main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I actually saw that episode recently too. I noticed that Anakin was in fact laying on Chuchi's lap... Nothing important, but still flustered me a little. o_O

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Cargo of Doom:

Nice opening/quick explanation of Ropal's capture.

The torturing Ropal to death has to be one of the darkest moments of the show, creeps me out no matter how often I see it.

LOL Yularen and the clones arguing with Anakin, Anakin saying "thank you for your opinion, move along".

Ah, Nute Gunray, always thinking with your wallet.

Battle droid humor...isn't.

Rex bumping his head and "oh, switch to night vision." I did laugh at that one. Fighting on the ceiling with the gravity generators off was funny too. "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down..."

Oh dammit, Snips, you fell right into that one. A few nice martial arts moves on Bane before getting your ass kicked though.

And Yularen grumbling about Anakin again.

I don't know how Bane knew about Anakin's attachment issues but that was a smart move on his part. And the scene in which Anakin opens the Holocron to save her is sad and chilling after watching The Wrong Jedi.

Good moment of suspense there with the airlock and the explosive reactor. I can't believe Ahsoka told Anakin to be patient though.

I did like their bonding moment when she apologized though.

Solid episode. 8/10

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Children of the Force:

Nice opening but how the hell did Bane get trooper armor?

So the Council is going to use the Force to find a needle in a haystack. And Anakin is the one to sense Naboo. Typical.

"Among the children of the Jedi there are no innocents." Creepy, with ROTS foreshadowing.

Multiple Jedi mind tricks on Bane. Interesting especially from an ethical standpoint.

Anakin saying that the Jedi should report to Palpatine on "internal matters". Oh Anakin, you moron.

Sidious hologram plotting experimentation on the babies was really creepy.

Pretty cool with Ahsoka and Anakin using the volcanic ash and the fuel log to calculate where Bane went. And that was quite the fight that Obi-Wan and Mace got.

Good suspense there with Anakin and Ahsoka trying to get the kids out before the base sank. And that baby's eyes popping open as Sidious said to let the base sink into the lava...it's like he knew.

Yoda's last line about the future of the Jedi being uncertain was poignant. But at the same time the foreshadowing may have been overkill here, especially with Mustafar.

Still, this was solid. 8/10

4. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Good thread. I just started watching this show in the last few weeks so I’m plowing through old seasons and these are fresh in my mind. Got through Seasons 1 & 2, working on Season 3. Comments:

ROTFLMAO at Cad Bane being sucked into that fan.

I found it funny how such a pro almost was killed that way. Gotta say I loved his droid, though.

Duel was OK, not great.

Didn’t expect it to be. Ahsoka shouldn’t have trouble taking down a single bounty hunter.

Those holocrons all look alike, how did Bane know which one to take?

I wondered the same thing. They either all have the same info or he was given instructions as to which one. Though I’d wonder how Sidious would know which one. Or maybe they’re labeled and we couldn’t see.

And the scene in which Anakin opens the Holocron to save her is sad and chilling after watching The Wrong Jedi.

Obviously, it’s for the sake of drama, but I kinda felt that he didn’t even need to open the Holocron given that he was planning on using the Force to get Ahsoka out anyway. Could have started to open it and got Bane’s guard down, then made his move. Either way, it’s a great episode to show how clever Bane can be.

Children of the Force:

Maybe it’s me but this is the most active we’ve seen Sidious in the show up to this point. Up until now, he’s only been giving orders via hologram and such.

Nice opening but how the hell did Bane get trooper armor?

The end of last episode, he’s confronted by two guards. He switches clothes with one of them then has the guard, dressed as himself, get shot off.

Anakin saying that the Jedi should report to Palpatine on "internal matters". Oh Anakin, you moron.

I do notice they try to kinda plant the seeds of Anakin eventually getting closer to Palpatine. They have him agree with Palpatine’s decisions quite a bit. In the Zillo monster episode, Amidala brings Anakin to help persuade them to not kill it and by the end, Anakin’s starting to agree with Palpatine there as well. That’s also the first episode where Palpatine really shows some evil tendancies. Some foreshadowing of Windu disliking him there too.

