main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Forged Bonds JA UPDATED 9/2/11 (AU Qui-Gon's first apprentice)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The1stJediPrincess, Oct 6, 2010.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful rescue!!! Qui and Sky -- sweet!!! Kaleb -- so brave and honorable!!!!!!!! A complete contrast to Xani :p

Loved the warm fuzzy at the end there and the strong sense of relief.

2. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    =D= 'You didn't actually say I had to go with them...' Clever loophole, Kaleb, very clever. Now I know why Drave wants you as your apprentice.
    (Since he failed, can I have the kid?)

Lovely work your majesty.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Rescue! Nice update.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    YES saved and together again. Love Kaleb=D=

And Xanatos:mad: Why is no one seeing who he really is[face_skull]

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    You describe the wheels ticking over in Xanatos's head aptly.
    Qui-Gon does make too many excuses for Xanatos and it will be his downfall.

Blind love will do that. Skylar, Thoran and Kaleb are safe and that is good.
    =D=

6. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Hope you all like. I myself and am not to sure of this chapter. As always, feedback and suggestions are welcomed. [face_love]

Cade_Cryocharger: Glad you like Kaleb. I'm rather fond of him too. I wanted him to be the polar opposite of Xani. :)

Valairy_Scot: Thanks! Hope you like! [face_laugh]

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you so much for reading. Qui still does not see Xani for what he is. It will be sad when Xan betrays him, well sort of sad. ;)

Gkilkenny: Yes, it will be Qui-Gon's "downfall". I have at least one more evil padawan Xani part before his betrayal. [face_dancing]

Jade_eyes: Thank you for reading. Glad you like Kaleb too.

Chapter 8: Love that Binds

Thoran was pacing in the Room of the Thousand Fountains. He was waiting for Skylar to meet him after her meeting with the Council. Skylar had been away for six weeks on a solo mission. Thoran and Kaleb had wanted to go with her, but three Jedi were not necessary for the short negotiations to settle a border dispute on a relatively peaceful planet. The two had kept in touch, of course, and both knew that duty would separate them from time to time. That did not make it any easier. He was nervous, and rightfully so. Thoran had a very important question to ask Skylar, one that would change their lives forever. He chose this place to ask her, due to its peacefulness. They had been in their relationship for over two years now. It only made sense for them to take the next step.

?Blasted Council,? he muttered to himself as he stood in front of the waterfall, ?You would ask for her report now.?

?I think you could use a little lesson in patience, Master Thoran,? Skylar playfully told him as she walked up the stone path to join him. He met her halfway and in seconds he had her in his arms and was greeting her with a burning kiss. Skylar was breathless when they finally parted.

?Hmmm, maybe I should go on solo missions more often,? she told him with a smile. Reaching up she slipped her hand behind his head and drew his mouth back to hers for another kiss. This time, when the kiss ended, Thoran was the one who was breathless.

He took her hand and they walked back towards the waterfall. Skylar closed her eyes, and took in the serenity of the room. It was her favorite place to come. When she opened her eyes, she noticed that Thoran was on one knee still holding her hand; he was looking up at her. Her heart skipped a beat.

?I love you, Skylar,? he began, ?I know we are Jedi first, but I want to take the next step in our commitment.?

?What are you asking me, Thoran?? Skylar is not sure how she even managed to say the words.

?I?m asking you to be my wife.? He sincerely replied, ?You complete me.? He held out his other hand, which held a ring. Since Jedi were not to have many possessions, the ring was a simple band with a small stone in the center. To Skylar, it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. She slowly nodded her agreement as he placed it on her finger. Tears came to her eyes. Thoran hopped to his feet, and picking her up off the ground, he swung her around. Their laughter could be heard echoing in the room.

A short while later, they knew they would need to go to the Council with their plans. While they did not expect to be met with opposition, they did expect stern warnings regarding attachment, possession, and the Dark Side.

Yoda was in his meditation chamber. Sensing the presence of the two young Jedi, he welcomed them in. ?Something to say, you have??

?Yes, Master Yoda,? Thoran answered, ?Skylar and I have news.?

?To marry you wish?? He questioned his eyes all knowing.

?We do,? Skylar replied.

?Not unexpected this is. Well you have done. Jedi first you are,? Yoda admitted, ?Still danger remains when from attachment possession forms.?

