main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fitness, Health & Weight Loss 2013 - Prepare for CVII

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 21, 2011.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    OK so i know there is another thread...but i can't find it. BESIDES it's a new year!

I weighed in this morning and honestly almost cried, haven't gained it all back, but if i don't do something now.......

so i am going to set a goal, i think starfest is good. I have a goal in mind and i am HOPING, no i know i can do it. no money nothing excpet doing it for me. Anyone else on board????

2. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    there's an ap for that...

so i just found an ap that will do all my calculating for me. that is really handy....:)

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    As soon as I am allowed I'm going to start working out again. But I guess nose nose can't handle it right now? My doctor didn't explain why very well though.

4. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I've been on Weight Watchers online for 4 weeks and have lost 6 pounds. Well, I have another weigh-in on Sunday for the grand total. Yup, that includes Christmas (where I ate tamales for breakfast and 4th meal, mmmmm).

wooooot!
    I've been loving their new system where fruits are point-free.

5. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Oh, and I've been writing what I feel on the fridge, using a wet-erase marker. Right now it says, "Time to buy smaller jeans!" since I can slip out of my current ones.

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm in! I really need to be. I'm currently at my highest weight ever, even worse than the time I spent over a month sitting on my butt writing my thesis and eating chocolate covered cherries. I finally caved and decided to join a gym. I always scoffed at the idea before... like, why pay money every month when I can exercise on my own for free? (Reminiscent of 'I don't need a TiVo, I can program my own VCR'.) Except I never did for the last 3/4 yr, and it shows. I'm currently in the free eval period at the gym, but once that is over and I pick the best deal, I will sign up.

I've been slowly shifting my diet the last week, trying to ween myself away from the bad eating habits I've had, especially the snacks at work. (Dried fruit isn't healthy when it has that much sugar,carbs and sodium!) I need to expand my diet food selection though. Previously I've fallen into a rut of just getting the same thing over and over, and getting tired of it quickly makes it that much harder to stick with it.

I do have a goal for SF. Sadly, to be realistic it is still not where I would have liked to have been before coming out there.

A friend at work recommended DailyBurn. It looks like it has a bunch of options, including tracking what you eat and how you exercise. There are also suggested exercise guides, I think? I haven't looked at everything yet. It also has an iPhone app so you can track things away from your computer. Maybe it will help if I have to notate and track everything I eat.

7. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    First month total, 7.5 lbs lost. :D

8. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I just got back surgery a little over a week ago. Once I'm cleared to do exercise, I'm going to be hitting this gym really hard. It's an MMA training gym and I'm gonna take classes and all that. It's going to be quite amazing. I'm focused this time and I can't wait to watch the weight just melt off. Just right now I'm still lying around in pain lol. But it'll be ON soon!

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

awesome.

I will be doing WW as well. tomorrow we are hitting it hard. i 'sortof' was keeping track...lost 3 lbs so far...but monday is the get back to it day.

One of my favorite sites. LaLoosh. Making the Shepard's Pie tomorrow.

10. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Sweeeet, sistah! I'll bring Ww point information along any of my potluck foods. This is going to be lots more fun with two. [face_love]

11. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I'm using a combination of caloriecount.about.com and healthmonth.com. I'm down 5 lbs, and hope to be down another 15 by StarFest

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I've been working on more of a lifestyle change when it comes to my food. Dieting has never worked for me. I always loose weight, then when I go off the diet I gain it back. So if I just change the way I eat completely, there's nothing to fall back on or even a diet to actually end. The biggest thing for me is going to be the working out though.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Down 5 total this morning....i was a bit bad last nite, had chipotle.

I am going to be on the wagon today! no starbucks, no pumpkin scone. I have my cuties & bananas...which according to the new WW are FREEEE. aka no points. :)

i have some lean cuisines at work...they actually are decent and inexpensive...and they help out with lifestyle change...I am with you sarah it has to be a total change. I know i have yo-yo'd so much i have called myself the white oprah on weightloss.

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I totally feel off the wagon yesterday. I was at home sitting around all day and ate and drank lots that I wasn't supposed to have. :(

I'm off to the gym now!

15. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    ^^hehehee good one

I LOVE that fruits are free now. I think that fact alone has made me difference for me. I feel like this is doable.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    agreed...on the fruit...i had a few cuties and a banana. my goal is AT least 20 before starfest if not more....i have to loose the 10 i gained back. :_|

i have cooked MANY things at the LaLoosh site...it is all really good. :)

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I went on the treadmill at the gym for half an hr' this morning; it claimed 184 calories. Then I went for a 45min, 2.7mile walk at lunch. Im getting back into the habit of exercising, but the dieting isn't all the way there yet.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Had my exact number of points today! Ok the shepards pie link I posted...it was SO GOOD!!! you would never guess eating it it was WW recipe. That's is why I love the LaLoosh site. The food is just REALLY good.

Ok so we will see how the rest o the week goes!

19. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    3 hard boiled eggs, throw yolks away
    2 Tbsp of hummus, scoop into egg halves.
    Sprinkle with paprika or salt

= a 2 point late night snack

20. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    [face_sick]

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    YUM!!!!!! that sounds good! i love hummus.

so far today had some toast i ran out of rice milk so no cereal.
    2 cuties and an apple

tonite will be the left-overs of the TASTY shepard's pie...need to look and figure out some more tasty things from laloosh

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OH man this looks wonderful!!

23. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Anybody up North interested in Tai Chi?

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK officially a good 5 lbs! it always encouraging when you have results! especially after my chipotle dinner on sunday...hehe

25. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Why must you live clear the hell up there?