Also, just watched the Assassin episode where Sing tries to kill Amidala and is hired by Ziro. I assume this is before Ziro is liberated at the end of Season 1. I know they do prequel episodes here and there but it’s not entirely obvious with that one.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It's kind of interesting but if you think about, what Sidious want's to do with the children is pretty much the same thing as what the Jedi do with them :)

I agree with you, I thought the attempt to mind rape Bane was good albiet a bit disturbing.

Thought it was funny that Ahsoka thought something was up, just because a wounded trooper did not feel in the mood to talk to her :p

Mustafar was a bit grown worthy and the fact they go back there in the Mortis and Citadel arcs show's the writers have a bit of obssesion with Lava.

Did think it was funny but a bit obvious of Palpatine cutting Ahsoka out like that though.

6. El Bastarde

Mar 2, 2013
    It's kind of interesting but if you think about, what Sidious want's to do with the children is pretty much the same thing as what the Jedi do with them

Well except for the "operating on them to control their minds" thing.

Thought it was funny that Ahsoka thought something was up, just because a wounded trooper did not feel in the mood to talk to her

True but you usually don't blow off a Jedi when they're trying to talk to you...especially a soldier grunt.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Senate Spy:

I've reviewed some of this earlier.

I liked Padme and Anakin's reunion, the eye sex they exchanged when Padme dismissed 3PO (who should really know to just shut up and leave by now), the "you call this place 'home'."

LOL the Council was totally trolling Anakin with all the comments about how Padme and Clovis were "close" and these were "personal matters". Either that or they were clueless, which I doubt.

Padme and Anakin were both being childish. Yes, Padme, he has to leave, he has a job to do and his boss has just paged him seven times. Get over it. And Anakin--really? You didn't anticipate that she might have had boyfriends in the past? Again, get over it. And if you had told me that you wouldn't "let" me do something, I'd knee you in the nuts right there.

Padme calls him "Clovis". I've always called romantic interests by their first names. And former romantic interests are either a first name, "loser", or "***hole", but I digress. Her calling her by his last name was weird.

I laughed hard at Anakin flying the ship in such a way that Clovis got knocked around. I don't know how he made it all the way to Cato Neimoidia like that though, if it was such a "long trip."

The Cato Neimoidia scenes were a big sapfest in which Padme promised to prostitute herself for information. Gag. And really, GFFA, consider implementing "need a stronger password, use at least one number and one symbol" into your top-secret computer files.

The ending with Anakin and Padme reuniting and Clovis quaking in his boots was satisfying. But this episode was overall pretty bad.

2/10

pronker and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Indocritnating kids from birth is mind control ;)

I dunno, if your a wounded trooper, the last thing you would want is to start chatting to a kid.

9. El Bastarde

Mar 2, 2013
    3PO (who should really know to just shut up and leave by now),

Eh, if he wasn't nervous and awkward, it wouldnt be C3PO.

Padme and Anakin were both being childish.

I did like the conversation where he tells her she's not going, which she agreed to at first, but then him doing that causes her to want to go. Inadvertantly, the Jedi Council is pleased.

And really, GFFA, consider implementing "need a stronger password, use at least one number and one symbol" into your top-secret computer files.

Bleh, I hate those things. But, still a horrible password.

and Clovis quaking in his boots was satisfying.

The worst is that it implies that Clovis is about to be tortured/executed or whatever and then cuts away...and we never hear about Clovis again. Kinda shows a jealous "dark side" of Anakin too since he abandons him when Padme is out of it, especially after he helped them both escape.

A bit of a throw-away episode but I felt it more humorous than anything.

10. El Bastarde

Mar 2, 2013
    Indocritnating kids from birth is mind control

Yes, but seeing how many leave/turn away/etc, it's clearly not as effective. It still implies a choice in the matter later in life.

11. El Bastarde

Mar 2, 2013
    Just finished Season 3. Enjoyed it quite a bit...a number of longer episode arcs in this one. The Oppress arc, The Mordis stuff, The Citadel, and then Ahsoka's capture were all pretty entertaining. Even the last one looked weak at first and got much better as it went along.

I do like how they imply Ahsoka's development. She changes from her tube-top to the little brown outfit she wears and she starts using a dual-lightsaber style at times which is pretty sweet.

I quite liked Dooku's badassery showing up in his fights against Ventress and her assassins and then against Ventress and Oppress...loved him zapping Oppress over and over in that battle...was kind of humorous. We hadn't seen much of Dooku fighting so that was a treat.