?Agreed,? Thoran said, ?however, while I am emotionally involved with Skylar, I do not and woul

7. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Umm I'm wondering if they do have a child, will it be a little auburn haired boy?
    Great chapter.=D=

8. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Gkilkenny: Ohhh, not a bad idea. However, no, any child will not be an auburn haired little boy. In my insane timeline, Obi-Wan is already born and is 8 years old when Xanatos and Kaleb are 16. Thank you for reading! I so appreciate your feedback!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9: A Padawan of her Own

The first year of marriage blissfully passed. Kaleb had just turned 16 and immensely enjoyed the closeness of the three, but wondered often what it would be like to add to add a fourth member to their family. Knowing that Thoran and Skylar were not planning on a baby anytime soon, he hinted another option at breakfast.

?There is a sparring tournament mid morning,? Kaleb told them casually. ?I heard several masters are going to watch and possibly choose their padawan.?

Skylar cocked an eyebrow, ?Oh?? She replied, even though she had known about the competition and was planning on attending. She had spent the last couple of weeks meditating on the matter and the Force told her it was time.

?Yeah,? Kaleb continued between bites, ?I was wondering, well, you know, do you want to go??

?Why are you asking?? Thoran asked in jest, ?I have a padawan already. Unless there is something you are not telling me. Are you ready to be knighted or leaving the Order or something??

?I didn?t mean you, Master,? Kaleb said exasperated. ?I meant Sky.?

?He knows that, Kaleb,? Skylar told him. ?Your master just has a very strange sense of humor. But to answer your question, yes, I am going. I also would like both you and Thoran to come with me, since any initiate I choose will be part of our family.?

Kaleb broke into a grin, ?I would like that. It?s about time you know.?

She stood up to clear the table, tousling his hair, ?you do know that only you can get away with telling me, 'it?s about time'.?

?I know,? he replied, trying to duck out from underneath her hand, but was not successful, ?and you are the only one that can get away with tousling my hair.?

As she began to load the dishes into the washer, Skylar told them, ?You know how much I want you there to experience this with me; however, there is also someone else I feel the need to share this with also.?

Thoran understood, ?You?ve asked Qui-Gon.?

?I did,? she told them, ?he is my former Master and regardless on how Xanatos has?changed him, I still love him. We made an agreement years ago that he would be part of this. I can?t renege.?

Kaleb understood the bond, since he could not imagine Thoran not being there when it came time for Kaleb to take a student. He still did not like it, since where ever Qui-Gon was, so was Xanatos. He did not have to like Xanatos, but he would respect him as a fellow Jedi. ?I?m fine with it Sky.? He told her, ?as long as I don?t have to sit next to him, it?s all good.?

?Then let?s go,? she said, feeling her excitement build. Qui-Gon and Xanatos were waiting for them on the main floor. Qui-Gon seemed genuinely pleased with the fact his first padawan was taking her own student. Xanatos seemed uninterested and bored. Qui-Gon greeted them cheerfully. Xanatos gave a half bow to both Thoran and Skylar, while he and Kaleb merely nodded to each other.

They took their seats. Skylar made sure Qui-Gon was next to her on the right with Xanatos next to him. Thoran and Kaleb were to her left. The match started shortly thereafter. About two hours into it, Skylar still did not see a student that she felt a connection with. Xanatos was not patient, ?Can?t you just pick one already??

?I could, yes,? she told him, ?but I want it to be the right fit. If I?m not careful I could end up with a conceited and egocentric padawan.? Not very Jedi like, she knew. Funny thing was Qui-Gon did not even notice.

Thoran took her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, ?Take your time, Love. The Force will show you.?

The next two students came out and took their places on the mat. One was confident, the other unsure of h

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved Thoran's proposal and reasonings on attachment =D=

Zac -- :D Nice addition to the Skylar/Thoran/Kaleb circle. :D

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh yes, I like her choice, but why do they let Xanatos get away with his bad attitude without knocking some sense into Qui-Gon.:oops:
    Perhaps that is why he was such a fool, everyone thought he would wake up to himself and realise that his own Padawan should be in the agri-corps, or better yet sent back to Telos. Qui-Gon seems to think that spoilt brats make good Jedi.
    Oh how wrong is he.

