post this here -

We have one item for on the table gained at Milton Keynes Collectormania 9 for £5 -

http://www.toyadventures.com/ebay/bestbuyvader1_large.jpg

Should brighten up our display a little :)

So, anyone got pics that can go in the FF-UK:N memories book or am I talking to brick wall here? *cough*needsupport*cough*

5. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I've got some on my mobile phone, I just havn't got a way of puttin them onto my comp atm. As soon as I do I'll stick em online for you to take as you need.

6. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    try here for some good group pics! great memories of a fun day!

for Alton Towers http://boards.theforce.net/uk_regional_forum/b10027/19864942/p7

7. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ta Chris and Jase :)
    What about the smaller meets at people's houses? I can trawl back and use some of them if people don't mind.

8. jedidonkey

jedidonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2006
    yep a really good idea you have there

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Merci beaucoup :)

Still, need people with good pics to send them to me or at least to say they don't mind me using ones already posted on this forum. Look lively lads and lasses :p

10. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Hey Tim,

I assume you have seen the pic's from "other" Spike's NSPCC charity event on the main UK board?

crackin idea by the way =D=

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Bumping this before it gets locked at the far reaches of the forum, I'll be working on this next week when I am off. Any pics you want in here, let me know.

12. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    hi tim
    i had a thought today and it sort of ties in with is
    i was looking through some of my photos and i came across this one from the charity event at newcastle

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/nlindenj/101_0796.jpg]

and i thought 'won't it be cool to get an 8x10 of this and get it signed by the peeps at the event'
    i think you can see where this is going, at every event get a group photo and get it signed and in the memory book

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Cool idea Nige, and you just reminded me, I need to PM you lol! Way too busy tonight, but will send you a short PM :)

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Cool. We're giving autographs :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.