Lots of nice foreshadowing with Luke and Tarkin in the Citadel series...quite clever there. I liked Even Piell so it's a bummer to see him go. I liked Sobeck too and there's even a funny line where Obi Wan says he's surprised at Sobeck's looks given he had such a wimpy voice...I think that's an inside joke given they're the same voice actor.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hey guys, the edit button is your friend. Lets stop with the multiple posts. Thank you.

Season 3 does have a strong opening and a strong ending.

13. El Bastarde

Mar 2, 2013
    Hey guys, the edit button is your friend. Lets stop with the multiple posts.

I know, but those posts were days apart...seemed weird to me to edit something from that long ago.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I supposed I could have combined Cargo of Doom and Children of the Force with three minutes to spare, but I'm usually out of edit time by the time I review another episode.

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Citadel for me is the Clone Wars version of PJ's Hobbit, Its a 1 episode/film arc stretched out to 3

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked having both split into 3. The Citadel arc was perfect. Didn't feel rushed like Mortis or Nightsisters. The end of season 5 should have cut the beginning of Sabotage.

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I suppose it could have been stretched to 2, but for me 3 was to much, there were literally scenes of them just walking around that added nothing, but that's jmo

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    For the Hobbit it probably could have been done in two parts but we shall have to see what is included in the last 2 parts.

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Watched the Umbara arc. Incredible. Best arc of the show so far.

DeviantSpirit and Mia Mesharad like this.
  20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm going to have a season 5 marathon, episodes that concern Ahsoka. So far I've watched the Onderon arc. Something I hadn't noticed before, this arc reminds me of the Tibetan freedom movement. Well, it was nice to see Ahsoka face an obstacle: attachment. And she passed, good for her. When Anakin said that he, too, understands attachment, its like I could see Ahsoka thinking: "You understand, too? ... Oh. Oooooh. Padme. Got it." (Which puts her "I know" from the finale into perspective.)

rumblewagon likes this.
  21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Young Jedi. Gungi, Byph, you two warm my heart. Now to Ahsoka. She's a great leader, but I think its her fearlessness and determination that stand out here. She would have been a remarkable Jedi Knight, certainly a teacher. IIRC the identity of Ahsoka's buyer was never revealed.
    ...And I just read the awful news about the show. My bubble is burst for the evening.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  22. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Watched Escape From Kadavo for the first time since it aired, and it was much better than I remember. The Slaves arc was pretty much DOA for me because we knew how it would end, so I was unfairly apathetic about these episodes in hindsight.

I'm not going to say much, other than the aerial battle was cool, Plo's engine cut in particular, and the shot of the Venator lit up in space was gorgeous.

An 8 or 9/10 from me.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm still going to go through Season 2 but I skipped to this one for the purposes of the regrading thread.

Clone Cadets:

Bor-ing.

I was hopeful when I saw that it was a training episode, I would like to see how the clones were taught, but when I started watching it, I was reminded of the first time I watched Survivor. There was a contestant who went on camera and said, "So-and-so is getting on my nerves." My reaction was, that's nice, you dumb whiny *****. You're up for a million dollars. You can put up with someone getting on your nerves. STFU.

Were the clones in third grade or something? "He said X about me!" Yeah, shut up. Put on your Jango Fett underwear and deal with it. There's a war on. And their excuse was that they had to stretch Jango Fett's DNA? Alrighty then.

Shaak Ti was cool. But bounty hunters? Really? And was I supposed to get engaged and take sides in that argument about whether the clones in Domino Squad were "failures" or not? Because I really didn't.

You know what else was cool? The slide-out beds. Not enough to win the episode for me though.

"Jedi do not show concern." ROTFLMAO. Right.

What I did like: seeing how the different clones got their names. The interaction between Hevy and Quasimodo 99, and the difference between that interaction and the way others treated 99. And again, Shaak Ti.

But I was barely able to give this one a 3/10.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  24. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    They've had bounty hunters and mercenaries established as being part of clone training for quite a while now. It's surprisingly something they got right.

That was an...odd line. But I took it more as a rebuke, a "You don't understand the Jedi" rather than a literal statement, since her own actions and all other dialogue contradict the apparent heartlessness of that statement.

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Slaves of the Republic arc was amazing. Really impressed with it.

Darth Vader likes this.