Well done.=D=

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    have caught up with my reading and doing NaNoWriMo and love this forming of a Jedi family.=D==D=

Wonderful and nice characters but Xanatos[face_devil] is an evil and Qui-Gon should see who he really is.

12. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    [:D]

I just found this story, I have to read all the other chapter. Sofar I really like it. Hopeful the next chapter is come soon.

Please PM if you do. thanks

13. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Jade_eyes: Thank you, I just don't get the whole "no attachment thing." Gald you like Zac. [:D]

Gkillkenny: Qui-Gon was so blind when it came to Xani. Hope you like this part. [face_peace]

earlybird-obi-wan: I'm rather fond of the "Jedi family" too. Hope you like[face_dancing]

littleobiwankenobi: I can PM you! Thanks for reading and I'm glad you like! [face_love]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 10: A Padawan not to be Trusted

It was an adjustment getting used to a second padawan living in the apartment, but it was a welcomed one. Zac was as polite as Kaleb and as quirky as Thoran. He made the perfect addition to the already out of the ordinary group.

Kaleb had taken Zac under his wing and in what seemed to be a matter of days; they were as close as brothers. Skylar worked with Zac on perfecting his lightsaber form, using Kaleb as the example. Soon, Zac had abandoned Shii-Cho for Kaleb?s own form of choice, Makashi.

Thoran stood in the training room, watching the padawans in a practice duel. Skylar was in the archives doing research as a favor to the Council. The master was silent except for times when critique was necessary. Zac grew in leaps and bounds under Skylar?s tutelage. He also had the advantage of Thoran and Kaleb, who always made themselves available to the younger boy during his first year as a part of their family. In no time, Zac?s previous insecurity disappeared and was replaced with a humble, yet confident demeanor.

Thoran and Skylar proved to be a strong team and their padawans followed their lead. The missions the foursome had been assigned ended successfully each time. Yoda was pleased with the progress, and he was even warming up to the fact that perhaps attachments did not necessarily lead to the dark side.

?Well done boys,? Thoran said, calling the match to an end. Zac did not beat Kaleb, but there was no doubt that day would come sooner then later. ?Hit the showers, I?m going to check on Skylar.?

Both boys powered down their weapons and bowed to Thoran. He gave them a one handed wave on his way out of the training room, ?meet us at the dining hall. I bet you guys are starved.?

Kaleb and Zac had every intention on doing what they were told. They put the training mat away and moved towards the showers in the gymnasium. They were joking with one another and they were in a hurry to get to last meal, since yes, they were very hungry.

Slow clapping on the other end of the gym caused them to stop. Kaleb sighed when he saw Xanatos. ?Well done boys, indeed,? Xanatos said sarcastically. ?Is your master blind??

?What do you want, Xanatos,? Kaleb asked sensing how uncomfortable Zac was and wishing to defuse the situation.

?You never duel me anymore,? Xanatos said with an evil grin as he picked up a training lightsaber. ?Are you afraid of me??

?Why would be afraid of you?? Sac said, coming to Kaleb?s defense.

Xanatos looked at Zac as if he was a pathetic being not worth his time, ?Who asked you, brat? This is between Kaleb and me. So what will it be, ?Oh Perfect Padawan??

?There is no Master in the training room,? Zac pointed out, aware of the rule that padawans were not to duel without a master present.

?No Master in the training room,? Xanatos repeated mimicking Zac. ?For the love of the Sith, what do they see in you? Keep out of it, or you will get hurt!?

Stepping protectively in front of Zac, Kaleb looked Xanatos in the eye and evenly said, ?You will not threaten him, and I am not going to fight you.? He turned and started to move away from Xanatos.

Xanatos took this as an opportunity to ignite the training weapon and prepared to bring it down on Kaleb?s shoulders. Even though it was only an instruction lightsaber, it still would have caused a very painful burn had it met its mark. Before Kaleb was able to react, Zac had his own weapon out and met Xanatos? blade before he was able to strike Kaleb. Kaleb swung ar

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, *I* have a bad feeling about this, too. Xan is going to misbehave and Qui is going to let him get away with it.

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh no, not the proverbial 'Bad feeling', if Xanatos does anything to hurt Zac, Skylar won't forgive Qui-Gon or his bratty Apprentice. I hope Zac heeds Kalebs warning and stays clear of Xanatos. [face_worried]

=D=

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    bad feelings for Xanatos yes[face_devil] That boy is a pain in the[face_skull]

17. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    [face_devil]
    Oh, *I* have a bad feeling about this, too. Xan is going to misbehave and Qui is going to let him get away with it.

