main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Glad to be here

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by StoryHobbit, Jan 29, 2013.

1. StoryHobbit

StoryHobbit Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    Technically I am not new to these forums as I used to have an account, but it was one of those dorky names with my junior high school email. I'm now trying to get back in the community with my current name StoryHobbit. I picked this name primarily because of my website Http://StoryHobby.com where I focus on transmedia and crossmedia storytelling. I have a HUGE Star Wars section under the franchises tab.

I specialize in social media and the digital age. You can see some of my work by visiting the above website or http://jasonleehamilton.com which I developed myself. I'm just about to graduate from BYU in English. My dream is to eventually work in the social media or creative writing field, working with Star Wars material.

Can't wait to get chatting with so many of you about my favorite entertainment franchise, which I believe is stronger than it ever has been.

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards! :)

Took a look at your site, so far it seems quite intriguing, though I've only quickly browsed through some of your reviews and the transmedia storytelling.
    It's quite interesting.
    I'd say you want to take a look at the Literature and EU Community forums for sure, as well as our Films boards.
    If you're interested in The Clone Wars, we have a board devoted to that and television as well.

We also have Fanfiction and Fan Activities boards, if you're interested in any creative writing/media design on these boards.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. We'll try to help you out.

Good luck, and have fun!

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    StoryHobbit: Failte Nua Duine. We are glad that you are glad that you are here. I will absolutely check out your site. Sounds brilliant. Follow the Admiral's many, many links and see about firing up a conversation or 2. Run into any trouble, simply tag us in here as this has become your personal tech support area.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! I definitely recommend Fan Fiction and Fan Films; they have great communities, and I"m sure you'd love them!

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome StoryHobbit! :)

It's an interesting name and I wish you good luck for your career dream! :)

Just a little advice, be a bit careful how you post links to your website (especially those with SW content), because we don't allow advertising other websites and sometimes what you just post for information or for fun/joy, another one can read it as promotion (and then it might get edited). Just keep that in your mind. :)

Other than that... I really hope you join our talks - either here in WNU or at another board. There's so much to do, you'll find some places to stay! :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

6. StoryHobbit

StoryHobbit Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    Thanks Skiara I will keep that in mind. And thanks everyone for the warm welcome