main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Gaming in 3D

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Nov 27, 2012.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Here's a curious and fantastic fact that might not come as a surprise: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has a 3D mode.

Here's another fact that might surprise you: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has a 3D mode that's red/cyan anaglyph.

I came across this as I was playing with the menus and checking out all the options and such. It's under the graphics settings and it turns itself off every time I start the game, but it's awesome to play the game in 3D without needing a fancy TV and glasses. I just bought a pair of clip on lenses and they work fine.

Another game that has anaglyph 3D is Limbo. I've not tried it yet but I hear Limbo is a great game and I should play it somewhen.

But it go me thinking. How many other games have anaglyph 3D? How many other games can I use my awesome new anaglyph glasses with? And what are your thoughts on this?

2. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Assassins Creed Revelations, Mortal Kombat, Batman Arkham are a few that have 3D without need of a 3DTV

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Do all version of those games have 3D capabilities? I have both Batman Arkham games on PC and I have seen nothing about 3D in either of them.

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Well, the xbox versions do

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I think the PC versions might need graphics cards or drivers that can do 3D. It might be worth making sure you have the latest drivers.

I am loving my 3DS. I just need to get some 3DS games for it, other than demos.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I have an update that allows for installing 3D stuff, but I was not aware any screen can just display 3D graphics without built-in stuff or the user wearing glasses.

If I want 3D on my TV, I have to buy a 3D TV first

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It depends on how it does 3D. Anaglyph 3D, like with those glasses with red and cyan lenses, doesn't need any kind of special monitor as it overlays the two images with different colours and the lenses filter out the images. That's how the 3D mode in Black Ops 2 works. It's not the best option as it makes some colours look funny, but it works with everything. I use a regular PC monitor for the 360 and a pair of clip on lenses.

At the moment, I think only the 3DS and 3DS XL can do 3D without glasses, but there might be a laptop or two that can do it too.

Oh, and if you have Limbo, that has red/cyan anaglyph 3D too. It doesn't add much but it's kinda funky as you see the depth between the 2D layers.