main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Icons Thread Version 5: The Icons Strike Back

Discussion in 'Communications' started by nashira, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    gif is was I was told to use when I started making them, thats why I said that.

Oh Droidaka, I should be having an icon of your namesake up halfway soon.

EDIT[image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mhs7603/Icons/doiidaka.gif]

Its just a single new one since Im short on time, so I'm posting here.

2. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
  3. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    omg omg droideka! cool, wes :)

4. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004
    Baron, great job on the DFW-FF icons! =D=

5. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Thanks, Snowball. But which one is better?

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Right. So maybe this is out of place (and God knows I can't make icons to save my life so I probably shouldn't be posting here :p ), but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all the work you guys do. I mean, alot of people do say, "oh, it's not that hard to be an icon maker, you just cut a 50x50 pic out of another picture", but I know that even when I was trying to make icons, I never got past the "choose a picture" stage. Anyways, I'll stop rambling, and just say thank you for making icons. :p [face_blush]

And I'm hoping I can plead sleep-deprived insanity when I look back on this ;)

~LtJS @};-

7. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    On the first post it mentions all the icons must be GIF.

By the way, I think Nashira ought to update the first post, replacing, for example, the links to the possibilities page with links to the voting page and doing other updating things. The first page is pretty out of date and may confuse prospective icon makers.

8. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Sorry I didn't get this done yesterday, but better late than never. [face_blush] :p

Aanalasi_Heltonis: Not bad. Some borders might be good though. :)
    odj_310388: Nice work. I particulary like the Leia/Carrie icons.
    Dubya_Scott: Sweetness! I tried to do some Boshek and Rasha icons from that issue of Empire, but wasn't satisified with the results and deleted them. :p Yours look good though. :)
    DanakinSkywalker: Awesome DVD icons. Though Christopher Walken as HS scares me! :eek:
    ConcordDawn: Cool BF icons. Looks like a neat game.
    Theron: I love the Captain Antilles and Leias.
    Guinastasia: Good job. I like the Obi-Wans and CW Padme.
    Kev-Mas_Colcha: Yep, that's a mynock. It looks good. :)
    droideka27: Your mynock is a little dark, but I love the icons you made from the field guide (IIRC) art.
    BaronFel88: Nice DFW icons. Good luck on getting one uploaded.

9. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    like it Droidka, I got a utility that lets me access all of the animations from a game, so Im going to have a large set of icons soon.

10. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Posting for SOME:

28 Icon Update.

Naturally, this is one of my worst updates ever. Due to the Big Brother game and personal time limits, i've been unable to make any recent icons. These are pretty much scraps, aka old throwaways that i decided to bring back. Use what you can.

11. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Ok, Ive got some more. 10 from SWGB, and 1 I made from a pic of a customised TenelKa action figure someone did.

11 new

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
  13. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all the work you guys do
    Thanks, Lt_Jaina. :)

Bria - Heh, thanks. I had trouble with that same Empire issue. Those 2 icons were the only ones a managed to get out of it. It's funny how some issues you can get, like, 20 icons...and others you can barely get one. :p

Wes - Awesome Galactic Battlegrounds icons. I love 'em! That's one of my favorite games!

14. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Thanks Dubya.

15. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Alright. First of all, thanks Bria for the feedback. I was having a little trouble in working with photoshop (until now I've never used it before) but I've finally got the hang of it.

Anyway my alterego Aanalasi and I have perfected our icon making routine, so now I bring you a revamped collection. Enjoy

16. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    SOTME: Not bad. I particularly like the Darth Maul [EU] and Duality [RotS]. However I did notice the icon of a pod racer was mislabeld as a speeder bike... ;)
    Wes_Janson: Sweet SWGB icons. They look great.
    HanSolo29: Nice ESB icons. Especially Han. [face_love] ;)
    Kartanym: Good job! Love the RM conceptual art and the EU Anakin.

17. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    thanks!

Ive got a LOT more SWGB icons in the works, Basicly a LOT of the icons and such from the game.

Proably will have over 100 if I do em all in a single update.

18. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
  19. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Wenly, I liked the 3PO, Luke/Leia and Gamorian ones.

Well folks, Ive been busy.

104 new

20. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Lt._Jaina_Solo-thank you! It's not THAT hard, but one thing is that the fact that the icons have to be about 50 by 50 can make it difficult. You may find a great picture, but when you shrink it down, it looks awful. Or when you make transparent icon, you have to make sure that it doesn't have jagged edges.

It's a lot of fun, though, and I don't care if none of my icons are chosen. When it stops being fun, then I'll stop.

Thank you, Bria!

21. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Well folks, Ive been busy.

104 new

Wow big update, but theyr all like strange sizes, it needs to be 50x50 or 90x30.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Kartanym: Nice widescreen icons. Especially the ones from the new DVD release.
    dArTh_wenley: Excellent work. I really like the yellowish ones of Luke and the others. And also, interesting take on the Holiday Special Luke icons. ;)
    Wes_Janson: Wow, big update indeed. You really like Galactic Battlegrounds? ;) Nice job and interesting size.

And thanks Bria for the nice comments! :D

23. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Umm, I'm not sure if I can just post, but these are my icons...I really hope that link works. Please let me know if it doesn't.

My Icons

Here's the story about the icons...

Angelfire only lets you have three images per page, so if I was to host 3 of my icons per page, needless to say, we'd be here for awhile. So I went into Photoshop and made a big collage type thing out of all of them. But, I do have them all saved as GIFs (I beleive it was what we had), and hosted on the site, so I can get them to the person in charge...that is, if anyone votes for mine. Well, to tell you the truth, I'm not sure how it all works. But, I would like to know what you guys think of my icons, none the less. So, if you could, please let me know? O:) I know a lot of these have already been made, I just made stuff from whatever I had on my computer. I'd reall appreciate it. And just let me know if I did anything (or everything) wrong. :)

Thanks in advance.

-Vassago

24. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I have an icon request and figured this was the best place to put it.
    If it seems superficial, just ignore it. ;)

We used to have an icon of Padmé very similar to (or maybe taken directly from) this picture from the AOTC picnic scene:
    Happy picnic Padmé

It was my favorite icon because she is smiling and laughing. It was removed a long time ago.

We have great icons of her from this scene (available icons here and here) but she looks pretty serious/unhappy/worried in all of them.

Is it possible that a 'happy picnic Padmé' icon can be re-made for possible consideration? It's a happy scene, for the most part, and I'd love to see that icon back.

Thanks for any help. :)

25. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Here is my attempt with some better software...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.