main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I did crash one once. It got stuck dispensing a drink. Oops

That's probably why the flavors are always weird. You can change the what goes into the various flavors in the service menu. There's not even a passcode, you just tap a triangle on a certain screen. :eek:

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Prometheus was a bit "meh" in terms of plot, but damn if it isn't one of the best-looking films I've ever seen.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Blockbuster is pretty much dead... hurt by Redbox to a degree, but more so by the internet and streaming (both pay-per-view and monthly subscription models). It also hasn't helped them that people want to own DVDs and Blu-rays more than they ever wanted to own VHS. The closest Blockbuster to me now is 20 miles away, after three closer ones closed, which is kind of crazy in metro Atlanta.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Holy crap! Brain Invaders is real!

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Really optical media like DVD's and blu-rays have their days numbers as it is. They are expensive and delicate. They are vanishing from not just Ultrabooks but Desktops. Electronics companies are pushing DNLA certified media players that stream to TVs and tablets. Television ownership itself is down. Wireless AC brother. Steaming services and digital downloadable media are very popular (and this is where the DRM rant starts) and supports a variety of devices. Ok... enough ranting.

6. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Until downloads and streaming feature UHD and uncompressed audio, I'll stick with my ancient Blu Rays. :p

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Nothing tends to look as good as Blu-ray, but I'm just sayin'. And I'm no audiophile although I appreciate a good set of speakers and headphones.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  8. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe now with multi-terabyte hard drives under $100 and 4k TVs entering the market, they'll bring digital content up to BR's spec. And I certainly can't argue with digital downloads being more convenient! But your right, Blu Ray's and especially DVD's days are numbered.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.

Always remember.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I hate roaches. x.x; Yuck!

11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    @ the 1:00 mark:

12. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    New name.

Same uninteresting lurker.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ^Lol, now I'll never horribly typo your username again.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh my god! :eek:

Darn! Nature you scary!

15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

"Congratulations. You are no longer a lurker. You are Convor. May the Force be with you."

16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I rarely do movies in theater anymore & never rent... more cost effective to buy DVD then view it on my home theater. I like to eat when watch movies, and theaters have priced themselves out my market, plus its healthier.;)

Unless I order pizza.
    :p

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmmm... pizza... Damnit Sx3!

18. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    The only time in the last 3 years I've ventured into a movie theater was for the TPM 3D release. :p

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, nothing beats the theatre experience for me. Especially living in Brooklyn, where we have the best audiences. I saw Man With the Iron Fists last week in Regal's version of IMAX, such a great experience, partly due to the giant screen and bombastic sound system, partly due to the audience who was loving the hell out of the film, and partly due to movie popcorn. :D

20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I just brought the theater home with me. :D I don't know about the theaters in your area, but people around here won't stop texting during the movie.:mad:

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh sure, there's always those ***holes no matter what state I'm in. But still, not enough to ruin the experience for me. It is something I cannot understand though. If you need to text with someone that bad DON'T GO TO A FREAKING MOVIE!!! Seriously, it's just two hours, usually less.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Speaking of theaters, we just saw Skyfall in the theater yesterday. Great movie!

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My whole fam got together to go see it yesterday... but I passed.

I love my Denon home theater, its just as loud as being at the movies and I can sit in the front row without getting a crink in my neck.;)
    And, I don't admit any annoying people who love to text... except my girlfriend.
    :p

24. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I see I'm in good company then. :D

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There are two big theaters by me but I rarely go myself. Its just to expensive for me so I can't justify it. Then again I guess I don't really watch many movies anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.