main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Forged By Light: Vindiction

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I thought either scence would be first.

Let me ask this then:

What do we need to have The Jedi Council Members Scene ready?
    How many people will be in the scene?
    How many costumes do we need?
    What equipment?
    How many Crew?

What do we need to have the Slaughter Scene ready?
    How many people do we need?
    What Equipment?
    How many crew?

I have a bunch of people I can ask to be in the Jedi slaughter scene.
    Pete (Swerve from the Radio show) wants to be in it and he'll play a dying Jedi as long as he gets credited as Cornelius Calsissian (Lando's great great great great great great great uncle)
    also either him or K.B can play thug two as well.
    I have another Guy for the Jedi slaughter scene I think I can get as well.

I'm just trying to keep momentum going I think we should begin as soon as we're ready. I think all the shots without Runn and Darth Spicey should go first.

I can play another Sith in the slaughter scene and wear a wig and slightly different costume...as well as be a jedi.

be cool if we had some sith to die as well.

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Oct. 25th and Nov 1st are the only Sat evenings I can do so far. Can we have this ready to go in two weeks?

I can play a Jedi and another Sith in the slaughter scenes of course. (Edit: just realized that this would have to be in two different shots cuz it's a bit difficult to fight yourself...unless you count Fight Club.) We can all just trade cloaks and do our hair differently, noone will know the difference! :D

"Darth Spicey"??? uhmmm...okay ;)

3. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    You know, I've been toying with this idea that could speed up the production. It's something that I saw on LordoftheRings.net.

Basically, to plan ahead of time for shots, Peter Jackson and one or two assistants went out to the locations where they were going to shoot and walked through the script with a camcorder. If you look on the site, there's a funny clip of the scene in FOTR where Gandalf sends Frodo off...Peter Jackson plays Frodo, and a puppet plays Gandalf. It was a quick and cheap way for them to set up a reference for shots ahead of time, so that they didn't need to waste time during production trying different angles.

Sooo...with some people so eager to go out and shoot SOMETHING, it might be nice to go out and block some scenes. No costumes or props are needed...in fact, you don't even need anyone to play their exact roles. You just need to bring a camcorder and a couple copies of the script.

4. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I was thinking, for the slaughter scene, could we have Runn and Vladric involved in the battle as Master and Padawan, and we see them retreat with a handful of other Jedi? Gives a good bit of history.

Also. Since Runn is so aggresive against Tarragon, after the fight could we have Fitsu and Godric talking, and have one of them say something along the lines of "He danced with the Dark Side... and came away even stronger with the Light." But less cheesy.

5. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Having Runn and Vlad in the slaughter scene would work but that means you have to be there now Joe.

I thought one (among many) reasons we decided to do those two scenes first was that Joe wouldn't be avail for a few weeks.

also on LOTR the movie had peter directing mutli locations at the same time via video confrencing.

Are we still shooting more that one Jedi/Sith slaughter scene? I thought we'd have a few and montage them together.

like one big one and two or three small ones.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes I thought it would be nice to show several different scenes of Jedi Slaughters. And scratch the place I had in mind for the beheading. :mad: They must be letting water out at Englebright Dam because there is more water in it than just a few days ago. (dammit).

But, all is not gone, I am going to to the Buttes tomorrow and look around for a nice place to shoot the beheading scene. As for my shoot, all I will need is a couple of people to run the dolly and squuirt blade and I can get the rest. And the players of this scene all live here in my area so, I can get it done.

Start looking around for areas to film a kill scene in your area. I would love to mix it up a bit. Some outside in the country shots, some shots next to futuristic architecture. Etc ect.

I figure four or five scenes. And yes, a few Sith must die. The Jedi are not total whimps. I thought a nice scene where one Jedi vs two Sith's. Jedi manages to kill one Sith before the other gets him.

I am not sure I agree with the Eridor/Yavin scene during the killing mantage. I want to convey to the audience that all this Jedi bloodshed that is going on is taking place 'as they speak.' As in present time.

I thought we had agreed that filming would start at the end of October. It takes a little bit of time to design and build Sith Swords people. I can only do so much at a time. So, please be patient. I am going as fast as I can. Besides, I don't think anyone of us are going to loose enthusiasm. At least not in the next few weeks.

EDIT: I saw the cathedral dome across from the Hyatt you were talking about Mike. I also saw the rounded building across the street as well. I think that would be a beautiful shot at night. I may be able to drive down to the parking lot this week some time and look around. Can you join me Mike? Or anyone else?

7. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I can be there. No problem. and let me know if you need some help with anything else, I'm not a good woodwork guy but I can help.

I do know of a great creek/orchard spot in vacaville (assuming it's still there with all the devolpment they've been doing)

It's great there's a huge tree and a deep set creek bed.

Behind my in-laws theres a huge field we could use but I have to say it's full of weeds and rattle snakes. (I've had some interesting encounters, remind me to tell ya about)

In davis There might be a few places we can use but nothing springs to mind. I can look.

The reason I thought we could do the council members shots first is to get something done while you finish you swords. plus we could give it to Pat and let him start with it.

but like I said I'm free after 4:30 but I'd have to be home at a decent hour to get up for work the next morning.

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    no prob bro

yeah I just thought different land scapes would be good so the audience doesn't think we filmed all the killings in one spot.

