main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Is my face then completely mental since I don't shave? :p

thesevegetables likes this.
  2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Probably, how will your face know it's 7am if you don't shave it?

In other non-shaving related news, I am slightly hungover right now.

3. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The reflection of sunlight hitting my various beard hairs allows my face to know the time of day.

4. Darth_Leeda

Darth_Leeda Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Hi Folks. Here we go again....

5. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Like a facial sundial, wow technology has come a long way since your regular handlebar moustache being an awkward way to ride a bike.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  6. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Just had a Star Wars flash back. .......do you remember seeing the executioner crash into the death star in ROTJ......i was out of my seat cheering....I am no hoping for a moment like that for my kids

7. GarithTannis

GarithTannis Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    I do. I remember Admiral Piett getting run over by an A-Wing right before that, too. "Stupid drunk Rebels! *FWOOSH*"

But I think you refer to the SSD Executor. Which, when I was a kid, I always pronounced it EX-ecutor, like it executed people. But in the last few years I've been told its actually called the Ex-EC-utor, as in like an executive. Which I think refers to Darth Vader's position in the Imperial chain of command.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My Star Wars flashback: seeing the "I am your father" scene for the first time, and thinking, "Wow. I knew you were an ***hole, Vader, but that was below the belt even for you, as you probably know how much he idealized his father."

I didn't believe Vader was telling the truth until ROTJ three years later.

9. GarithTannis

GarithTannis Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    See, I missed out on that. I was born in 1983 and watched Star Wars as a child. Plus, I predate the concept of a spoiler alert, so I already pretty well knew what was up. Hopefully this new trilogy will get me there.

However, I did have a co-worker who knew absolutely nothing of Star Wars who sat down and watched all six in order with me. During ROTS, he kept saying "Yeah, but when's Darth Vader supposed to show up?" And I was messing with him, I just kept saying, "Don't worry he's coming." He's been watching Anakin for two movies now, and so when Sidious named him Vader, my co-worker kind of wigged out with that "Oh snap!" moment. It was fun to watch. When he watched Return of the Jedi, he saw it in a different way than I first watched it. This was the moment that I realized that the prequels, while flawed, are important, and really add so much to the story.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not sure there is a concept today similar to waiting three years for resolution of ESB cliffhangers. The industry itself is much more fast-paced.

I always like hearing from people who watched the saga in 1-6 order without knowing anything about Star Wars. I know there are a couple of people on these boards who did that.

There was a good blog from a guy who showed the films to his son in 1-6 order; the son's take on the opening of ROTS was that they were rescuing "that nice old man who is Anakin's friend." The ending of that movie was pretty upsetting to him.

I did 4-6, 1-3 order with my kids and they have the "Vader is a cool badass and the end of ROTS is awesome" viewpoint.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  12. Darth Esquire 78

Darth Esquire 78 Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    Yawn! Stretch!!

First post.

thesevegetables likes this.
  13. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Welcome aboard, what time do you shave and does your facial hair have any useful properties or functions?

14. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Useful functions...you need to check out dwarf hair from Artemis Fowl. It's like prehensile! It can be used to pick locks, because it stiffens into shape when plucked, and can also wrap itself around bugs to store in your beard for later snacks. Toe hair can part for easy access to joints. Dwarf hair is never wrong. Trust the hair.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I shave daily, but maintain a beard. I simply shave so that my face doesn't succumb completely to it and become a dystopian wilderness experience like Armen's.

16. Darth Esquire 78

Nov 17, 2012
    Thanks Rocks! Haven't shaved in 15 years. As for special functions, what do you think I'm typing with?

:p

17. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Your face is completely mental anyway.

DarthTunick likes this.
  18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Good afternoon folks. :D

19. Darth Esquire 78

Nov 17, 2012
  20. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    HI, everyone!

Utah looks like a go. We finished getting our supplies today. Later I'm going to start portioning out the dog's food and packing her bag.
    Yes, we're bringing my dog. I won't go anywhere overnight without her.:p

Three days left! [face_dancing]

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Glad to see you're able to go.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Utah looked particularly nice last night. When the Sixers polished the floorboards with them... [face_dancing]

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Just saw Lincoln and can't decide who deserves an Oscar more, Daniel Day-Lewis or Tommy Lee Jones.

I'm too tired to do much commentary other than "politics being filthy business isn't limited to modern times." And never underestimate the idiocy of racists with a podium. The film did a great job showing the dynamics surrounding the 13th Amendment's passage, Lincoln's marriage and relationship with his kids, and Lincoln's personality in general which matches what I've read about it.

Best scenes in the film: the silent Appomattox Court House scene, and the scene in which we see why Thaddeus Stevens wanted to take home the official copy of the 13th Amendment.

DarthTunick likes this.
  25. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    LIncoln sounds like a solid movie, I like a good political film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.