main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy Halloween!

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Rogue_Eleven, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Eleven

Rogue_Eleven Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2002
    Well, the board (for me, at least) seems to be on Pacific time, but it's Halloween for those of us here in Wisconsin. Anybody have any big plans?

Eat lots of candy and give your dentist a heart attack!! :D

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Happy Halloween!!!

I used to work with the Illinois Dental Board.... they would bring all sorts of candy to their meetings around Halloween. 8-}

~H~

3. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    BOO!
    To night we haunt,
    tonight we dance.
    The ghost at the door
    might be me by chance.
    So feed me well.
    Feed me nice.
    Or else I'll haunt you...
    That's the price.

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I love this holiday. Vindictive and vengeful children are so cute.

5. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    *maniacal laugh here*
    This year I had the most fun I've had since I stopped trick-or-treating in 8th Grade. Despite two SAT IIs looming 12 hours away and a 4,000 word paper due Monday, I decided to have some fun handing out candy this year.
    Now, in past years, this has meant wearing a Boba Fett mask or jumping out of the bushes. Yawn.
    But this year was so much better. First of all, I set up my stereo right by the door and cued the shower murder scene from "Psycho" every time I opened the door. Great mood. But the best part was my arrangement of lights. My brother was in his room, my mom in my parents' room, and my dad in the dining room. I was at the front door. Whenever I saw kids walking up to the door (or across the street... wherever) I got my entire family to start flicking the lightswitches where they were. It was amazing. I got compliments all night for such a simple little thing, and I even scared some kids back when the blinking started up suddenly.

6. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I knew I should have come and trick-or-treated in your neighborhood. As it was, despite people's opinions, 18 is NOT too old to go trick-or-treating. As long as you're in costume, it shouldn't matter. :)

(On a completely different note: You need to come hang out with the library crew sometime, BP. We miss you.)

7. Rogue_Eleven

Rogue_Eleven Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2002
    I went trick-or-treating all through high school. I didn't feel too bad about it, since my best friend and I both went together... but now that I think about it, it might have been a little silly... Nah. ;)

I just went out to Applebees in costume and helped hand out candy at a friends house. We came back here and watched scary movies into the wee hours of the morning, and it was a great time. Halloween rocks, man.

8. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Did you all see Alien at Ridge over Halloween? I did--and it scared me as much as it did decades ago :)

9. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    [image=http://www.all-about-tom.com/photos/images/Halloween03.jpg]

10. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Jenny- I wanted to go see Alien in the theater again too. That movie scares the pants off of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.