main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Halo 3 : Finishing The Fight

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth_Vaders_cousin, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slanir_Tezneech

Slanir_Tezneech Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Mendoza

"So we're going after the ship, we going on foot or by vehicle cause its best we decide and prepare now cause i can see this being one heck of a ride"

TAG: Anyone

2. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Master Chief
    Old Mombasa -- Secured Square

He looked at his force. If they wanted to try for the ship...they'd try for the ship.

"Alright, it's settled. We'll try for the ship." he paused, hoping someone would change their mind, but knew they wouldn't. "Since our bird dropped out of the sky, I doubt we're in possesion of much more than twisted metal and a Warthog engine or two. Needless to say, unless we uncover some Covenant Convoy, we're on foot. If i've got no objections, lets move out!"

Tag: All

3. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: Linda-058

Linda snapped to attention, "Yes, Sir! I'll scout ahead." Checking her ammo in the Sniper rifle and the Battle Rifle, then winked at her good friend, "I'll see you soon cheif." Then she left Mombasa square and went to the rooftops, always a few blocks ahead of the rest of the group.

TAG: Group

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Mike Kurovich
    Secured Square, Old Mombasa

Mombasa? His homeland? Damn those Covies!

Mike was angry. He tried to hide it, but as he fell to earth in the drop pod, he found that he was eager to blow away a few grunts.

The pod hit hard, but he didn't care. He charged out with his BR, dropping three grunts in moments. The rest of the team was raising hell, too, and it wasn't long before they had secured the square.

As the rest of the team convened, Mike stood a few feet away, sniper rifle at the ready. Any Covenant coming to help their now-dead comrades would be in for a bad surprise.

5. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    GM Approved

Name: Jack Adams
    Race/Nationality: White, USA
    Homeworld: Reach
    Place of Birth: Earth
    Specialty: Sniper and Stealth.

Personality
    ---Traits: Stubborn, impulsive, quick-tempered, obsessive, confident
    ---Likes: Guns, head-shots, never missing, killing those Covenant rats
    ---Dislikes: Missing, it would be wise never to speak when he's in the middle of shooting, it really pisses him off. And the person who has done it, well, let's just say it never happened again.
    ---Habits: Tends to click jaw with under stress or pressure

Appearance
    ---Skin Color: White, pale skinned
    ---Hair Color: Dark drown
    ---Eye Color: Blue-gray
    ---Clothing: Black and red modified ODST Armor. Helmet with visor that can be be raised and lowered. His helmet no longer covers his entire face, simply the upper part. He never liked the full helmet.
    ---Other Attributes:
    ---Other Details: Tall, stands at 6'7". Thin, lankey build.

Starting Weapons: S2 AM Sniper Rifle, M6D HE Magnum Sidearm

Biography
    ---Personal History: Jack was born on Earth. But spent little time there. As he and his family traveled to Reach early on in his childhood. Jack has lived a fairly rough life.

When Jack turned 17 he walked out of his home, due to his rough, non-existent relations to his family. Jack began training as a Marine and then volunteered to be an ODST.

He was considered crazy by most, as he loves the thrill and danger of his job. Some believe Jack may be a bit unstable. But every Marine he had worked with in the past has the same thing to say: 'Thank God he's on our side'.

When Reach came under attack Jack was on ground forces and did his best to hold back the offending troops. His family was killed in this attack, yet he managed to board and steal a small Covenant drop-ship and escape to Earth.

He blames himself for the death of so many. As he puts so much on his shoulders. He arrived at Earth, where he was informed with information on Master Chief and Halo.

Jack was then given command of a squadron of soldiers he came to call 'DarkLights' as they were all specilaized in stealth.

When New Mombasa came under attack he openly broke orders to stay aboard Malta and left his team behind to fight on the battle below.

He hoped to make the difference that he could not make on Reach. Somehow Jack survived an onslaught of attacks.

He asked to be stationed back on Malta, but was instead transferred to Cairo Station along with his squad of troopers.

During The Second Battle Of Earth, Jack led the Darklights through a slew of attacks. One by one his squad was killed right in front of him.