As for 4:30. No prob, we could meet downtown and just go over it and look and see what we need. I will bring my camera and take some shots. Also, we need to find out the security level they have. ;) Such as cameras, and how well they patrol the top level. And if I can get the sand crawler in there with PVC pipe hanging out the back without attracting too much attention. ;) Also, we need to know if anything is going on at the Convention Center just in case. Because if they have a concert going or something else, the top level may be packed.

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    sounds good.

hows tomorrow, It will take me a bit to get there with traffic over the causeway at that time but I can get there by 5:30 at the latest.

I think we may need to do the whole shot with the steady cam, might be tough to set all that up with causing too much attention. I know from memory that there's an elevator about 30 yards to the left of the pic I showed you and it has a camera...but I don;t think it would show our angle. however I'm sure there's more of them.
    but I doubt we'd get hassled quickly, and we might be able to explain that were doing a student film and we'll be gone soon and they might let us slide a bit....keep in mind these are rent a cops in a parking garage and not storm troopers...I've seen these people they look miserable.

but it's a good idea if we can find out about any events as well. the top as been nearly empty every time i've been there but we need to cover the bases.

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sounds good

Lets meet downtown about 6PM?

Then we can do our reconning ;)

11. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Ok, before you can start scheduling shots you need to have a locked shooting script and a scene/shot breakdown. From the sounds of it, there seems to be some confusion over the details of the opening jedi slaughter sequence. These details all need to be flushed out before scheduling can begin. You also need a finalize the cast and crew before you start scheduling shots.

If you want a sample of what a shooting script looks like then please email me and I'll send you part of a script that I wrote. I can also provide scene breakdown sheets for those who are interested.

Just keep in mind that 75% of film making is organization, and from what I have seen and heard we are not quite ready to even start putting together a shooting schedule.

12. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    ...and so he spoke, and the wisdom of his words echoed through the land.

13. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    well played pacman...well played.

LDV and I are checking out the rooftop location tomorrow night if anyone else wants to join us.

we should all meet tomorrow as well if possible in downtown sac (before or after) to get everyone on the same page.

we need a list of cast members for each scene. we have a few holes in our cast still I think, but we can cover it.

LDV and I will go over the scenes tomorrow night and make a final draft out of it, so if you want to have some imput be there or be [].
    (sound good to you Dev?)

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Thanks pacman

I have already started breakdown pages for all the scenes. If you could send me an example of one of yours, I would appreciate it. I am using 5-6 colors on it.

Tomorrow, we recon the roof. And if everyone wants to show up, the more the merrier. And yes, finalization of the script needs to be done. Personally, I am happy with the script. As for the fight scenes, we can improvise on set.

15. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
  16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    qui-gundi_15 well said.

Heh heh

speaking which qui-gundi_15 can you get more cloaks made if we provide material?

17. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i could try if any one has a machine i can use.

18. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    is anybody meeting LDV and I today in Sac?

We are meeting at the Malmart on Truxel before we head into Downtown sac to check to rooftop location/s.

once we're done we'll begin the spiting contest off the roof.
    sadly I looked up the odds with my bookie in Vegas and I'm only getting 6/1 odds.

simple meeting, scout, recon security, check for any upcoming events there...etc.

19. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Maybe if you tell the security guards they can have a walk-on role and get credited they'll be even cooler with you. ;)

Have fun scouting. I think Pat said it all right there. And has anyone heard from our "go-to" guy, Kevin? We need to check with him to make sure he's still in.

20. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Yes, I spoke with Kevin and he's down with the Republic Officer and Sith Knight roles. I gave him the address to the forums; I'm not sure why he hasn't popped in yet.

21. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    LDV and I are meeting at the KB toys in the same shopping center (just FYI in case anyone else wants to go...or in case anyone wants to kidnap us and hold us for ransom...you can laugh but last time I got a buck fifty as an asking price...which nobody paid so eventually they got tired of feeding me and changing my depends and let me go...but lets move on shall we?)

22. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    well I just got back form the location scouting and well I have to say WE FOUND OUR SPOT!! complete with not one, not two, not three..but five back up spots so when the night comes to film it;s getting done one way or another.

Oh and LDV and I added a new fight scene for Joe...LDV will be along with pics of the spot and a run down of the fight scene for you a bit later Joe.
    :D

and here's a link for LDV to look at about the crest
    http://www.thecrest.com/rental_info/index.cfm

(cut and paste I'm too tired for markups)

23. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
  24. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    New fight scene, eh? May I inquire as to what the specifics are? I think my asses I've kicked quota is nearing the top for one movie.

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok crew, here are some shots on location at the Jedi Temple.

Sacul and I were amazed at how many different spots we could choose in case one didn't work.

Ok first, these pics looked dark on my monitor, but I have been told, my monitor is screwed up so I didn't lighten them, so, if they seem too dark, just save them and lighten them yourselves.

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/Image1.jpg] This pic is from the Regency where we all took our pics from on Halloween.
    [image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/Image2.jpg] same garage looking west at the cathedral
    [image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/Image3.jpg] Umm Joe? We decided we were going to rework your character some. So, you see these poles up there? We are going to string you up there and make you do some Jedi flying. ;)
    [image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/Image5.jpg]Regency roof, looking west

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/Image8.jpg] Back on the Imax roof looking north/west
    [image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/Image9.jpg] Imax roof, looking north/east

We got some very good ideas here, and this will work out great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.