main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FOX 5's Star Wars 'Coverage' after ESB

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by MoronDude, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, who watched Empire tonight on FOX? It was good, though on average there was 8 minutes of film followed by 5 minutes of commercials! That sucked! Also, I was anticipating more Star Wars commercials, but there was only the "Obi-Wan" commercial, and the Doritos commercial twice. But that's just the half of it.

Throughout the movie, John Overall keeps saying "Stay tuned for an Episode 2 sneak peek at 11:00!" So I hear this, and I think "Cool new footage... maybe even a 10 second scene clip" So, after ESB, the FOX 5 news comes on, and the first thing they say is "Attack of the Clones Sneak Peek", then the actual news comes on, and they go through all the breaking news, "Guy found hacked up in suitcase" "Clerk justified for killing robber" "Manhunt for TJ Weber still on" "Yucca Mountain gaining support" "Mayor Goodman on Medical Malpractice" "Charles Manson still in prison" --Commercials--"Bikers in Laughlin (which they took more time talking about than Star Wars... and they're gonna talk about it tommorow too!) and finally "Star Wars Merchandice" "Star Wars Sneak Peek"!!! (Anyone who watched this broadcast will vouch that those were the actual stories on that night.)

So, what was the Sneak Peek of Attack of the Clones??? THE CLONE WAR TRAILER!!!! And not even the whole thing! Just about the last 75% of it!!!! Sneak Peek?!? You showed that a month ago! I have it on my computer!!!

Okay, calm down... there...

Anyway, also I wanted to say, those who watched that spot they did on Star Wars toys, did you see those grown Las Vegas men and women talking about the toys?!? We need to find them and have them join our Fan Force!!! Especially that guy who said he traded some other guy a Royal Guard for a Count Dooku!!!

Anyway, anyone have any comments?

2. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, they did have some new footage on before the movie in thier little Star Wars connections thingy with R2 and 3p0.

Has everyone seen the 9 new tv commericials? You can download them off of theforce.net. The Jango and Clonetropper spots are especially cool.

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    OH!!! I was at school for the first part!! I started watching during the Imperial invasion of Hoth!

Now I know why there wasn't any new stuff! Damn! Anyone know where I can DL the new stuff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.