main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Galactic Playground Lightsaber battle

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by the_black_smudge, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    yes i have we have 2 already like i said it would be unbalanced

and you have a PM

2. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    I already posted in Aaron's thread to the saber fighters, but I feel I need to post here too. I'm worried that we are just doing dueling like we do on Wednesday nights, with no set routine or choreo. On Wednesday nights the area has good lighting, but for this event I know it's going to be dark and people are going to be swinging at everybody. I can handle it being dark, like at Trick-or-Treat in the Street at Orange, because I had a choreo routine and an idea of where to move and when, but if there is no set timing, then I am worried about being a part of this. Also my dad is not able, he didn't think to give me a ride to this, and if Rob is not going, then I have no ride there. Hope I can help with another saber event soon, but I don't know if this one will work out.

3. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    We are working on a semi choreographed routine of the type that we did at Relay in '04

4. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Don't worry Jen. We won't be fighting for real anyway. We will mostly be trying to hit each others sabers, instead of each other. We will slow down a lot of our moves and pull our punches a lot more than we do at class. If you need a partner to work with, I can do that. I might be able to give you a ride as well. No matter what, we will make sure that someone does.

5. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    It shouldn't be that dark that you can't see people, I'll find out what/how much lighting the arena has.

6. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    slight problem for me atm but ive got a wedding to go to during the day but i should be free for the fight do we have a time yet?

7. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
  8. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    LOL thanks smudge =P

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    There's street lighting, if we would like more lighting in the arena let me know and i'll see if they can do anything.

10. JediJenee

Oct 5, 2005
    I don't want you to get too much lighting, because this will ruin the saber look for the performance. If I can be there I will and I'm glad to hear there is some sort of routine, but I'm still a little worried, because at Relay in 2004, my sight was better, but I'll check and be cautious and Don, it's nice of you to offer a ride, but I believe I already have one, I have not heard yet that I don't.

11. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    I plan on going to the two days but saber fighting with out champion chero seems...unprepared.
    I need to talk to Don or Smudge in person to clear some things up.
    We'll see.
    Rob

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Cool. I'll only ask for lighting if the OCSA request it, let me know.

I'll see if GP have allocated a time for the fight.

13. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    "chero"? That's closer to Cheerios that Choreography. :p

14. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    HA! LORI SAID THAT INSTEAD OF THAN!!!!

15. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    D'oh! :oops:

And damn, it's too late to edit it.
    :mad: :rolleyes:

16. JediJenee

Oct 5, 2005
    Thanks Rob, if you're going then I know the event will be safe for me and I will have transportation.

17. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Uh no, since I'm taking my speederbike and that only seats one...hehehehe.
    We'll see.

18. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    What does Rob going have to do with it being safe for Jen? [face_thinking]

19. JediJenee

Oct 5, 2005
    It's very simple Lori, I have trouble seeing a place, I don't know, when it's dark and Rob has enough patience to help me, so I don't fall down.

Rob, if you are taking your speederbike, then watch out for trees and ewoks. I would tell you to watch out for Imperial troops, but you are one of them. :)

20. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    What are the rest of us? chopped Ewok?

21. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Hey! Don't talk that way about my friend Ewok! [face_shame_on_you]

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I just got this from Tom at GP.

Re: Galactic Playground

To: Koroneburg Tenant-Investors, Guilds, Crafters, Inland Empire Fan Force, Road Squadron, 501st and other interested parties

Do to general apathy on the part of the public, merchants, reenactors and others in and around the Galactic Playground the event has been postponed indefinitely.

I still think it is a good idea but I do not know how to reach or motivate the people that are necessary to make the event work. I will continue to look at possibilities and explore information to see if the event can be done in the future. To those few people who did commit, I appreciate your efforts and apologize for taking your time and effort for an event that did not happen.

There were several bright spots that included the light saber reenactment group, Inland Empire Fan Force, Road Squadron, exotic car group, 501st and others that were prepared to do this event and we will keep their information and keep in touch with them in hopes that we can do something in the future. A special thanks to Martina Livingston and Cris Joliff for their untiring support and to Stacy Reimer for being the only merchant to sent in an application.

We will make the Park available free of charge on Sunday, October 8, from 10am until dusk for anyone who would like to come out and play sci-fi for the day. Crossroads will supply refreshments. Hope to see you then.

Sincerely,

Tom Wilson

:_| Thanks for all of you who had volunteered for this event. Hopefully it'll get back on track for another time, it sounded like it would have been alot of fun.

23. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    awwww man! i was looking forward to this! /lesigh

24. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ohh Man. I knew after a bit that I wasn't going to be able to make this one. But was hoping it would still go. Unfortuately, the same thing happened up in Central CA a few years ago. It was brought up that a Sci-Fi themed Ren-Faire type of thing would be a blast. Lots of people from out of the area were intested..but the locals pretty much shot it down as ..."stupid" :mad:

Sorry to see it not go through here. IF IT CHANGES and comes back, please let me know.

Master K

25. JediJenee

Oct 5, 2005
    I'm sorry if I made anyone feel like chopped Ewok, I know you would help me, but after having to help lead me around for any length of time, I know you would be feeling I was a burden on whatever fun you were trying to have, but Rob doesn't mind helping me and understands my situation. I have seen this with my mom, she is blind and can't see in light or dark, she is not a burden to me, but you should see how other people treat her sometimes when we need assistance or help.

I'm sorry to hear the event is cancelled, because I know the lightsabers would have looked great. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.