main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games of all Kinds

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Galaxies will be released June 26.

$49 with one free month.

Various rates after the one month ($14.99 and below) depending on how long you sign up for.

I've never paid for a subscription to a game - this may be my first!

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We've already gotten two copies pre-sell and all I have to do is upgrade my other PC to run the game. What's crappy is that it's a compac which means I'll have to rip it apart completely..woo hoo! Yeay HP. (Read: Sarcasm)

M

3. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    If you see a character on Galaxies with a name sort of resembling a character from Watership Down, that might be me. If you haven't read Watership Down, get to it.

Dwayne

4. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I picked it up yesterday. It took me about 1.5 hours just to register, then I was forced to buy another month of the subscription in addition to the one that came "free" with the game. I explored for about 20 minutes (which was pretty cool) but then was kicked off when the server went down. I have not been able to get back on since. As of this morning there was an apology on the sign-in page because all the servers have been down since about 10:30 last night. They found a bug.

As a developer I can sympathise as long as my subscription is credited with the time I was unable to connect to the game. I'm still a bit pissed about having to pay for an extra month though. So far I haven't seen enough to really make a judgement about the game itself.

Has anyone had any luck do far?

5. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Okay, all, what servers are you playing on and what are your characters names and jobs? Also, could someone send me the address for the ikonboard? I lost it somewhere.

Thanks,

Jeff

6. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Got the GameBoy Player last Friday.

Dang... It is as much of an improvement as the GBA:SP was over the GBA. Things are surprisingly clear and nicely lit. Detail is still great.

As for the darkness levels Castlevania:COTM, this makes it even better for play than the GBA:SP.

7. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    ..lost the ikonboard address?

Ahhh, new PC, lemme guess, the specs are just right for playing Galaxies.

M

8. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    ...maybe ;)

Jeff

9. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Alright. A few things. The gameboy player, very cool. Now I'll actually finish Zelda Seasons and the Golden Suns, just can't marathon game on a gameboy the way you can on a console.

Galaxies, some people hate this game. Me? Not one of them. The game is great, the bazaar is cool except that the freaks who play 24/7 and are already building/selling crap and I still don't even know what the hell it is. Entertainers are very cool but late at night it gets...spooky. I did one night with my rodian entertainer and some of those Twi'leks (I hate to call them girls because while it's possible they're girls I've been on the internet long enough to be quite the little skeptic and so should all of you! Your hot little blue headtail chicky is probably a fat sweaty guy named Earl in a filthy b*&ch beater shirt living in his mom's basement or worse yet Bobbie who's in the 8th grade) get a little...risque. Anyway, it was fun to sync a group of dancers and musicians and get them actually to perform pretty danged well. However, it's another test character and I'm jonesin' for a Bounty Hunter. I'm all about the killin' stuff..well except the cute things like gorgs and worrts. But I did see a Taun Taun on Tatooine which was sort of weird but ..anyway, I'll yammer on some more when we're all out. I love this game. I willingly submit a huge portion of my time to play.

M

10. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    I too am having a good time - though right now I am stranded on Naboo with no money and nothing easy to kill. I am a scout/artisan and would like to survey/make some more stuff but it's a big catch 22 because of the lack of money.

11. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    ...must...not...succumb...must...resist...

I'm going to hold out purchasing Galaxies for as long as I can. I really don't need a timesink of that magnitude in my life, not matter how cool it is. I know myself well enough to know that I'm sort of person who would get utterly sucked into the game. I'll likely pick up the gameboy player though, that should be relatively safe.

12. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    We found Jabba's Palace. I have the coords..it's a haul and you can only get into the antechamber. You can't get IN unless you run 21 Missions for Jabba which include killing things that well frankly I've never seen. We did kill a Tusken and D has it's helmet. It's cool.

M

13. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "I'm going to hold out purchasing Galaxies for as long as I can."

Hold on to that feeling, dear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.