main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Today I am working on a big project in the conference room (right across from my office) and running back and forth to answer phones as well. Whenever I have to answer the phones I take a minibreak & see what my buddies at LAFF have to say. Other than phone calls & breaks it looks like I will be on my feet all day.

On behalf of my brain, body & feets, thanks guys.

2. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    My co-worker came back from Italy and she brought me back some Italian chocolate and an Italian comic book. Sweet!!!

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    That's a great gift S_J. I was craving chocolate yesterday pretty bad.

Yesterday wasn't good at work, but today has been much better. I've spent most of the day loading new software to my computer and playing with the new programs. I'm laying out furniture for people's offices.

Right now I'm having lunch with the door closed and the music up.

4. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Party on SR!

5. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    One of the best things about my job is that I get to listen to KROQ, Pandora or the CD's I downloaded onto my computer all day long (unless I have a project in the conference room like last week.)

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    My bosses were gone all morning at some staff conference. Now that's definitely lucky. [face_dancing]

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I rarely see my boss. I don't know what he does? But he's never around here.

8. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    My boss is a few cubes up, and super chill to talk to. Unless he's having a bad day, but those are far and few. I'll try to post a pic of the comic book and chocolate box. I saw some of her pics, and I'm daydreaming of going to Italy. Now I just need to get my passport...

9. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I've been known to bring my smallest dog into work when the boss is gone. He's the only staff memeber that isn't an animal lover. That should be a requirement for all school principals!

SR: I hope you locked your door and enjoyed your lunch!!

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Places I want to visit: pretty much anyplace I haven't been -- except Iceland, Greenland or Alaska in the winter or Saudi Arabia, Iran, Lebanon or Israel -- until they regain their sanity. Well, not Chernobyl either, I guess.

I've always wanted to see Italy, especially the cities that were such a force for art and intellect in the Renaissance, England, Japan. Yup, pretty much anywhere I haven't been that's not listed in the above paragraph.

11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I've got my paperwork for my passport, I just need to come up with the money and take the photo. I might just do it next week when I get paid. If anything I'll go to England or maybe Puerto Rico, just see what it's like. I know I have cousins in PR, but I don't really know them.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well I don't know if this is good or not, but I just learned that starting in September, I will work every weekend for five months (excluding December) on projects. The good is that I will make some killer money that will help me buy my new car. The bad is that I may not get to see anyone for a long time.

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OMG! Money's great if you're alive to collect it... LOL. Are we talking both days of the weekend?

BTW, have you had a chance to scope out that place yet?

14. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    SR, is that overtime pay?
    I did overtime on my day's off (I get every other Friday off) and Saturdays for about a year. I got tons of money, which I used to buy the car I currently have. But it drove me crazy. I was always in a bad mood, and was easily ticked off.

Just don't over do it and burn yourself out!

15. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Are you still going to be able to make it to the JW Concert at the Hollywood Bowl on Sept. 2nd?

As Han put it, "What good's a reward is I ain't around to spend it?" Sounds stressful. Don't forget to take care of yourself during this time!!

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    When will you get off work on Saturdays? You can still people if you have the evening free.

17. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    SR -- that's "good" news! I think!? :D I won't be in until Monday -- boss has had what I have, and she wants me to be as well as possible before returning. She said I could work part-time for a few weeks if I needed to and can afford it. Hopefully I won't have to do that, but it's nice to have that kind of support at work. I do miss it though...sleeping all the time is boring. I can't read a book. I check online between naps. What a life! I think the antibiotics are starting to work though! [face_dancing]

18. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    This actually happened on Monday but I was off that day and got it on Tuesday but ... I was approved to work my weird early hours! As some of you may or may not know (or care), I usually get to work around 6 am so I can get off at 2:30 to pick up my padawan. The company rules state that no one is allowed to start work before 6:30 am so I thought I was going to have to sneak around. Well, I guess I wrote a really convincing letter because in the first round I was almost approved but all were "conditionally held" pending more details. I guess mine was good enough. A few other co-workers were approved but not all. Some are bitter because they don't have "a child to pick up". Any way, I feel much better now.

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow, that's nice that they did that for you!

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You've been there long enough. What's 30 minutes going to do to them?

21. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    That's why whenever I start a new job, I put up pictures of kids. They are the best exuse for everything.

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    A picture of CB & CBM holding them would be even better.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So I got news that my first weekend of work will be the 9th then followed by the 16th. That's all I know at this time.

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I had lunch with SR today. That was cool. I've been on strike the past two days.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Jury Duty was a breeze today. I got there around 7:30 they gave us an orientation and I read until 11:45 when we broke for lunch. JR and I went to Chinatown. Thanks for meeting me it was good to see you today. Then at 1:30 I was back in the holding room reading again and then by 2:30 they let us go. No one was called for a trial. We all just sat there and read and did whatever.

All in all, a pretty good day doing my civic duty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.