main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~ Gaurdians of the Force: The Tainted Blade ~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kai_Halicon, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    IC: Taiin shot Jarrod a weird look as he started mumbling all this crazy banter, but it seemed to work. It certainly wasn't the Force, or what she was aware of it being.

Eyeballing him, but feeling much better as the wound seemed to sort itself, she quiped a remark.

"You have to be one of the most obscure men I've met in this galaxy....and that's saying a lot given the fact I was the hand-puppet for a Sith Lord from when I was fourteen till not so many years ago..."

"Still, thank you anyway."

She kept walking then realised something. She hadn't a clue which ship they were getting on.

"Hey...Jarrod....where's the ship?"

OOC: Okay, not one of my more insightful posts but we all have our lapses....

2. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Terow stared down in bemusement. First, one member of the team had taken another hostage, then at least two others (He wasn't sure how many; he hadn't had a good angle on them.) had shown up to attempt a rescue, been foiled by the hostage as a human shield, Terow had wounded Camden, the hostage-taker, and Camden had fled, although wounded. Then, the others had merely turned and walked off as if nothing had happened, even though one of them had suffered a bad wound, and Camden had escaped with the hostage! What was with these people?

Well, he'd better find out what was going on. He hopped down from his vantage point and chased the other two. He realized with a start that he really only recognized Jarrod, and the other girl was unfamiliar to him. "Jarrod!" He called, after he'd gotten a little closer than most people could have gotten without being heard. "Who's this? What happened with Camden? What's going on?"

TAG: KnightHawk, Kai_Halicon

3. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Jarrod heard a scream, and wasn't surprised to hear Terow's voice. "Nice throws back there," he commented to the man with the ninja stars. "Sorry about the Ysalamiri joke I just played back there."

He saw a dirty glance come his way from Taiin, and figured he had better explain himself. "I played a prank recently on the Jedi Academy at Coruscant, dropping those fifty on the main battle arena. After the problem was over, they had the creatures shipped out to the Outer Rim. I knew who the shipper was, and had them sent to Cargul on my way back to Coruscant, after the 'incident'. I'm just shocked they got here so early."

He took a deep breath and continued. "To answer your questions... First, Camden has been overtaken by the Blade, and is dashing off to Korriban. Second, this lovely woman here is Taiin, the woman who stole the Blade from Camden some looooooooong time ago. Thirdly, we have to get to Korriban before it's too late."

TAG: RBG, Kai

EDIT: Added answers for Terow's questions.

4. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    IC: Taiin eyed the newcomer - he must of been the one who shot off the shuriken at Camden. Evidently, he had a good eye as he'd managed to hit the kid from a reasonable distance two out of three times.

She nodded a hello at Terow and gave Jarrod a slightly sideways look at his comment regarding the thievery of the Blade. In all the dramas, she'd actually forgotten she'd been on the other side not so long ago. Still, if anyone had any doubts to her loyalty, they'd better tell her to her face. Taiin had realised the dangers of the Blade and knew it had to be vanquished.

"We'd better keep moving. Wouldn't be surprised if Kai was getting ready to take off. I remember him being impatient, though something about him has changed. He seems more focused, less angry."

She sensed some curiousity from the two men and continued.

"You guys would probably be quite surprised as to what he used to be. First time we met, it was in combat against each other. He was still a padawan, but he was pretty handy with a saber. I was there when he fought Mephet'ran the firt time - that's how he got those scars around his eye - the Sith Lord jammed a lightsaber in the socket - took nearly a year to heal."

"Next time I saw him, he was living like a hermit in the wild, with a bunch of natives from his homeworld. Had dreadlocks to his halfway down his back, a beard that hadn't seen a razor in a year and crazy tattoos. Next thing I know, he's joining forces with Mephet'ran and the new heir to the Sith. He scared me then - even more than the Blade did. He's over it now, but there was a point where even Skywalker was afraid of him."

"I guess I'm glad he's with us, that's all. His Jedi Master was my dad, that's why he calls me his sister I guess. Funny how the galaxy works. Now, his mild and placid apprentice, a kid I knew as the most gentle and sweet in the Academy is the host for a creation straight from hell."

She shook her head, waist-length braids of black hair shaking around.

"We'd better get to the ship...."

OOC: To Korriban we go....

5. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    Terow blinked as he trailed along, methodically cleaning and putting away the shuriken he'd used. It seemed Kai had had a bit more history than Terow was aware of. Hermitting, defecting to the Sith, and something about Mephet'ran. Who was Mephet'ran? (OOC: I could be wrong, but I don't believe he's had any briefing on Mephie.) No matter, Taiin was right: they really needed to get off-planet and chase down the Blade as soon as possible. It hadn't seemed possible that Camden was practically unaffected by his shuriken: they should have killed him, even with the dodging he'd done, and that meant the Blade was involved. Well, Terow would have to wait and see, and hope he survived...

TAG: Kai, KnightHawk
    OOC: Kai, perhaps we need a transitional post to move the story on a bit?

6. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Okay, I apolgise for the lack of forward movment in this thread but the woes of real life like work, band practise and nagging housemates have caught up with me. I should have this back on track in a couple of days.

I will however, be drawing this game to a close after the penultimate battle on Korriban. Even though I had envisioned this lasting longer and being on a grandeur scale, the time contraints on many players including myself has proven to be difficult to work with and as such, I have negotiated this thread down in terms of duration and plot.

7. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: As soon as the group gets near Korriban, I have a final death scene to write for Jarrod. Expect a small plan to formulate in his mind by then, and that he'll never see it unfold.

OOC2: Can you say 'bump'?

8. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    IC: Kai was back onboard the Gallant Quest as quickly as his incapacitated state allowed him, but for the most part, he was still hiding the true depth of his injuries. The mission was too important to allow it to be affected by his own state of being.

A quick personnel scan indicated that everyon was onboard the ship as Kai settled into the pilot's chair, starting up the sytems with the aide of K4, who looked somewhat beaten up after his experience in the snowy wilderness. The Jedi Master was deeply concerned for everyone on the ship and how this was affecting them - most of them now resigned to the fact that they would probably have to kill Camden to defeat the Blade.

Kai himself couldn't quite face that fact but he kept his visage calm and controlled, mirroring the portrait of calm as brought the ship into the atmosphere, the destination set for Korriban.

His eyes were tired and his connection to the Force was so waning that he was completely unaware of Taiin's emergence into the room as she stood beside him, leaning over his chair. Somehow, he always felt slighty nervous around her. Perhaps it was because her mind was hard to read - although she was a weak telepath, her thought patterns were shrouded by a similar form of cloaking as her physical form could often be.

"How are you....really?" She asked, putting her hands on his shoulders. Kai supressed a wince and replied.

"I'll live."

"You're such a bad liar." She remaked as she turned his chair around and set the ship on auto-pilot. Taiin knelt down so that she was at eye-level with the Jedi.

"I'm sorry for starting this all, you know."

Kai nodded.

"I know. I warned you about letting your emotions getting the best of you years ago."

She sighed.

"I'll not confess to being the best listener. What are you going to do with me after all this is over? Turn me in? I feel it's the best answer."

Kai rubbed his eyes, yawning. He snapped back quickly, not wanting to appear tired.

"Honestly? If we survive this, I want you to come back to the Jedi Academy.."

"What?!"

Kai leaned back into the chair. It felt good to relax, if only for a little while.

"Taiin, you've done wrong. You know that, I know that. You've made your mistakes in the past, but you're not evil. You were just confused and misguided. Even you can see that. I'm not going to persecute or see you persecuted for that. You've got so much potential it would be a shame to waste it. The way I see it, is I can can become a Jedi Master after turning to the Dark Side, albeit undercover, there's hope for you as well."

Taiin said nothing, but Kai caught her gaze for a moement. She had always reminded him of a porcelain doll, like the antiques he's seen in ancient holos or the most elite dealerships of valued goods; the way her skin was perfectly smooth, how her hair shifted with every movement, the soft texture of her lips and the piercing blue eyes she'd inherited from her father. In his own way, he loved her dearly, partly due to her connection to his departed Jedi Master but mostly because he'd grown to care for her immensely as a person, not just as the daughter of his former Master whom he'd promised to take care of.

Taiin looked at him, her face somewhat surprised and shocked at his words, but she smiled as she hugged him and Kai felt a single tear from her roll down her cheek and drip on his collar. Despite being barely able to move at this point (and hiding it well) Kai embraced her as well and for the first time in years, he heard her voice in his head.

Thank you, Kai. Dad would of been proud of the Jedi you've become. I love you, you know.

Kai smiled to himself. She did not mean it to be in a romantic fashion as she had once upon a time, when they were teenagers but it felt nice nonetheless. It was then that Kai got the impression that there might be some hope left in him after all as the Gallant Quest made its way to Korriban and the inveitable showdown....

9. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: I hate raining on good moods, so I'll try and mix a weapons plan in with a tender moment of sorts. I hope this works...

