main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Ep 3 public screenings May 16th in London

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Ghostface1701, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Just in case he didn't see this question, I'll reply instead, but yes, you were near him. :)

I was sitting in between the two of you. Kassy was next to me on my right, and Richie was next to me on my left. It was pretty much the FF-UK row! :D

(and the row in front of us was the schmuck row - I still can't believe that woman with the bad afro had the gall to switch seats between ESB and ROTJ - and still had the nerve to get up in the middle of the screening at one end and travel all the way past us so she could go to the loo, even though she was only about 4 or 5 seats from the isle on the left - what a chump!) [face_frustrated]

And woot! We got the 2000 up! I told you we'd do it! [face_dancing]

Actually, it's kind of funny how it worked out. The thread was obviously started by the events of the theatrical release, and the 2000 came up on the day of the DVD release. Not bad timing, if you ask me! [face_peace]

2. DARKSHREDI

DARKSHREDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2001
    Just dropping in to say hi to Kassy and Raj who I had the pleasure of meeting today at the Anthony Daniels signing! Top blokes. Funny I was sitting right behind you at the SW Marathon too! Anthony was quite entertaining also. He brought out the threepio voice within seconds of hitting the stage. However the most entertaining part was the celebrity stalker we had the pleasure of spending the day with. As I'm sure Kassy will vouch for, I learned today that there is a breed of person far more sad and mental than any Star Wars fan. That bloke was SCARY!

3. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    was a real treat to meet all you Guys at The HMV event, yes the Scary Guy was harmless, but a compulsive obssesive celebrity autograph hunter whom we all had the pleasure of extracting the urine from, he was just incredible a true 40 year old virgin living at home with his Mum and living out a fantasy of name dropping, I should have taken his picture as a warning to others, but was afraid I'd break my camera!, however I do have him on video, Ha Ha, I wish you others had met him, quite simply the most amazing nutter, he never stopped talking and just had to be the centre of attention, at least I pissed him off by being first (ask me if I care!) but he was nearly in tears when he thought I was gonna get that Hayden Autographed picture (by the way it was given to the 501st, as Serg and I met up with them later)

All in all a really cool day, shame Ghostface couldn't make it, as hes a cool guy, but I guess we were lucky to see Raj really.

Many thanks to all of you, I couldnt have made it through the day (from 6 am Ouch!) only got back at 9pm! long day for me.

Hey Guys did you check out the Masterworks 60 Lith set + badges & patches offer at QVC, well worth it, I ordered one, my first QVC purchase!!!

Standout moment of the day has to be the constant banter of the nutter (Paul Bradley of Scarborough - that's his name, you have been warned!!!) he never knew that conversation is 50% listening and that the fantasy of showbusiness is just that, sorry Paul but name dropping everyone in the Universe just doesn't cut it and besides anyone that confuses TPM with The Phantom of The Opera needs meical help.

2nd Standout was Charlie Griffiths, top bloke and HE IS THE TUXIDO TUSKEN HEAD from The Marathon, ha, amazing outfit.

Hope I am not rambling here, but such a cool day, was great to meet Charlie and Reg Kee(The IT man) but of course the Forum Guys were all cool, Raj of course(got some great pics of him with Darth Vader),Lord Tice (Matt) always good to see him, Jedi Jimbo and The Darth Vader (Serj) he was great as Anakin (mad contacts Serj) and Ritchie of course.

I can say so much about today, but praise must go to the nutter for making us all seem so well balanced, I shall email you all the pics also, great group shots, especially with you all wearing Darth masks.

Speak to you all soon.

4. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey was a real pleasure to meet you too DarkShredi.

Yes I was glad that the mad obsessive, compulsive serial autograph hunter (Paul Bradley, that's his name, you have all been warned - he's mad, bad and dangerous to know - be afraid, be very afraid - a servant of evil he is eh!) was present at the event as he made all of us Star Wars fans look so cool.

I have a long post in the DVD relase event thread if anyone's interested.

Today will be a day long remembered, if only for the nutter and me almost reducing him to tears by being first in the queue (as if I care!)

Great to see so many forum guys there and also Charlie of course

5. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Oopps, forgot to mention David Mepham, the press photographer that was a really good laugh all day, it's people like him that restore my faith in Humanity sometimes

6. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    DarkShredi, you are Charlie, yes ?

7. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Must be Poetic Justice that Ghostface has the 2000 reply as he did start it all of for us after all, we all owe him a debt of gratitude for his hard work and advice behind the scenes.

Ghostface, I got you a goodie bag from the HMV event by the way, you will be impressed.

8. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey was a real pleasure to meet you too DarkShredi.

Yes I was glad that the mad obsessive, compulsive serial autograph hunter (Paul Bradley, that's his name, you have all been warned - he's mad, bad and dangerous to know - be afraid, be very afraid - a servant of evil he is eh!) was present at the event as he made all of us Star Wars fans look so cool.

I have a long post in the DVD relase event thread if anyone's interested.

Today will be a day long remembered, if only for the nutter and me almost reducing him to tears by being first in the queue (as if I care!)

Great to see so many forum guys there and also Charlie of course

9. DARKSHREDI

Jul 5, 2001
    Yep, I'm Charlie. The day would've seemed way longer if we hadn't united from the outset. It's wonderful how a day like that can bring complete strangers together; Plus the prospect of getting free SW stuff always keeps me keen ; )
    Look forward to seeing the pics.

10. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Yes Charlie, I agree, was a good day.

Of course having The Nutter to take the piss out of was particularly amusing at times.

Just emailing you direct your pics etc. Hope you have Broadband!

Speak to you soon,

Cheers

11. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    did you get the pictures OK DarkShredi, what do you think ?

12. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Which guy was Charlie?
    Did I see him?
    I feel so confused!

13. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Charlie was the very friendly tall guy with a Goatie Beard, his forum name is DarkShredi, I'll send u his pic.

Did u get the others yet?

14. DARKSHREDI

Jul 5, 2001
    Steve, thanks for the pics - awesome quality. The one with us all wearing the Darth masks is ridiculous - I laughed my arse off.
    I'm loving the DVD too. Feels great to put it on the shelf with the others at last : )

15. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Yes, a bitterwseet moment in completing the saga, now if we could only persuade Lucas to do the 3rd Post Jedi Trilogy!!!

16. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I know what you mean Steve. I love having the full Saga on my shelf, but I'm sad that it's the end now. Guess we'll have to hope the new shows are good.

That said I can't wait to get some decent time off work and watch them all in chronological order. I did it with a pirate copy whilst I was still at uni and the prequels add so much to the orginals I couldn't believe it. I can't look at Vader in the same way any more, and the ending of Jedi just has so much more emotion to it.

On an unrelated note, I can't believe how long this thread's got whilst I've been away!

17. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Good to hear from you again Chris, it's been a long time.

Shame you couldn't make the HMV DVD DAY it was a real laugh.

I shall email you a few pics for your interest.

18. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks mate.

Wish I could have made it but London is a bit far to travel for a DVD and I had to work on Monday :(

Still I got the DVD at Asda for £12.97 during my lunch break (would have been less, but mum's been hogging my discount card since I got back from the states in April!) and loved watching it in digital quality (the DVD is far better quality than my old uni's cinema where I watched it the other week).

Glad to hear you guys have been having a good time!

19. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I got conned. everyones got the DVD for around 13 quid.... I went to my local gamestation in lancaster ( becuase 1) It was the day before the release and I just got home from UNI and 2) i know the guys there kinda well)

mine was like 16 quid! rip-off or what

20. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Who can help assist me in buying the US ROTS DVD's from Wal*Mart and Target with the bonus dvd's ?

21. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Kassy, I'm in the U.S. at the moment, so I could probably help you out with the bonus DVD. PM me if you're interested.
    Anyway, I was gonna ask has there been any comprehensive archive of all the video and pictures from Celebration Day put up on a site somewhere? I was looking through all the video clips and photos I have saved today and getting kind of misty-eyed . . .

22. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    DarthHomer, great to see you are still watching over us. Hows life in the US treating you?

23. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Darth Homer That sounds great, please PM me to make arrangements.

With regard to Celebration day, I have a wealth of pictures and video and will be only too pleased to supply you with them all, i also have a couple of DVD's of interest also.

24. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Pretty good. I'm missing English TV, the NHS and a few other things, but otherwise I'm having a great time over here :)

25. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    English TV?

I hope you do not mean east enders and those soaps. I cannot abide them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.