main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Happy Halloween! 2008

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Well... sorry for not having a Star Wars Halloween this year... :( ... I think I may next year, cause I love it so much!

Here's this years pumpkin... won a prize at work today for it! sweet!

[image=http://www.sg16.ca/temp/2008-10-30_HPIM3365_Pumpkin-Pi-sm.jpg]

Mmmmmm... Pumpkin Pi!!!

2. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I ended up not doing much for Halloween this year other than wearing an orange shirt to work.

Can't eat the candy because I'm on a training regimen and that stuff is strictly off limits (or to put it a better way, it's not worth it when I am only supposed to be "cheating" once a week)
    Didn't go to any parties because I have a freelance gig that is eating up all my free time.
    Didn't even think about a costume for the same reason.

But at least I took 13 minutes to watch this today.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Sabrina

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    In New Orleans now and Halloween is insane. Probably second to Mardis Gras for the number of people here.

The party area is about 6 square bocks of people in costume. Most are not great but the sheer volume is incredible. Almost any costume you can think of is here. On the plus side you can walk the streets with Alcohol

I saw only one scout trooper and Jango. No Jed with MR FX sabers and no Stormtroopers. Then again it is packed like sardines so I don't know if people want to walk around and risk damaging their costumes.

4. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Sabrina, you should always take a break for Halloween! it's the only real holiday! lol ...

Alex, DUDE! that sounds both awesome and incredibly intimidating to me! All those people in one place - AHHH!!! Most 501st costume have restraicted viewing and movement, I'd think that'd be why they do not represent... but no Jedi?!? Maybe too hot in all them bathrobes?? hehe

My Horror Halloween went well. With many kids being to scared to come up for their candy. Everyone thought the "guy" in Troys electric chair was real, and they were all to afraid to go near him! Little girls would dare each other to go up and touch him. Too Funny! not included those that passed by, there were about 200 kids that came by. bMy own girls were afraid of me... lol ... wish I could have had my picture taken with them (Cheer Bear and Butterfly), but they only came over for about 4 minutes before leaving... Next year they get to help me! :D

5. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    The subway on Halloween is interesting. :p Its clear that most people don't bother trying with their costume and buy whatever the thrift store has as cheap as possible, while others go all out. The giant killer robots were clearly the best. :p

6. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    I attended the special Silver Snail event on the 31st. It was a neat blend of old and new school costumes with a few Stormtroppers thrown in. Some great prizes for costumes and trivia questions which I am happy to say I won a few.

7. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    That's cool! I had a few friends at that party. The pictures looked good.

What was the prize you won?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.