Oh no, not the proverbial 'Bad feeling', if Xanatos does anything to hurt Zac, Skylar won't forgive Qui-Gon or his bratty Apprentice. I hope Zac heeds Kalebs warning and stays clear of Xanatos.

bad feelings for Xanatos yes That boy is a pain in the

[face_devil]

Yes I have also a very bad feeling about the important mission. I hope Qui Gon will see that Xanatos is a really bad padawan.

18. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Valairy_Scot: Xani will be misbehaving even more in next post! [face_whistling]

GKilkenny: Zac does his best to avoid Xani, but soon can't. [face_whistling]

earlybird-obi-wan: Xani sure is, isn't he? [face_laugh]

littleobiwankenobi: Sadly, Qui-Gon will not see Xani's true colors yet. [face_worried]

Just a short post...more to come soon, I hope. Thank you all for reading and your reviews!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11: Mission to Danger

The next morning, Skylar stood with Zac waiting for Qui-Gon and Xanatos to join them on the landing platform. Skylar took the opportunity to contact Thoran. She could not help smiling at his scratchy throated response over the comlink.

?How are you feeling?? She asked him.

?I?m tired and miserable,? He told her ruefully. ?I still wish you were going with someone else. I do not like it. I don?t like I won?t be there to make sure your safe.?

?Thoran,? Skylar said quietly, ?We have gone on separate missions before. You can?t always be there with me, don?t you trust me??

?Of course I trust you. I don?t necessarily trust Qui-Gon?s judgment where his padawan is concerned.?

Skylar sighed, ?Thoran, you know Qui-Gon would never let anything hurt me.?

?I don?t know when I believe anymore when it comes to the ?All Powerful Qui-Gon Jinn?, Skylar,? Thoran winced as his words come out more harshly then he intended. ?His clarity is usually hazy when it comes to Xanatos. I?m really worried for you and Zac.?

?Sweetheart, you are tired, sick, and from the sounds of it, rather cranky,? She added the last part with a good natured grin, ?Don?t worry so much, we will be fine. I love you.?

?Love you too,? she heard him say. ?We will join you as soon as we can. Promise me you will be careful.?

?Of course. See you soon.? She ended the transmission just as Qui-Gon and Xanatos arrived.

?Is anything wrong?? Qui-Gon asked, having caught the tail end of the conversation.

?No, of course not,? Skylar replied. ?It?s good to see you, Master. It has been a while since we have worked together.?

?It has, yet I sense your husband is less then happy with the arrangement.? Qui-Gon never missed anything.

?He is concerned,? Skylar admitted as she followed Qui-Gon. They strapped themselves into their seats as the pilots prepared to take off.

?Such concern and worry can be detrimental to a mission,? Qui-Gon lectured her. ?As a Jedi, you must always look at the mission as a whole. While you may save one person, how many could die??

Skylar was offended, but hid it well, ?Master, you know better then that. After all, Thoran and I have proved ourselves a very productive team. Thoran is ill and irritable. He will get over it.? She and Zac took out their data pads, ?Now, Zac and I have done research on the Chaslasian Civil War.?

Qui-Gon took a seat next to her and pulled out his own research and Xanatos followed suit, ?What do we know so far??

Zac spoke up, ?Well, King Didrik died almost a year ago. Prince Delapar will be the new ruler. He is the second son, but his brother, Prince Delling, has been missing for six months. Because of this, Delapar will be crowned King next week.?

Qui-Gon was impressed, ?Continue.?

Zac consulted his data pada again, ?the planet was a relatively peaceful one until about the time of king?s death and Prince Delling?s disappearance. Then the people just turned on one another. The government began arresting and prosecuting citizens for all sorts of reasons. They are being persecuted for religion, social status, political standing. It does not make sense, since the planet has a history of being tolerable. I could not figure out why the sudden change.?

?That?s because you are a kid,? Xanatos said unkindly. ?In my research, the wealthy have taken complete control. They wish to tamp out the undesirables.? Xanatos fixed his gaze on Zac as he emphasized the last word.

