main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Meeting Planning

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by NarundiJedi, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noggins

noggins Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, only two days to go... I'm leaving the UK on Sunday morning and getting into Albany later afternoon the same day.

And I've been wanting to say this for so long: :p

Alert Albany to prepare for my arrival :D

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    10-4 good buddy.
    Will redevous at Albany International Airport on Sunday.
    Look for the man wearing one red shoe.

Just kidding. I assume there will be a group waiting for you and I will tell them I am waiting for you as well. I will have a gift for you.

I will wear a star wars shirt.

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yay! Not long until I get to meet the drunken Welshman! :D

So, when should we plan to meet up again? ;)

Oh, and sorry I've been away from here for so long. I've had a lot running through my head since the end of July, with work and writing and all. :)

Jae Angel

4. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    Actually I've got no one waiting for me - I have to manage to get from the airport to the campus on my own! Shouldn't be too bad... I'm guessing the taxi drivers aren't that bad :p

And meeting up... hmmm... well, as best as I can tell I'm free during the day next Saturday. There's some general welcome-to-SUNY things going on that night including setting up a 10,000 watt PA system and playing random music. Sure, it won't be metal and there won't be any beer but I'll try to cope with the pain of that :)

5. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Greetings, all! Sorry I haven't posted in ages, busy with work and such at Colonie Center. Where and when on the 30th? I am working that day 11-7 but I'll see if I can't cut out early, but prob not b4 4:30...

6. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    Woo! I'm leaving the UK in just under 2 hours. Not long now...

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Dude, noggins, how was your trip? :) Let us people who couldn't come to the airport know! :D

I gotta take the GREs and then visit a friend for her birthday this Saturday, but later this weekend I should be free! It's Labor Day Weekend! :D

Jae Angel

8. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I am assuming that Saturday on the 30th will work. How about Crossgates mall at Sabarros restaurant at 7 pm. What do you think.
    By the way I went to the airport to say hi to noggins not knowing that he didnt have anyone waiting for him. I saw a group people with signs and thought that was for his group. Fortunately for him I showed up with my star wars shirt and gave noggins a ride to Suny. I went around in circles because I the directions were wrong. But I got him to the building and I think he was probably the only student with someone waiting for him. I guess it was a test to see how smart he was. I guess he passed.

9. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    Yup, smart is the word for it - and utterly thankful you gave me a lift!! Made my life so much easier!

The flight was great and I'm slowly settling in despite a tiny bit of homesickness upon seeing the prison cell-cum-army barracks that is my dorm room. It was kinda depressing but I can make it feel like home in no time.

Looking forward to Saturday and now I'm here I'm up for meeting people whenever possible! Yay! I made it!

10. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    well sat works for me i think, i have a few things scheduled but i think i can get around it.

11. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    So it is official on Saturday 30th of August we will meet at Sabarros restaurant next to cinema 18 at Crossgates mall at 7 pm.

12. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    7pm? Gah! Not sure if I'm doing something organised by the college in the evening... I'll be able to head down for an hour or so though but probably not for much longer than that

13. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm still alive but I have alot of stuff going on! Have fun guys. :)

14. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    Oh, and Cinema 18... that's the one downstairs in the mall, right? Near the tacky diner-style restaurant?

15. Tripple8ch

Tripple8ch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2002
    Hey noggins! What building are you in? I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm gonna be in Mohawk Tower.

16. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Well that is the one downstairs. Hey Noggins if you need a ride give me a call. Beside I will drive you back at the end of the meeting anyway.

17. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    Tripple8ch: I'm in Waterbury on the downtown campus - that tends to be where they stick all the international students.

bezeel: That's cool but I'll try to get up there by bus if I can - I need to get to grips with it somehow.

I'll see you all there!!

18. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    sounds good if i can manage to get myself there i shall be there. how will we all know who each other are? that just hit me? should we sit in a certain place?

19. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    How about we star wars shirts and sit in the corner on the right side. Worked for noggins and jess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.