main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA First Meeting Planning Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok guys...time for some ideas. Let's get this FanForce started. I'm open for any suggestions at this point. It might have to be held during a week night or Sunday night due to football games and competitions...so please keep that in mind.

Can't wait to hear your ideas! :)

2. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    We could meet at a Bookstore, near a Movie theater, that maybe still plays Episode 2? *I'm still holding out hope*

3. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...Sorry Wesmin, but I doubt there are any theaters around here that play AotC anymore :(

Well...A bookstore might be a good idea, our a restaurant somewhere....

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmmm...both good ideas. I'm leaning more towards the bookstore or restaurant since AOTC went out of the only theater around here last week.

So if it's a bookstore...would you want Borders out near the Berkshire Mall or Barnes and Noble near Target in Broadcasting Square...or others if you can think of any...

As for restaurants...your choice...start naming some... :)

5. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...tough choice for bookstores... Well, the Central PA already met at Borders right? (I heard that somewhere)...So maybe we should go to B&N in Broadcasting Square... If it's a restaurant...it really doesn't matter to me.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nah...the Mid Rim never went to the Borders near us...it's too far away for them. They went to the one in Lancaster or State College(something like that)

Anyway...B&N would be good...but don't you have any restaurants in mind? :)

7. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    Ya, there is a boarders IN state college, I've seen it when I was up there at JCL convention... I don't know if I want to go this year because of prom though, though I don't think I'll enjoy prom as much as other people, It's just not my thing. You may thing I'm crazy but I enjoy a Bus or Band Room as a socail gathering area, or Mr. C's Office floor, nice carpeting :D

Anyway, back on track, we should see where citizen tom is, and if there are any bookstores between here and there. How far away IS bucks anyway?

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm with ya, Wesmin! C's office is the place to be! And you can't beat the bus rides...especially when it's late at night and we're coming back from a competition all on a sugar high! You can't beat that!

About Bucks...do you remember when we had the competition last year at Central Bucks West? If I remember correctly...it was about am hour drive on school buses...so I'm estimating about a 45-40 min. drive in a regular car.

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...anyone out there? Anyone?!

10. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    This isn't very fun with only two people, where are the other two?

heh, remindes me of a episode 1 quote this does :D

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, Wesmin!

Well...I don't know about Crazed(he's more of a gamer and probably set us up and will never come back...that's how he is :p ) Anyway...I think I've narrowed the days we can go down to two. And those days are Tuesday and Thursday due to reasons that were already brought up. So...all I need from you guys is some suggestions...and then I guess we'll take a vote to see where we will end up. :)

12. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    glad to see you guys r getting closer to a meeting! :)

13. GothicAngel85

GothicAngel85 Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2002
    Yeah Wesmin7, I do think your crazy (in reply to your earlier post)...j/k, lol. Actually, I like both dances and bandie bus rides as social events (though noone cares to talk to me on the bandie bus rides anymore so i'm stuck alone listening to my cd player...so this year I think the dances will be much more social for me)...I also like the bandroom during lunch as my new hangout place but there I only hang out with (*gasp*) freshman! lol...hey, so what if i'm a senior that's friends with a bunch of the freshman :p

Anyways...as I was gonna say...I never missed a dance since 8th grade (except, well, the Jr/Sr prom I didn't go to til last year but that's cus noone wanted to go w/me and I wasn't exactly a Jr or a Sr yet)...that's cool your planning to go to the prom this year though, Wesmin7. Your going too, right HanSolo29? I'm definatly going...last year it was awsome!

Anyways, since that's completely off the subject, I think i'll now reply to the original topic...i'd love to have a meeting w/all of you, but I dunno if my parents would let me go...err, maybe I could get a ride though...just tell me when and where, lol. I love bookstores...lately I mostly go to Borders...I don't think i've ever been to B&N yet...but hey, i'm not about to turn down a bookstore visit, lol. Maybe B&N would have the next book in the one series i've been trying to find for the past few months (everyone's like sold out of it)...okay, as long as I can get a ride, i'm definatly in! lol.

Well, there's my 2 cents...HanSolo29 and Wesmin7, you can each have 1 cent :p lol

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok, guys...I just got a new idea from the costuming forum. I was talking to Gothic Angel and she suggested about having a Halloween get-together where we each dress as a SW character. What do the rest of you guys think of this? Would you like having a Halloween bash for our first meeting?

EDIT: I think the Halloween meeting would work out good. I just checked dates and we could do it on Tuesday Oct. 29 or Thursday Oct. 31. I'm leaning more toward the 31st.

15. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    and then there is the person who doesn't play ANYTHING ;) ...*sigh*...I don't understand the family relation there... :) ... I DID NOT DIE!! :D

Sorry I havn't been on, but band just started for me( I still remeber how to play it!) and i've been playing Zeus in my free time (love the building series ;) )and I havn't really been able to get on...well...not on the forums...but...that sounds good, even though I don't trick or treat anymore...anytime is good for me exept wednesdays and fridays..where are you planning to have it? (ah..two things to look forward to...AoM and this :) )

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, Crazed! I'm glad you didn't die! :p

Anyway...the first meeting will not be held on a Wed. or a Fri. It will be held on a Thursday...which is Halloween. Check out the other thread for details! ;)

BTW...no problem about not being able to make it on the boards...I'm busy too! :)

17. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Good to see you guys get your own board too! Us State College fans just got our own board, so this is a good reorgaization. Good luck starting a fanforce chapter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.