Until finally the Covenant troops over-powered the Station. When the Marines finally intervened and landed on the wreaked station. Jack was missing. He has since not been found.

---Military History: Jack was one of the few survivors of New Mombasa. After helping to clear out the streets and injuries, Jack was transferred to Cairo Station, where he maintained a leading position of a special squad known as the DarkLights. Unfortunately,
    when Cairo Station came under attack during the Second Battle of Earth, his team was murdered. As well as a great number of people when a Covenant boarding party rampaged through. Once the attack had lifted, the Covenant had been pushed back, and Cairo Station was more of a mourge. Jack could not be found.

6. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    OOC: Note to All Players in this RPG - There's no excuse for posting a simple little 2 or 3 line post. Give us something to read. And make sure we can actually read it, grammar and spelling is totally essential to making an RP a good one. Thank you for your time.

[b]IC - LC David Quest[/b]
    [i]Old Mombasa; Drop Zone[/i]
    [blockquote]
    Quest pushed a clip into his rifle, and spoke up, "Listen Marines, I've worked with the Spartan's before, and what they say goes. Don't dispute orders, and do NOT underestimate them. Ultimately, they will win this fight, and they will survive, whereas some of us will die." Quest loaded one bullet into the chamber of his sniper, and spit some phlegm out of his mouth.

David nodded on the Master Chief's orders and took sub-point, following closely behind Linda. It seemed to be quiet down the dark, drawn street, despite the subtle explosions that could be heard among the long corridors of the city. It felt good to have a Spartan in front of him, and several to his back. Quite the opposite effect of being between the devil and the deep blue.
    [/blockquote]
    [b]Tag:[/b] Marines, Spartans

7. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    IC: Jack Adams

New Mombasa, Outskirts-

Jack dropped to his knees as he spit up blood. He stood to his feet and used the back of his pale, glove-less hand to clear the blood.

After coughing a few more times he glanced back to the BumbleBee, or what was left of it anyway. Which wasn't much. Others had boarded it with him, but no one else made it but him.

Hell, Jack was surprised he made it. He checked his pistol, it was fully loaded. Jack slid the black gun back into the holster that rested on the back of his belt. Next, Jack looked over his trusty Sniper Rifle; it was in perfect condition, and fully loaded as well.

'Thank god,' he said to himself, sighing heavily.

He removed his helmet and brushed his long brown hair out out his face. The front was slightly long, with the back neck-length. His weary eyes trailed over New Mombasa, the city was in ruins.

He couldn't believe he had landed here. "Peachy," he breathed out as he began walking through the life-less streets. The city wasn't much to look at. Just a sign of failure in his eyes.

That jump to Slipspace had really done a number on it. Most of the city was gone, possibly all of it. And if the Covenant continued this Earth would be another Reach. Worse even.

Jack need answers, simple and fast ones. As he moved through the wreckage he knew he'd have to find something, anything, that could help him stop this. At any cost.

8. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    IC: Will

"Listen Marines, I've worked with the Spartan's before, and what they say goes. Don't dispute orders, and do NOT underestimate them. Ultimately, they will win this fight, and they will survive, whereas some of us will die."

The Spartan looked at the man named David Quest, then back at the Chief. With a nod, Will turned on the Spartan-only commlink in his helmet, "I'm beginning to like this guy, Chief..."

Will said it with a chuckle, then went quiet, "In all seriousness, what would you have me do, John?"

SPARTAN-043 looked around at the surroundings much like all the other soldiers were doing... but he didn't feel their pain. This was not a city that was tucked deep within his heart, nor was this planet. William only knew of Earth's strategic value.

If anything, this destruction reminds him of Reach.

William blinked back a tear, unable to be seen through his helmet, as he waited for the Chief's response.

TAG: Chief

9. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    OOC: Thanks for the note Rayson, and I'm sorry that I haven't been around much lately you guys, but that should change in the next few weeks.

IC: Cheif

Old Mombassa -- Secured Square

He listened with a smile to the one Identified as Quest's heart warming remarks.

