main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread...Ask A Question Answer A Question Game (Version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MasterMonkey13, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    A. Do local franchises count? If so, then Jim & Nena's. Too bad they don't have a store open in Gettysburg. They have one in East Berlin, Gettysburg isn't that much farther. Neato Burrito is also good.

Q. Do you kill the flies that buzz around your kitchen in an aimless fashion, driving you bonkers from their buzzing as they bounce around the lightbulb, or do you catch it and let it go outside?

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A: Flies rarely get about inside my house. Generally, I make an effort to get any invading nature outside with minimal damage, but when they outright refuse to cooperate I either let them go, or if they are spiders, seek & destroy.
    Q: Would/Do you take trips to visits sets or locations from films you like? Any examples, if so?

3. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A: If I had the cash to travel more often and to farther-away places, sure.

Q: How are you preparing for the Frankenstorm?

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I live in PA, which is a mecca for classic monster film fans. The cinema & diner used in the 2 most famous scenes in The Blob are still operating, the cemetery from Night of the Living Dead is here... being a fan/collector of classic horror films, this state is a goldmine.

A: Secured my porch & front steps, placed plastic inside the windows, and hid my cars in the causeway in between my neighbors' vans. This afternoon, I have to get to 2 more of the neighborhood elderly and finish getting their fronts locked down. Oh, and I need to buy 6 months worth of toilet paper because storms apparently increase toilet use dramatically.

Q: Favorite Pixar film?

5. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Finding Nemo

Q: Favorite Disney film?

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Mulan
    Photo or video?

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A: Photo.

Q: Favorite animation style/method/technique?

As for my storm preparations, I took down most of my Halloween decorations, namely the stuff that could get blown into the next county. All my windows are shut, and I filled a Gatorade jug with water and stuck it in the fridge, as I have no transportation of my own and was unable to get to the store.

8. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    A: I like good old hand-drawn western animation style, even better if you can see all the sktech lines, just like in Disney's "The Rescuers." For some reason, I think it's gorgeous--don't ask me why.

Q: What extreme reason, if any, could have made you join the Galactic Empire?

(BTW: Hello, TrakNar!)

9. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Infiltration as an undercover spy.

Q: Are you prepared for an apocalypse?

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A: Not really. If you're referring to the hurricane, though... still not really ready.

Q: How are you holding up, in that regard?

(Hey Lelal!)

11. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    I'm not. :)
    Spelling or grammar?

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A. Both. I am a stickler for both.

Q. Paper or plastic?

13. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    A: Neither. I use re-usable fabric bags whenever possible.

Q: Have any kids who're also into Star Wars?

14. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Does my sister count?
    Q: What order would you show the movies in to a child who knows nothing of them? How would you introduce them to Star Wars?

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: well, since I want educated children who understand how numbers work... and also free-thinking children who can later decide what they think of the series... in all 3 languages I speak, numerical lists usually begin with "1".
    Q: Who should direct Episode 7?

16. Adamina

Adamina Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    I don't know who I would want to direct Ep 7..I would have to think about it a little more

Same question

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A. I'd rather not even think about Episode VII. I'd rather leave it be and avoid it becoming a vulgarity in my presence.

Q: Same question.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: Same answer I've given twenty times in the official "director" thread... NOT Peter Jackson or Steven Spielberg because I want them undistracted to make me my Tintin sequel!!!

Q: Wise, old Jedi Luke played by Mark Hamill in Episode 7?

Random Comments likes this.
  19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    A: Only if they're sticking to EU canon.

Q: What's your favorite city/state/country to visit?

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: Belfast/Ireland. There's no place like home. Kyoto in Japan was marvelous, though. My absolute favorite would be Jerusalem for all its history, but I'm not suicidal.

Q: Favorite "ethnic" food? (Italian, Chinese, Indian, Medi, Welsh, et al)

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    A: Chinese and Italian.

Q: What's been your favorite SW movie so far?

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: Ewoks: Battle For Endor.
    Q: Did you eat the old school SW cereals? C3POs or any of the others?

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  23. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    I don't think we ever had them over here.

Q: Did you do anything exciting today?

24. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Yeah. I logged on here. :)
    Star Trek or TRON?

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: I like the new versions of BOTH better than their originals for some inexplicable reason. I'll say Star Trek only because it has longer legs, I think. More stories to tell without risking redundancy.
    Q: Favorite comic book movie? Not limited to "superhero"... A History of Violence, Dredd, V for Vendetta, Rocketeer, American Splendor, etc. are also relevant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.