main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA First New LAFF Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, May 6, 2009.

?

First New LAFF Meeting

Poll closed May 10, 2009.
  1. Saturday May 16th

50.0%
  2. Saturday May 23rd

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Ok guys, time to vote. Meeting place will be determined after we vote. You have 4 days to vote

2. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I voted for the 16th because the 23rd is part of the Memorial Day weekend. But, either one will be fine with me.

SJ, let us know if you want us to research restaurants. But, please be specific if there's anything we don't want. For instance, if we decided on CPK one month and Islands another month, why would you not want Macaroni Grill, Mimi's or Olive Garden, just because they are chains?

I'd like to make A REQUEST that we don't go anyplace with really crappy parking or hard to get to (even with mapquest.) Those are REQUESTS. I'll still do my best to join you guys even if I have to park 5 blocks away and drive for an hour to find the place. We usually have so much fun when we go to dinner together.

3. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    VK2, find us a restaurant. You seem to be on the up and up, I will entrust you to find us a place to meet. My first thoughts for free parking and somewhere to meet is Burbank, But I'm open to something near Sherman Oaks, just so it's "central" to the remaining LAFF members.

4. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Well it looks like the 16th might be the winner??? We will go where summoned:D

5. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Hmmm it's tied????

6. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Because of the holiday weekend on the 23rd, we will meet on the 16th.

Since VK2 hasn't gotten back to me, let's make the meeting place at Islands in Burbank. Saturday the 16th at 3pm. I will make a new thread and have the scrolling marquee changed.

7. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Sorry I didn't get back on this thread. I've been away from work and the computer for 3 lovely days. I really couldn't help you as far as finding a restaurant in Burbank or City Walk. Those are two places I don't frequent. I know what all the oldbie would say, but, they are both very difficult and inconvenient places for me to get to &/or get home. It's one thing to spend almost an hour to find a place. It's another thing to spend almost an hour and not find the place.

Also, according to GForce, he and Mary can't make it to Burbank or City Walk Saturday either. I thought he was going to post it, but maybe I'm on the wrong thread. Mary was severely injured last week and would rather take it a little easy. That's the bad news. The good news is, GForce also can't make it because he has to drive down to Orange County to pick up Baltar's Lounge which he won at the Battlestar Galactica Auction this weekend, making the trip from OC to Torrance to Burbank &/or City Walk a little too much for them. He and Mary told me they would rather go to the Bridge. It's closer to where they live (me too, by the way) and also has Star Trek playing t IMax. GForce also told me that the tickets are less than the $18 City Walk is charging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.