"I'm beginning to like this guy, Chief..." William's voice said with a chuckle in his ear. "In all seriousness, what would you have me do, John?"

"You'll stick with me in the middle William. Frederick, bring up the rear, and keep a look out for anything attacking from behind. Linda, should you see anything that isn't an immediate threat, would you mind informing us on this channel rather than publicly, I get the feeling some of these guys are a bit Trigger Happy." The cheif ordered into the Spartan Communications Channel, or SCC, before clicking back to public brodcast.

"Everyone, stay together but space enough that you don't shoot each other...we've got along way to go...and a short time to do it in...."

His voice trailed as they "moved out", adjusting the Brute SHot in his hand to get a more relaxed grip.

Not that he should be relaxing, for just 3 streets ahead, they were about to encounter another man's stand against the Covenant Army. One they wouldn't soon forget.

10. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Justin Kindle

Justin heard everything, but choose to remain silent. The ship sounded like a good idea to him. He switched his sniper for his battle rifle and followed the others. Surprisingly enouhg, he wasn't too nervous. He had accepted the fact that he could die any time, and once you get that in your head, War becoms pretty easy. He glanced around. Not much was where they were currently.

TAG: Any

11. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

New Mombasa, Outskirts-

Jack made sure to keep his gun in check as he walked through the streets of New Mombasa. He had felt un-easy the entire time. Something just didn't feel right.

He hated being out of the loop. What exactly were the Covenant after? Jack then saw Covenant starfighters zoom through the sky.

"What are you looking for?" Jack whispered out, following the trail of the Fighters.

He rubbed his eyes one last time before sliding his visor down over his eyes. Jack then traced his eyes over his thin pale hands. They were scarred, cut up. One cut was actually bleeding.

He hated wearing any sort of protection over his hands, and this is pretty much how his hands always looked. He wiped his hand over the blood and got rid of it. He coughed twice more, and spit the blood onto the ground.

Jack then heard what he believed to be Covenant soldiers near the next pass. He quickly pulled out his Sniper Rifle and crouched down. Adams slowly crept his way up. Looking around the corner he found what he was looking for, and he was right;

Two Brutes, three Jackals. "Great," he told himself. At least this way he could make sure he still had a good shot. Jack didn't have a single grenade on him, and there was no way he could take them head on. He needed a safe spot to shoot from.

He looked around; "There!" he breathed. He quietly sprinted towards a lone staircase. He tightened his grip on the railing and pushed himself forward up the stairs.

After finishing up the stairs he found a hole in the ceiling that allowed him easy access to the roof. Or whatever it use to be. Jack swiftly pulled himself up and positioned himself to fire on the Covenant rats.

He had five shots, he needed to take each out. Fast and swift. Jack had no time to play around.

"Here we go..."

12. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: Linda-058

Linda went through the allyways silently, and deadly. She encountered no resistance, but only kept moving. Battle Rifle strung over her shoulder, and her modified Sniper Rifle in her hands, she she went up a flight of stairs. The stairs led to the roof of a much higher building than the others. From here she could see anything within a seven block radius, even if she didn?t want to.

Surveying the surrounding city she found a particularily flamboyant grunt running down an alley. Knowing there was always more than just one she took aim on the back of his head, and watched him join a larger force. Opening the Spartan-Only channel, she spoke to John, ?Chief, there is a small force ahead, about three blocks.? Waiting for a second to count the forces she continued, ?looks like four brutes?a couple grunts, no more than we can take in a couple seconds, I see two Jackels, with sniper rifles, the two of us up here can take ?em. I don?t see any else. But it looks as if they are completely unaware that there is a battle going on around them. Give me the order, and their dead.? She layed down on the top of the roof and let her sniper rifle rest on the edge. She turned her head and looked at the marine following her, ?Lieutenant Quest, take aim on one of those Jackels. When the chief gives the word, make it be known that we hate them all.?

TAG: Anyone, Chief.

13. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: Frederic-104

"You'll stick with me in the middle William. Frederick, bring up the rear, and keep a look out for anything attacking from behind. Linda, should you see anything that isn't an immediate threat, would you mind informing us on this channel rather than publicly, I get the feeling some of these guys are a bit Trigger Happy." The cheif ordered into the Spartan Communications Channel, or SCC, before clicking back to public brodcast.

"Everyone, stay together but space enough that you don't shoot each other...we've got along way to go...and a short time to do it in...."

"Understood." Frederic grabbed his Shotgun and made sure it was ready for combat and they moved out. Before long, he began hearing chatter about Covies up front that Linda and the marine would deal with. He began monitoring his motion sensors as they moved into position.

All of a sudden a red blip appeared, snooping around one of the alleys. It was continuing the Covies' mysterious search, and before long, a Grunt popped it's head out of the alley, sniffing around.

WHUMP! The butt of Fred's shotgun shattered the little brat's cranium, spilling its sickening cerulean blood all over the ground. "Chief, word to the wise: A grunt was following us, I think he was alone, but if not, I'll tell you."

Tag: Chief

14. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

New Mombasa- Outskirts

Jack's shot was off. What was suppose to be a head shot became nothing more than that blasted Jackal losing a good amount of blood from his back. The shot penetrated itself between the Jackal's left arm, and going straight out of it's chest.

It was dead, but the shot could've been better.

"Damn it!" Jack said angrily, taking cover behind fallen brick. Three shots were left before he had to re-load. And he still had two Brutes left.

He looked out; this time the remaining four were searching frantically for their un-seen attacker. Jack took this advantage and made a clear shot right through a Brute's head.

And it wasn't a nice sight. Purple and blue goo, or technically blood, splattered the Jackal below him. Unfortunately, this time they caught sight of Jack. His cover was blown.

The large Brute seemed to be contacting something as a Jackal through a Plasma Grenade Jack's way. He had no time to realize if the Brute was calling for re-enforcements as he had to jump down the hole he came in to escape the blast.

Two shots were left before he had to re-load, Adams kept this fresh in his mind. "One Brute and Jackal down." Jack said aloud. "But still one Brute and two Jackal's left," he added. "I like those odds."

As Jack was heading for an open door, or better yet a ripped away wall that could've been a door previously, he was met by the Brute that he had yet to kill.

"Oh Son of a bi-"

Jack was cut off as the Brute activated an Energy Sword and began twirling it in an almost mocking manner. As if he was telling Jack: 'Yeah, you're gonna die. So I'm going to be fancy cause you can't beat me.'

Which sort of pissed Adams off, as it obviously would. He put away his Sniper Rifle and pulled out his Magnum. Jack pulled the trigger, letting out a single shot that hit right on the Brutes forehead. Just above his eyes.

He dropped dead instantly.

Jack muttered a number of curses at the dead body while he was retrieving the Energy Sword. The Sword was at full power. It wouldn't be now before those rat Jackal's had limbs flying everywhere.

15. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    LC David Quest
    Old Mombasa; Rooftop

The Lieutenant Commander confirmed the Spartan's order, and moved up another flight of stairs, and laid down on a cement pad. He was about six or seven feet above Linda, as he focused in on the set of Jackals. The orange-brown skin of the creatures seemed dull against the color of their Beam Rifles, but luckily enough for Quest those bodies would live long enough to use either of the rifles.

David zoomed in on one of the Jackals, and slowly moved over the first ones head. "I've got them marked. Orders?" He questioned.

Tag: DVC, Pheonix

16. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    GM Approved

Name: James (Jim) Zamora
    Race/Nationality: American
    Homeworld: Earth
    Place of Birth: United States
    Specialty: Sniper (good at regular shooting)
    Personality
    ---Traits: Loyal, dedicated, amusing.
    ---Likes: The Army, the Master Chief, his comrades. His country.
    ---Dislikes: All people, creatures, etc who hate him and his country.
    ---Habits: Drinks
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Caucasion
    ---Hair Color: Brown
    ---Eye Color: Brown
    ---Clothing: Standard UNSC uniform
    ---Other Attributes: He is physically fit. Approximately 6 feet in height, and 190 pounds. Has a plethora of war scars.
    Starting Weapons: Battle Rifle
    Biography
    ---Personal History: James was born on Earth 24 standard years ago. His dad was a military commander, and led the army to many victories over foreign soil. At a young age, James learned how to shoot a gun. Fine-tuning his skill with a weapon over the past twenty years, he has become a master behind the scope.

