main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Free mini LEGO Tie-Fighter!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Carter-TFN, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yoda, get another e-mail

2. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Does anyone know long long it is going to take this bad boy to get to mailboxes around the country?

3. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    I would guess 4-6 weeks, which is the usual for promo stuff, although since this was online, it might be less...

4. jedijason8080

jedijason8080 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2002
    i just went there today they sd they are not offering it anymore !@##$@%^$#

5. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Yeah, the 5000 went pretty quickily, probably from SOME people who got multiples by "beating the system". :mad:

6. Padawan716

Feb 7, 2001
    well, they gave you a free one for every unique email you give them, so I don't think it's cheating the system if you read the rules of the giveaway ;)

7. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I highly doubt that it will be a few weeks before the TIEs reach our mailboxes. I doubt that Lego is in a hurry to get a free product out. You know they'll send them out when they feel like it.

8. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    Sith Spit I missed it.

Star Wars Insider Is also giveing the away to new subscribers.

-Dooku

9. vlps

vlps Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2002
    from my site:

Dave: "Ik heb via een Lego StarWars fansite vernomen dat er een mini T0EI gratis te krijgen is via www.starwars.com.
    Helaas kwam ik er achter dat het alleen voor de US geld. Dus kan ik deze set nooit krijgen , want hij zal niet in de winkel worden verkocht.
    Dit vind ik heel jammer, en mijn vraag is, wordt de mini TIE ooit nog in Europa (Nederland verkrijgbaar?
    Bij voorbaat dank."

"I found out via a Lego StarWars site that you can get a free Lego StarWars mini TIE at, www.starwars.com. to bad I found out that the offer was only available to US residents, so my question is, will this set ever be available at retail in Europe (Holland) ?"

LEGO: "Als u de TIE bomber bedoeld, dan kan u de 4 figuurtjes (4484, 4485, 4486, 4487) die nodig zijn om deze te bouwen, normaal gezien bestellen bij ons vanaf januari 2003
    Indien u de TIE Fighter bedoeld, die zou in principe te koop moeten zijn vanaf januari 2003"

"If you mean the TIE bomber, you can order the 4 sets who are needed to build this vehicle(4484, 4485, 4486, 4487), order from us starting januari 2003
    If you mean the TIE fighter, it too should be available starting januari 2003."

Thanks to dave for sharing!

http://www.startours.tk

10. Padawan716

Feb 7, 2001
    Apparently they gave away more last night, but they went fast. maybe they checked how many will be sent and saw they had a few remaining.

11. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Yeah, it's real nice if some people get 5 for themselves so some people don't end up getting any.

That note is probably referring to the Darth Vader's tie that comes in a MINI set.

12. vlps

vlps Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2002
    no, becouse Vaders TIE is part of the normal set, and it said about the EXCLUSIVE MINI TIE

13. JcubFett

JcubFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    YES! YES! I did it! I made the LEGO Mini TIE with the bricks I have! It just needs one thing it's that clear-through window.

14. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    Thats all I need too.

15. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Anyone get their's yet?

16. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    No. And probably not for a long time. Free stuff takes time to get.

17. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    I just got an email that someone received theirs. I'm trying to get pics.

18. JcubFett

JcubFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
  19. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Got mine today. The box appeared to have been used as a postal frisbee for a dozen drunken soccer hooligans, but everything inside was ok. Came with a fun little fold-out poster showing the mini At-St's fighting some snow speeders on Hoth...a couple of At-At's in the background as well.

20. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I got my mini-TIE today! I'll put it together tonight once work slows down, and the bigwigs go home. ;)

21. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I still don't have mine, but Rebelscum is getting reports of folks getting them...

LEGO Mini-Tie Arrives

"The recent LEGO Mini-Tie Fighter Starwars.com and LEGO gave away started showing up in mailboxes today. In addition to the set, there is also a mini-poster depicting a Hoth scene, showing Snowspeeder and AT-STs and a sneak preview of a mini AT-AT."

And here is a pic of the package:

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/lego_tie.jpg]

22. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Woohoo! :D

Got mine today! And thanks again to Carter for the info. I barely got my order in before it sold out.

23. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I got mine today to. It took me less than 1 min. to put all 12 pcs together.

24. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Yeah but it was free! Can't complain about that. :)

This was brilliant marketing by Lego. Now i'm gonna buy all of the mini sets.

25. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Well, I finally got mine today! :D

The box looked like it had been through hell and back, but when I opened it up everything was there and in perfect shape. I'm not a big fan of the Lego sets, but this really is a neat little thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.