Skylar noticed this; however, Qui-Gon did not. She sent a quick re

19. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Hope this chapter is to your liking. Please be kind and review. [face_whistling]

Chapter 11: Disloyalty Amongst Padawans.

Xanatos and Zac followed their masters onto the lift to take them back to the main floor of the palace. Once there, they split into two groups. The padawans headed one direction and the masters the other. Zac had an uneasy feeling, but quickly released it and calmed himself. Xanatos seemed to be very sure of his decision so Zac followed his lead.

Xanatos saw a datapad on a table as they explored the rooms. He picked it up and slid it into his robe. ?How good a splicer are you??

?Pretty good,? Zac responded, ?Kaleb is much better but he has taught me a lot.?

?Yes, I do recall Mr. Faultless was rather good has splicing,? Xanatos said in a low voice. ?Let?s go find a place to plug this thing in.?

?We can?t get caught with this in our possession,? Zac pointed out. ?Give it to me; I will download all the information onto my datapad.?

In a matter of minutes, Zac had the two datapads hooked up to one another and files transferred to his personal device. He put the datapad back where Xanatos had picked it up.

?Well done, young one.? Xanatos? compliment was like a double-edged sword. It was given, but not sincere.

?Thanks.? Zac simply said. ?Where to next??

?Kitchens,? Xanatos told him. ?Best way to learn about who you are investigating is to spy on the help.?

Taking care to conceal their presence with the Force, the two teenagers moved quietly down a service hallway. At the end of the hallway was a huge kitchen with several cooks, maids, and butlers. The kitchen had vaulted ceilings held by thick and wide support beams at least 20 feet off the floor. Xanatos pointed to them and flicked his fingers gently towards the people in the room. They heard a cook ask, ?What was that?? When the servants were distracted for that brief moment, Xanatos and Zac made a soundless leap and landed on the beams.

?It was nothing,? a butler decided and they went on with their conversation, completely unaware of the Jedi who were sitting on the beams above them.

?Do you think the Jedi will learn the fate of Prince Delling?? One maid asked.

?One can only hope,? replied the cook. ?I watched that boy grow into a man, he was destined to be our king, not this sniveling younger brother of his.?

?Shhh!? The butler admonished her. ?You don?t want to be arrested for treason.?

?Arrested for telling the truth?? The older woman asked incredulously. ?Besides, we are all friends here.?

?Yes, we are,? said one of the maids. ?Yet there are many spies in this palace. We are the resistance?s last hope. We need to stay intact. The more we learn the better chance we will have at finding out if Delling is still alive.?

The cook turned her attention back to the stove and stirred one of the large pots. She nodded and stayed silent. The group quietly returned to their duties and prepared to serve dinner. It a few moments the coast was clear and the two jumped down from their hiding spot and quickly returned to the main room. Looking around to make sure they were alone, Zac pulled out his comlink, ?Master??

?I?m here Zac, did you enjoy exploring?? Skylar?s voice was smooth, but almost song like. He knew she was not alone, so he replied in a cheerful voice, ?Oh, yes Master. The palace is full of history, it was quite informative.?

?Good to hear, my Padawan,? was the response. ?It?s time for dinner, please meet Master Qui-Gon and I outside the war room.?

The students obeyed. Neither spoke as they waited patiently for their masters to emerge. In a few moments, Qui-Gon and Skylar exited. One look at their faces and Zac knew to keep quiet for the time being. They followed Prince Delapar to the dining hall and each took a seat. Zac took special care to make sure he was on one side of Skylar and Qui-Gon was on the other.

Over the first course of soup, Delapar asked, ?What do you think of my battle plans, Master Jedi??

?It seems to be excessive in my opinion,? Qui-Gon stated neutrally.

?But I must tamp out

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    I hope there isn't going to be any dying Padawans. Should I get my box of tissues ready.

Kaleb told Zac not to trust Xanatos, I hope it doesn't end badly for Zac and Xanatos gets away with 'murder'
    no doubt Xanatos will take all the credit for a rescue, if one comes soon.

=D=

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    No don't kill Zac but teach Xanatos a lesson. That brat[face_devil]

22. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Yikes! One month since my last update. :oops: Here you go! Hope you like!