He entered the military at an early age of sixteen, and excelled in many areas. He was enlisted in the sniper group, and made a private first class. After winning a few battles, his rank increased, and is currently a Corporal. He is a very dedicated man and serves only himself, and his country. He is a proud man, and would give his life for what is right.
    ---Military History: Fought in the first major battles against the Covenant and, obviously, survived. He has fought along side the Master Chief numerous times, and had even saved his life. During a heated battle on foreign land, James led a group of soldiers to an outstanding victory, killing over 2oo enemies. He has been awarded many awards, his highest being the Distinquished Service cross.

IC: Corporal James

Corporal James ducked behind a car that had long been annihalated, destroyed by a plasma grenade thrown hours before the Corporal had occupied it. He and his squad, which he had, for the first tim in a long while, had not led, were sent to clear the east side of town, though, it had not worked as planned. They had all died, shot by plasma rifles, blown to pieces by grenades, or sniped out by sniper rifles. The squad leader, Johnson, had been very stupid in his decision making, ordering men to fire instead of taking cover; ordering them to fire instead of lobbing grenades; sending them to attack when they should not have. James wanted to take over so badly, but by the time the squad leader had died, so did everyone else.

Now, he was alone. He was, to his knowledge, the only human within miles. And he was the only human left to secure the east side of town.

Despite those facts, Corporal James would not give up until he, too, was dead. He would fight for his army, for Earth.

James looked over the car assault rifle aimed at the head of the covenant with the sniper, which had overheated in his attempt to kill the lone human. With two perfect shots, the sniper was on the ground, fifty feet from his previous location. Then, he was on the move. With that sniper gone, he was free to move to the next cover position.

From there, he threw a grenade as hard as he possibly could into the window of the nearest building. Ducking, he heard a loud explosion, a furious roar, and mumbled screams of pain as covenant soldiers blew into pieces. Though, he had given away his new position to the sniper far to the east, which was hidden from James' view. He tried to move from his newest cover position to the alley diagonal from him, but a sniper from another position fired at him. How conveniant, thought James. He was trapped now; nowhere to go. If he moved to the left, his head would be blown off. The same for the right. He had better act quickly, or else there would be no humans left to secure the east side...

TAG: All

17. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

New Mombasa- Outskirts

Jack had just decapitated the last of the Jackals, when suddenly a Drone dropped from the air.

"You looking for your friends?" Jack asked. "Their heads are around here somewhere."

The bug eyed him, almost fearfully. The Drone pulled out twin Plasma Rifles, aiming them directly at Jack's direction. Adams still had enough power to handle the Drone. It woudldn't be so hard.

Jack swiftlt sprinted into action, the Drone reacted by unleashing a swarm of blasts at Jack. He acted by using his Energy Sword as a shield of sorts to block the first few shots, though it drained it's power greatly.

Adams threw himself into air, swiping the blade as he landed. Jack had barely missed two shots from the Drones guns. The Covenant soldier stood still for a moment, then he let out a groan from his throat.

The Drone's body split in half as his blood fell everywhere. The Energy Sword made a number of crackle sounds as it flashed, it was dying. The glowing beam disappeared as sparks fluttered away. Jack decided to toss the worthless away, since he obvious wouldn't need it anymore.

Jack started to move but began coughing repeatedly, forcing him down onto his knees, once again blood dripping from his lips. After spitting up the last of it he weakly stood to his feet and took off his helmet.

His eyes had gone blurry. He slowly rubbed them with his index finger and thumb. Finally his vision was clear and he begun walking once more.

Jack didn't feel like putting his helmet back on, so he kept it gripped tightly in his left hand.

18. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005

Fred waited a few moments, expecting reinforcements. They didn't come, he caught back up to the party, just in time to see another red blip, actually, a group of them, coming from behind them.

A grunt was sniffing its fallen comrade, almost looked sad. A few others were crowding the corpse as well. All of a sudden, a low rumbling growl, probably the Covenant equivolent of "Out of my way." could be heard as a large gray hand shoved the Grunts out of its way. The Brute picked up the Grunt corpse in one hand and studied it briefly before shouting "Demon!" It turned towards the team, brandishing the red "Brute Plasma Rifle" in one hand. A slower rate of fire was more than made up for by increased firepower. The grunts armed themselves also with Needlers and Plasma Pistols.

This could be bad, Fred thought. "I got your demon right here," he shouted, his radio on external speakers. He leapt into the space between two blown out buildings, waiting until he was close enough to effectively use his shotgun against the foes, but also hoping to let his MJOLNIR armor take blows that would kill his Marine comrades. He rolled a frag grenade towards the Grunts. It detonated too late, flinging rubble at them from behind. Not quite the diversion Fred was hoping for, but it would have to do. As the Grunts turned to see what had flung the dirt at him, Fred leaped out and fired, sending a cone of high-velocity rounds in the direction of the Brute. He wasn't close enough to do significant damage, but he had eleven shots left.

Tag: Anyone who isn't dealing with the foes in front

(ooc: Let's say 6 or 7 Grunts + the Brute)

19. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    OOC: GM Note
    DVC is going to be away for the next few days, so he has asked me to take over for him until he returns. Expect an update for each character tonight, seeing as I'm in school now :p
    For anyone who is going to be on tonight, check the boards frequently, as I've got the whole night off, and am free to Role Play. Thanks!
    :)

20. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    Alright, here we go Marines! :)

[b][color=blue]SephyCloneNo15, Eme-ma_Himou[/b][/color]
    [blockquote]
    [color=blue]Frederic's shotgun recoiled back, with seven shells left, and five in the Brute laying at his feet. He gave the Brute one more kick in the head, and started to reload, "Blasted Covies." His alarm was signaling a low shield, and sure enough the meter read empty. As he waited for it to refill, he turned back towards the rest of the attack force, and barely managed to dodge a plasma grenade. Frederic dropped and rolled to the left, behind a wall that was jutting out.

The sound of an MA5B Assault Rifle could be heard, and when Fred looked up he could see Will firing strategic bursts into the group of Grunts, who, previously, had been too busy searching for the first Spartan. Fred activated the Spartan Comm System and called out: "Frag Out!"

He Spartan pulled the pin for a grenade and lobbed it around the corner. A cry of "oh no" could be heard from the Grunts on the other side. William fired one more burst into skull of the last Grunt, it's pale blue blood splattering the blackened sidewalk. Frederic stepped up off the ground and walked over to Will.

"Thanks," he nodded to his Comrade.

"No problem," Will replied and started to leave. However he stopped and turned back around, as had Frederic. They both heard the thumping sound, and before long, they saw a Hunter round the corner merely a block away. It's dark blue and orange skin shimmered, and it's gigantic grey shield could be heard dragging on the ground every couple of steps. "Correction," Will said, "One problem."[/color]
    [/blockquote]

[color=blue][b]Tag:[/b] Frederic, Will[/color]

[hr]

[color=blue][b]The Master Chief; Spartan 117, Rayson, Pheonix_Rising[/b][/color]
    [blockquote]
    [color=blue]The two Jackals down the street had opened fire, on an unknown target. "Anybody unfriendly to the Covenant is friendly to us," Quest commented.

Linda could be heard by Quest, communicating with the Master Chief.

"Everyone: Still, weapons ready, but do not fire. I repeat, do not fire until the order is given." John turned back and sent William to help Frederic deal with the inbound Covenant attack from behind. [i]The bastards are everywhere,[/i] John thought to himself. A comm channel opened up from Linda and the Lieutenant Commander on the rooftop, "Sir, the Jackals have opened fire on someone, but it's sure as hell not us. Recommend immediate elimination of potential threat."

