main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Go Browns!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DonC, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Great game, even if it ended badly for us. I only caught the end (at the movies) but it was a close finish. Good luck in the next round Pittsburgh!

As for the road trip, we were talking about sometime in the spring for the Starfighter exhibit (I'm supposed to work out the details with one of your padawans as part of her "trials")...depending on schedules, the Rock Hall is a possibility.

You do realize, we never agreed to terms of "the bet?" I wanted the T-shirt thing, you declined and offered the Rock Hall/Carneigie trip...but we never finalized the deal. I'm not trying to squeeze out of this...but we never settled the matter. I'm sure we can think of something to reward the winning fanforce ;)

2. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    nothing was finalized because you said you "would see" = we were waiting for you and you never got back to us :p

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    My apologies for not getting back to you in time, wasn't trying to duck out. Like I said...I'll think of something when you guys come to town for Starfighter and (TBA) to make up for this mistake on my part.

FYI, Rock Hall tickets aren't cheap...most of the locals only go when they have family visiting from out of town (who want to see it) or if there's a special exhibit.

NO PROMISES, I know some people who work there. I'll look into getting a group discount or something (depends on how many people we can gather between our 2 Fanforces)

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I would probably rather see the Starfighter exhibit, especially if the R&R Halal of Fame is expensive. It sounds like a tourist trap. Is it?

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I was there a year ago, it is a really cool place. I definately think it is worth the money to visit the Hall.

6. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Art of the Starfighter would be better only one problem

I wouldn't be able to see it. We all know what I'd have to wear to go.

7. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Corran, you're talking about that frilly tutu thing and weirdly-shaped carnival mask, right?

Last I heard, you'd redesigned the mask so you could see out of it again...? Did something happen to alter that?

Trying to keep a straight face while looking innocent,
    Yours Truly

8. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    ~ I thought we were a family :p

This could be our summer family vacation :p - ya know <wonk ay!> Grisswald family vacation :D

9. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Krash, actually I didn't mean for your fanforce to pay for us. That would be too expensive. What I mean is that we all get together somewhere in Cleveland. Preferably a members house for one big "meeting" between fanforce groups and from there we al go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Your folks can (try) to regal us about tales of your city and show us around a little.

That's why I called it a friendly wager. No money involved as to who lost.

I like the Starfighter exhibit better though now that you mention it. It falls more in line with SW. The Rock Hall just lets us be more culturally diverse.

10. JediDaveFromDaBurgh

JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, MJ66, the family truckster! LOL!

11. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    load up the minivan :)

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    1st off...GREAT FANFORCE ICON!!!!

2nd, love to have you guys come up to Cleveland (Starfighter-Rock Hall-BOTH...doesn't matter)

To the padawan who spoke with me about organizing a Pittsburgh-Cleveland trip, as part of her "trials"...(I'm sorry I didn't get your name) Let me know when you want to start planning something (PM me when you get a chance) and we'll start discussing it.

13. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    heya Krash, my Padawan Stina-Cri isn't ignoring you, its just that its the end of the first semester and time for mid-terms. She's a bit busy for the next week or two . . .

After the new semster ends, I expect she'll be on the boards a bit more . . .

14. jaster_meerle

jaster_meerle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    i couldnt resist but the browns are gonna crush the steelers next season and maddox, like all great cinderella-story sports players in pittsburgh is gonna stink (remember johan hedburg, now its maddox's turn)
    GO BROWNS!!!

15. rebel_scum1

rebel_scum1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    GO BROWNS!!! :D :D :D :p

16. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I can't believe this is on the first page again =)

Did you see how many players the Brownies cut? Bye bye Holmes and Rudd! There goes the defense.....

Meanwhile we had to "lose" Stewart and Peterson. We just went up in the power rankings without those clowns.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Browns stink! Always will!

18. rebel_scum1

rebel_scum1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    sorry about bringing that up again, but i just couldnt resist. :D :D

19. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    GO STEELERS!!!!!!