main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gran Turisimo 3

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthMaul13, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    What do you guys think of the game? My roomate has it for Playstation 2 and I've been playing nearly everday for the past month. I'm almost done finishing the Begineer Course but there are so many cups to go. Do have this game out for X-box yet?

What's your favorite car? I bought a Supra and a Viper and totally suped them out, spending nearly an extra $60,000 on each. The rest of my cars, are ones that I won.

Does anyone have any secret codes and tricks for the game? I would sure love to unlock more cars.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have codes for Midnight Club to unlock more levels, or cars?

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm still playing GT2 for PS1. I've played that game for over 2 years and I still haven't finished it. I've almost come to hate the game because I want to finish it but it takes too long.

GT3 looks good in screenshots and movies I've seen. The price of it has dropped to 19.99 as well, so I might pick it up. But first I have to finish friggin' GT2.

3. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Unless you're talking Gameshark codes, there are no codes for any of the Gran Turismo games. And since they're made by the teaming of Sony and Polyphony, I doubt it'll be coming to X-Box any time soon, DarthMaul13. But I must admit, it is a sweet game.

Favorite car? For normal cars, I'd have to take the Nissan Skyline - 4WD, with enough horsepower to beat almost any other car when suped up. Favorite non-'normal' car? ...any of the Formula 1 cars. <EG>

4. DarthMaul13

Nov 26, 1998
    Any ideas on when GT4 is coming out? I want to see the LEXUS SC430 and Ferrarri, man!

5. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Miami Vice is supposed to be comin' out in October.

6. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Don't they have something like an expansion out? Something about Tokyo or something?

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah, there's an expansion disk for exotic or concept cars or something like that. I think that "Miami Vice" thing mentioned above is for Grand Theft Auto, not Gran Turismo, but I could be wrong.

One site recommends the Lancer series of cars since they are the most modifiable. Personally I didn't like it very much. Once I won the Camarro race car, I used that to advance to better vehicles. But that's hardly a "normal" car. The best bet is to get a car that suits your racing style. If you corner well and don't care about all out speed, a nice light car with short wheel base like the Lotus will suit you. If you don't corner well and like to catch up on straightaways, get a powerhouse like the Viper.

The only trick I know, and I've never used it because I never needed the money (I think I have about three million credits) is to switch the control scheme so that the left stick accelerates when pushed to the right, then enter a race (like the endurance one) with the oval track, then put a rubber band around the sticks so that the left stick is constantly pushing right, and the right one is constantly pulling left (that way you will be accelerating all the time, and turning left all the time. You have to be in automatic to do this). Then you can do whatever you want while the game is racing. If your car is fast enough, you'll win and get money that way. Like I said, never tried it, but it sounds like it would work (except, I don't know how your tires would hold up).

8. JediStocky

JediStocky Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    The extra GT3 disc of which you speak is Gran Turismo Concept, which will be out soon in Australia, if not already here. IMHO not worth the price, no new tracks, just new cars. I'll wait for GT4, about which I have heard nothing of. One thing they SHOULD include is the option to play music CDs while in the endurance races, not in any others, not enough time to make the changing discs worth it.

9. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I can't stand endurance races. Either you have a great car and you will pull away from the other cars leaving you all alone out there for 2 hours, or you have a junk car and you'll be the laughing stock of the field.

10. JediStocky

JediStocky Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    That's part of the game unfortunately. Did any of you get the LM CRX in GT1? That thing was ace! Great for many laps of Grand Valley.

In GT3 I've knocked off the beginner, the Amateur and most of the pro, just the F1 championship and one other to go, then the enduro's (HOW many laps of Trial mountain in a gutless MX-5?) :_| :mad:

11. DarthMaul13

Nov 26, 1998
  12. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    GT Concept: Tokyo-Geneva is out now in Australia, and it's not an expansion disk but a seperate title. And since it costs more then GT3, apart from the 100 new cars and two new tracks, a purchase should only be for die hard fans.

GT4 is rumored, and it may have online features, along with the ability to download new cars after purchase. At least, they are options that Polyphony want to add to the series, whether or not they appear I don't know, but let's hope so.

By the way, my fav car was my completly upgraded mini. I was actually surprised at how fast I could get it up to!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.