"Confirmed, take them out."

Linda waited a few seconds and yelled up to Quest, "It's confirmed, take out the bastards now." He shot four times, one Jackal, two Grunts, and he hit one Brute once. Linda fired and took finished off the Brute, but the other three got behind cover in time.

"Damn, we missed three of the four Brutes. Warning, they are taking cover and heading your way. Over," Linda radioed John.

"Weapons free Marines, do not cross each others vision, and feel free to shoot 'em when you see 'em. We have a confirmed three Brutes heading this way," John turned off his external speakers, and turned on the Spartan channel, "Will, Fred, we've got threats up front, how's the situation back there?"

A few moments later Will and Fred both replied at the same time, "Hunter."

[i]Damn,[/i] John thought, [i]Last thing we need.[/i] He opened up a comm channel upwards again. "Quest, Linda, fall back two rooftops. Quest, try to give Will and Fred a hand out back, they seem to have run into a Hunter. Linda, I want you watching up front, in case the pull the same trump card to turns in a row." As he finished two of the Brutes materalized out in front of the group and charged madly towards them. The Chief let his three grenades fly and dropped the Brute Shot. One of their adversaries was bleeding, and John activated the energy sword.

Quest moved back across the rooftops while reloading, and dropped down into position. He took up aim on the Hunter and marked the orange skin. He fired, but the Hunter turned in time and the shot r

21. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    OOC: The thing that is cool about this is, I have been playing a lot of X-Box live lately, so I am gaining more knowledge in Halo! [face_mischief]

IC: Corporal James Zamora

Corporal James heard the fire of a couple of SRS99C-S2 sniper rifle being fired. It sounded very close, and wondered if he was not the only man in this area...A question formed in his brain: were the covenant snipers dead? "Only one way to find out," he said, rolling out, and back into his hiding spot. He took a chance to see if they were there and could have died. Though, he was not dead, so, obviously, the enemy was down. Good shooting, my friend, he thought.

From his position, the Corporal looked through the scope of his assault rifle. He could see a few dead covenant, and, further down, a platoon of his companions battling it out with a few Brutes. Walking towards their position was another brute. He knew it was time to intervene. Opening up a comm channel, he spoke:

"This is Corporal James Zamora, I repeat, Corporal James Zamora. I'm alone in this God-Forsaken city, and hoping to group with you. Current position is three blocks off of you. A third Brute is located around a corner from your position. I'm engaging." The Corporal prayed they would hear him. Though, he didn't wait for a reply before he began running, jogging, rather, towards the brutes direction, his assult rifle aimed at the ready.

After a few seconds, a voice that made his whole day seem better responded. "Corporal, this is Master Chief Petty Officer, Spartan 117. Affirmative, fire at will." He grinned a little inside. It was always good to hear the Master Chiefs voice, even if you were about to die. It always meant the the day would be won.

"Copy that," he responded. James stood at least one hundred feet away from the brute so he could get a clear shot. Aiming through his scopes, he let off a load of bullets in his direction, which, to his trained eye, seemed perfectly shot. However, Brutes were vicious enemies, and could very well defeat him from that distance. He better be careful. For backup, he had grabbed ahold of an energy pistol from a fallen Covenant earlier, and would charge it up before firing at it. That way, the creature would lose it's shield. Then, he would unleash another volley from his assault rifle. A glorious day it will be.

TAG: Rayson

22. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005

"Correction," Will said, "One problem."

Fred looked at the blue and orange behemoth. It wasn't so much the Hunter that worried him, but rather the knowledge that they always came in pairs. "Will, you take care of that one, I'll look for the other. Last thing we need is a hidden Hunter shooting a Fuel Rod at our backs."

Fred dashed into the alley and waited for his shields to recharge. When they were half-full, he made a break for the corner where the Hunter had approached from, again diving to cover just as the Hunter stopped to look for him.

Tag: Will

23. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    IC: Will

"Good call!" Will yelled as he watched the other Spartan run into an alley.