IC:

Jarrod looked around the bridge of the ship, taking in everything one last time. He could feel the electro-static charge his heart was releasing, and how it was poisoning his body, slowly killing him with its power. He walked over to Serin, a warm smile on his face, and gave her a friendly hug.

After that, he turned and began to walk away, mysteriously limping. Before he could get to the door, he had activated the seperator on his robotic arm. The device fell to the floor in a clatter as he dropped to his knees. Within seconds, he died.

As his ghost left the ship to visit the underworld for the second (and hopefully final) time, it whispered a 'Thank You' to everyone on the ship for making his last moments of life so special. It also sent a separate 'Thanks' to Serin for having helped him get through the crisis he had experienced a few days ago.

A light started shining on the machine that had fallen from his shoudler socket, glowing a bright green. This light was next to a warning sticker with the word 'Electromagnet' clearly written on it in Basic, Corellian, and Nubian. An aiming reticule and a triggering system were also near the magnet's compartment and the on-board cargo system.

TAG: All

OOC: And if I had thought of using one earlier, it would have been easier for me. (Smacks self.)

10. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I HEREBY MAKE DENIN LAW AVAILABLE TO ALL USERS UNTIL I RETURN

I'm going on holiday for two weeks, so Denin is now under your control...as I said with Ilyx, don't hurt him (much).

~Rooty

11. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Due to unforseen circumstances relating to my internet access, I will no longer be posting regularly on TFN.

My work has cracked down on us checking into non-work related sites and unfortunately TFN is one of them. Due to the fact I don't have a PC at home currently, I will have to regulate my posting to once every week when I can borrow a spare computer or find time to hit a cybercafe.

However, with committments to my band and job at the current time, I cannot gaurantee any regularity until I get a computer of my own, which may or may not happen in the forseeable future.

I'm really sorry as I realise this will affect storylines. This situation may only be for a couple of weeks but I cannot be sure. I hope you'll all keep this thread going and I would appreciate a PM containing game updates should one be requested.

Essentially, I'm not leaving, I'll just become more part of the background for a while.

I don't forsee this game being that affected as interest has dropped and in all honesty, I was close to locking it down anyway. However, I may post a final ending entry at some stage, just to add closure.

Regards

Ben
    (aka Kai_Halicon)

12. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    OOC: I'm sorry to hear all that, Kai. I'd still love to continue this RPG, but I don't see anywhere I can post.

13. Falzar

Falzar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2002
    WHY IS MY NAME BEING USED IN THIS THREAD?

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Umm.... Could you explain that question, please? I have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about.

15. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Because it's the surname of one of the NPC behind-the-scences characters, Falzar.

Any likeness is purely co-incidental.

16. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    The End.

In the final conflict on Korriban, the Tainted blade found its way into the hands of the Sith Lord Mephet'ran, one whose darkness matched it's own and they were granted the sheer raw power of the Dark Side.

The Gaurdians of the Force fought gallantly against the combined might of Mephet'ran and the Blade, but it was in vain. It was as Kai Halicon was felled, damaged by a mortal wound, that they now-freed soul of Camden Rycoth sprung to life, realeasing a bright glow of pure light from himself.

The Force itself, which was beyond good or evil, had chosen to imbue Rycoth with a fraction of its true power, which gave the boy enough strength to smash the Blade, dissipating the dark power acorss the galaxy, where it would wither and die. Mephet'ran supposedly died in the final conflict, but it was never confirmed as the heroes escaped, carrying the body of Kai Halicon, whom Camden charged life into again, and breathed once more.

However, Camden was no longer tethered to the mortal realm and became a gaurdian spirit of sorts, a 'shaman' of the Force, able to offer guidance and salvation to those in need. It was a role the boy accepted, citing the need to do something that was bigger then just his own needs, but something that could help the galaxy.

Still recovering, Kai Halicon returned with his 'sister', Taiin to his homeworld of Tyrol, where they recuperated. His apprentice, Liana Falzar was granted Knighthood and the remainder of the Gaurdians went about their own ways, occassionally meeting each other over the years.

From time to time, Kai would look skywards in the evenings as he recovered, watching the pinpricks of stars in the sky, hearing a dark whisper in his ears. The Blade's evil would remain for some time, but Kai was comfortable in the fact that he knew that the galaxy had a new gaurdian angel in the form of his displaced apprentice, Camden.

Kai kept Camden's own lightsaber, promising to give it to his own child one day and reminding himself to pass on the story of Camden Rycoth and the Gaurdians of the Force, whom had long sinced parted ways, but would never be forgotten as long as there was good in the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.