Gkilkenny: No, there will not be any padawan deaths. Still, Xani will get away with is disloyalty. [face_worried]

earlybird-obi-wan: Xani needs to be taught a lesson, doesn't he. Sadly, Qui-Gon does not agree with us. [face_worried]

Thank you all for reading! [:D] Next chapter, Xani betrays Qui-Gon! [face_whistling]

Remember, I love reviews. [face_love] I also like feedback and constructive criticism, so feel free to PM me. [face_laugh]

Chapter 12: Where Loyalties Lie

Skylar and Qui-Gon remained in the briefing room as the Prince excused himself. She felt a disturbance in the Force and then heard Zac desperate scream over the bond.

Zac?! She called back, only to be met with silence. The connection became silent. She jumped to her feet.

Qui-Gon got up quickly, ?What is it, Skylar?? He asked, concerned.

?Zac is in trouble,? she said in an anxious voice. ?We have to find him! Our bond has been cut off.?

Qui-Gon did not like the sound of that and as a Master he knew how she felt. It is a terrible thing to have a master/padawan bond blocked. He reached out with his own bond and found Xanatos safe and unconcerned. He called to Xanatos, Padawan, come to us immediately.

Skylar was pacing back and forth in worry when Xanatos joined them. He was not alone. Prince Delapar was with him.

?Is something wrong?? The prince asked.

?Yes,? Skylar stopped pacing and faced the man. ?My padawan is missing.?

Delapar was very good at feigning concern, ?Oh my! This is not good; I will have my security team do an immediate sweep of the compound.? He stopped for a moment and turned to the two Masters, ?I wonder if he wandered off the grounds. The resistance army is rather brutal.?

Skylar studied the prince. She did not trust him, and she could tell he was hiding something. Not wanting to make him suspicious, she schooled her features and gave a slight bow, ?I thank you for your concern, Prince Delapar. Any help you offer is greatly appreciated.? She pulled out her comlink, ?If you would please excuse me.?

Skylar stepped outside the room and when she knew she was alone, she contacted Thoran. She was thrilled to hear that he and Kaleb were over the flu and were on their way. She suddenly did not feel so alone anymore. It was good to hear his voice.

?We will be there before sunset tomorrow, Sky,? Thoran?s voice assured her. ?We?ll find him, I promise.?

?Master Skylar, did Zac send you anything on your datapad?? The question was from Kaleb.

?I?I don?t know,? Skylar stammered. ?I haven?t checked. Why do you ask??

?I always told him if you are separated from your Master and learn something about the mission, to transmit it to the Master right away,? was the reply. There was worry in Kaleb?s voice.

?I will check right away,? Skylar said she heard footsteps coming, ?I will see you tomorrow.? She ended the transmission and went back into the briefing room.

?Thoran and Kaleb are on their way,? Skylar told them.

?And they are?? the prince questioned.

?My husband and his apprentice,? Skylar told him with a serene smile. ?If anyone can help me find Zac, it?s them. They will arrive tomorrow.?

Delapar?s eyes darkened for a moment and he said, ?I will contact my security to start searching for the boy.?

Once he was gone, Skylar pulled out her datapad and turned it on. She gasped aloud and read over Zac?s note and the file he had shared. Skylar turned to Xanatos, her eyes blazing, ?Did you know about this??

Xanatos took the datapad and read over it, ?Since last night, he didn?t tell you??

Skylar?s heart dropped. Could this be what was bothering her young student? Did he feel he could not tell her? ?No,? her response was a whisper.

?Padawan Rinda withheld information?? Qui-Gon asked, he voice revealing have irritated he was.

Skylar?s retort was sharp, ?I can?t really blame him since he was reprimanded all through dinner and after.?

Qui-Gon replied, ?I was teaching him by

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    :mad::mad::mad:getting very :mad: at that Sith apprentice Xanatos and his master Qui-Gon.

But good to see that Zac is alive and well in the Jeditemple with his real friends.

Excellent update=D==D=

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    I wonder if Qui-Gon will come to Skylar. I doubt it, because he has made Xanatos the centre of his world and closed off to everyone else. He will land hard.
    Great post.=D=

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Xanatos is a scheming little bleep!

And I love Kaleb and Sky's outspokenness on the matter. And there is no end to Kal's resourcefulness and bravery. :D

So Qui-Gon let go of the love of his life [Tahl] all for that karking twerp?

Sorry, TJP, I'm into the story again LOL

[:D]