As he rolled out of the Hunter's way, he could not help but feel a sense of brotherliness with Fred. But it wasn't just Fred, it was John and Linda as well.

They grew up together: they were brothers and sisters.

Before the Hunter could shoot out another Fuel Rod blast, a sniper shot resonated off its shield, smoke drifting through the air showed the line.

Thank you, Quest!

William hoped that, before long, he would consider the humans with the same tone with which he felt with the Spartans.

Taking out both magnums and attaching them to his magnetic palms, William could see two huds appear in his helmet, showing the exact amount of rounds he had left. Where would he be without MJOLNIR?

Using the momentum from his roll, William ran around towards the other side of the Hunter, hoping that it would get confused with its quarry suddenly moving around.

Knowing he had a better shot at this, William started launching pistol shot after pistol shot at the Hunter's exposed back.

TAG: Fred, Quest, Hunter #1

24. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    Rayson, Eme-ma_Himou

The Hunter in the roadway spun much more quickly than William had been expecting it too, and the dull metal shield was soon upon him, in a vicious attack. Will jumped quick to the right but the beast proved to be too quick even for the Spartan's increased speed, and caught him full in the ribs. The alarm blared in the Spartan's ears as he was thrown voraciously in the concrete wall.

William hit the ground with a thud, and tried to move before the behemoth could smash him to bits. He watched the shield come down and tried to roll away. He cried out in horror as he realized his fate was to perish.

The sound of the sniper cut the air, and the beast fell, it's shield crashing to the ground slightly above Will's head, staring him in the face. He jumped up, backed away, and shot the bugger twice more. The Hunter didn't move.

Tag: William

Haha, I hate to rain on your parade nemisis, but Brutes don't have shields [face_wink]

[b]SephyCloneNo15, darth_nemisis[/b]
    [blockquote]
    [color=blue]Frederic was following the second Hunter he had located closely, staying behind cover, and staying as quiet as possible. His trigger finger was itching, but he'd have to get close enough to use his knife or shotgun. Suddenly his target turned, and he was forced to wait behind some boxes, until the Hunter was far enough for the Spartan to find some more cover.

Before long Fred heard a large crashing sound, and dashed around the corner to see what it was. Shrapnel and wood lay scattered around the entire area. The Hunter decided to make his own entrace onto the roadway where his comrades were located. Frederic rushed out into the roadway, and turned in the direction of the Master Chief and the rest of the Marines. A Marine was wedged up in a corner, and the Hunter was closing in on him fast.

Zamora turned to face the hunter, and opened fire, but it didn't help. The Hunter was running with it's shield up front, and directly at the Corporal. Behind it Frederic was running as fast as he could to catch up, but he feared he wouldn't be able to help the Corporal in time. [/color][/blockquote]

[b]Tag:[/b] James Zamorra, Frederic

[hr]

[b]The Master Chief; Spartan 117, Pheonix Rising [/b]
    [blockquote]
    [color=blue]The second hunter had come from the front, just as the Master Chief predicted it would. However, from the looks of things the Corporal didn't have much chance against it. Fred was running behind the Hunter as quickly as he could. [i]He's no Kelly,[/i] John thought, as he remembered his friends, long past.

The Spartan activated his Comm Channel with the Spartans, and spoke briefly, "Linda, take out that Hunter. Now. I don't want to lose anyone else if I don't have to.[/color]
    [/blockquote]

[b]Tag:[/b] Linda

[hr]

I'm afraid I'm done for tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow [face_happy]

25. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005

"Linda, take out that Hunter. Now. I don't want to lose anyone else if I don't have to," Fred heard the chief order.

Over my dead body, Linda, He thought pressing himself to run faster, but the Hunter's charge was a major evolutionary accomplishment. Their momentum seemed to be ever increasing, and yet they could stop almost instantly. Fred had one chance if he didn't want to surrender his kill to Linda. He grabbed his black knife, and with a simple flick of his wrist, he hurled it towards the exposed neck of the Hunter.

Tag: GM-type person, Linda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.