main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ~~Free Comic Book Day~~ Saturday, May 3

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    what time are you getting tickets? the reason I ask is that way I know 100% we can do that. I don't see it being an issue as I'll know for sure tomorrow morning say 11-ish.

2. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Well shall we go for 7 then???? Oh Mighty Supreme Chancellor??????

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Sounds good. I'm guessing we'll need to get tickets on line if we want to do it.

(I just got home from taking a friend to the emergency room. Her horse bucked her off then stepped on her leg. After all that, only one broken bone in her leg. She's quite lucky!)

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I would suggest going to the Terra Vista 6 instead. It's closer, cheaper and alot quiter than the cinemas down at the Mills. It wont even be full. $6 adult, $4 child. It's on at 7:15 on Saturday, tickets on sale here

I'm seeing Iron Man there on Thursday Night at 8pm. [face_dancing]

5. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I've never been there? Are the screens small?

What is the verdict??? This theater or the mills one?

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    If we have a better chance of getting in as a group without a hassle, I'm all for the smaller venue!

7. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    So whats the verdict?

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I say let's go for the smaller one so we can all get in. I'm guessing the Saturday evening showing at the Mills will get sold out and tend to agree with Stuart. It makes sense.

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    The screens aren't as big as the mills but for $6 it's worth it, the seats are old but i've always enjoyed seeing movies there.

10. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Ok then. For everyone wanting to go, get your tickets ASAP for the smaller theater!!!

Because I am not completely familiar with the area...I looked up directions. It is very very close.

Total Distance: 2.2 miles
    Total Time: Approximately 4 minutes

Start: Depart Archibald Ave 0.2 mi
    1 Turn left onto Base Line Rd 1.0 mi
    2 Turn right onto Haven Ave 0.8 mi
    3 Turn left onto Town Center Dr 0.3 mi

End: Arrive at 10701 town center dr., rancho cucmonga, ca

11. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I TOOK THE SW DISNEY FAN DAY SMALL FYLER AND MADE A BIG ONE (FULL PAGE), THAT WE CAN PUT INTO AN ACRYLIC SEE THROUGH FRAME AT THE BOOTH FOR ALL TO SEE...IN CASE WE RUN OUT OF FYLERS TO PASS OUT!

I ALREADY BOUGHT THE FRAME (WE CAN USE IT FOR FUTURE EVENTS TOO). WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? BY THE WAY, THE COLOR ON THE PRINT IS MUCH CLEARER AND DARKER THAN THE PICTURE HERE SHOWS!

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/StarWarsDisneylandFanDays4001.jpg]

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
  13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    OOOoooooohhhh, shiney!!!! I like it!

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Any last minute questions? I'm gonna pop in to see Chris tomorrow.

15. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Mike, that looks great. Great idea for the booth. Just washed my car. Now, Bill has to work on the other stuff on the car. I went to pick up Chrissy the other day and my hood scoop blew off. So on Friday, Bill will work on her before we go to the Angels game. This is the first time in 25 years that Bill gets to go to the Angels game for dairy day.

16. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Gotta question for anyone who can answer...Dane (nephew) is really excited about saturday and wants to know if he can help out any in way at the booth?[face_praying]

Also, i've got an extra hoodie and two shirts available (1 black 1 white. all are XL. I was thinking if anyone needed any of these, i'll bring them saturday and you can pay me then. I was also thinking, if there was anything left over we could raffle a shirt / hoodie. Heck...i'm amazed I was just thinking.[face_laugh]

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I have no doubt that we'll be able to put Dane to work. I can't say for certain, but he might even be able to wrangle for a trooper (if needed). We'll figure something for him.

I was thinking about having a small raffle for any new people that come to the meeting on the 10th. I'm hoping to get a few new members out of this comic book event. Would you consider donating one of the shirts for that cause? I've got a couple of things I can pitch in, too.

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    That's a good idea, raffle it and the winner is announced at the meeting.

Of course Dane can come along, the more people we have to help the costume folks the better

19. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Projected high of 80 degrees and partly cloudy! Not too bad!

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've got a box of 500 IEFF buttons sitting on my desk!!!! [face_dancing]

21. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I'm gonna melt!!!! lol Does this mean we're all going to be squished under the easy up?? ;)

22. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Oh come on, 80's not bad at all, especially considering we were pushing 100 last weekend. You'll be fine. :)

23. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    The Terra Vista 6 is showing Iron Man tomorrow. Here are the times:

10:15 am, 1:15 pm,4:15 pm, 7:15 pm, 10:15 pm

Unfortunately, the theater's website won't sell advance tickets to Iron Man for the Terra Vista theater. But the link Stuart gave will sell tickets. What time were we thinking of going? If I can go, I might be able use my student ID (I don't know if they'd let me use my ID for more than one ticket or not) & make tickets $5 instead of $6 for a non-Matinee showing(showings after 5pm), I'd just have to buy tickets at the theater.

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Dont wait to buy tickets at the theatre. They DO sell them online. They are only $6 and there is no booking fee.

The website for tickets is here click on the time and a new window will pop up. PRINT THE CONFIRMATION PAGE, it has you info to pick up your tickets.

25. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    We're shooting for 7PM, Saturday May 3rd. :D

Be there or be a Trekkie!!! BAHAHA! [face_laugh]

(I do like Star Trek, just not as much as Star Wars.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.