main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph GLEE

Discussion in 'Community' started by Whitey, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Nawww that seems like it was out of his hands and he said that too. Those 3 actors were only signed to 3 seasons since the beginning, they've said that before. Even if they were "fired" (which they weren't), they can't say that publically in interviews - that's unprofessional and probably a headache. Also if they're waiting until after this coming season to work on it, that means that they're waiting for other characters to join. Which I think is best. I don't want to watch Finn on Glee at 8pm and then see main girl chick crying at 9pm about him on a different show.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Sesame Street does Glee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCtEbKRTRgI

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I think I like that better than the actual show.

4. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    AND THE WORLD KEEPS SPINNING ROUND AND ROUND
    AND MY HEART'S KEEPING TIME TO SPEED OF SOUND

5. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Based on the way Glee drastically changed up the opening lyrics of the song, apparently you can stop the beat. :oops:

6. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Nice return to form for them in this season opening. Very cheeky song choice for Lyndsey in the first of her two planned episodes for the year. Can't wait for episode 4 where we get to see the first of the Glee Project winners.

And no surprise on Blaine moving across. Will set up some nice conflict dynamics and means there won't be the need for the obligatory "quick look at Dalton for a Darren Criss solo".

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    1) What did everyone think of the Cory Monteith tribute episode?

2) Also, Ryan Murphy says Season 6 (next season) will be its last. Thoughts? Feelings?

1) IMO, the Cory Monteith episode was nice, but I didn't understand why it took place a few weeks after his death. I thought it could have been more impactful if they all were singing coming out of the funeral home. Or even maybe a song at the grave site/yard? I don't know, am I being too morbid? I guess I expected the episode to move me more, but the only part that semi choked me up was when Rachel (finally) showed up. I wish Dianna Agron could have been in the episode, but I read she wasn't asked back or was busy. I guess it doesn't matter. I did appreciate that they threw in the public service message separate from the episode, this way they didn't tarnish the Finn character and they stuck to the tribute without trying to squeeze a lesson into the episode.

2) I do have to give the show credit that it is somehow surviving even though the cast is in two separate places, but I agree that it's time to wrap it up. The original cast will always hold a special place in my heart and the farther you move from that the more the show starts to feel like "Saved By The Bell: The New Class".

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Given that it looks like they filmed the episode when the cast was still in enourmous grief, I'm presuming the writers thought that having it start at the actual funeral/graveside might have been too much for the cast, considering that Montieth's own off - screen memorial. was only weeks back for them.

9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    This show hasn't kicked the bucket yet? No one's overdosed on it by now?

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  10. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I just snorted.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I will forever loath and despise this show for re-popularizing the godawful Journey song "Don't Stop Believing".

More like "Don't Stop Shutting the **** Up".

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Blasphemy against Journey. [face_talk_hand]

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    And what do you think of The Sopranos?

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I still need to watch that show.

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    You're gonna love the final scene.

16. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    1) I actually thought they made the right choice on timing. Everyone has done the funeral episode before, including them in Season 2. By setting it 3 weeks later they get to avoid having to make the choice they didn't want to which was to give an explanation as to the how of his death, and also have a wider spectrum of people on the different stages of grief. The newer crew were obviously all through to the acceptance stage, leaving the slate clear for the originals to grieve. It also means that the reactions are more realistic and the decisions made work better than if this was immediately after his death. I liked that they gave Jane Lynch a meaty and poignant scene over it, but the best scene was the one with Kurt, Burt and Carol cleaning out Finn's room. It felt raw and true.

2) Not a surprise. Kevin Reilly has been hinting at this ever since they picked up the 5th and 6th seasons. They gave them two because it was what they needed to wrap the existing storylines unless they found a brand new crew to base it entirely around. And with Monteith's death it was going to be hard enough to complete the existing contracted seasons and retool the overall arcs.No one thought the show would last more than one season, so going out with 6 in total (of varying quality) isn't bad.