main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by James3, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    2010! That's right folks! Out with the old, in with the new.

Anyone have any goals for the year? We are going with breaking bad habits.

Happy New Year Everyone.

2. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, I think we should try to get these boards back up & runnin. I always enjoyed the Star Wars only theme. After all, its what brought into the group and the reason why I met many of you, oh, four years or so ago now! Wishing everyone a happy new year! As far as personal stuff, well, I gained 10 lbs between Thanksgiving and now so I'm going on a diet, getting a little more exercise and gonna try to bring my cholesterol (sic) down to around 200 by eating more oatmeal. That kinda stuff is what I wanna work on. Havent even looked at the smoke yet!

3. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    WOW! =D= I know puttin' down the smokes is a tough one. Did that myself just about ten years ago.
    Oatmeal and Honey Nut Cheerios, sounds like we both got a lecture from the doc huh? ;)

4. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Morelike a lecture from Doc Wife! Seriously, we sat down to salad last night and I've never been much of a salad fan. I guess thats one of the reasons I need to change my eating habits. More fruit & veggies are on tap. For years, I've had this nasty habit of eating after 9pm also. I'll eat stuff like two bowls of froot loops or seven or eight handfuls of Doritos
    or a half pound of bacon (no, just kidding on the bacon). Need to change that bad habit and stop the late night eats.

5. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Right on! I have a heck of a time with the candy in the evening. Julie calls it the crap candy but man I enjoy those Swedish Fish, JuJu Bees, JuJu Fruits, Dots, Mike & Ike etc. any of those super chewy candies man.

Dang! Now I want some.

6. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Down boy! Step away from the candy dish! I'm hoping the New Year brings us an influx of great star wars stuff. In particular, I'm hoping they announce a little more about whats going on with the live action series. It looks to me like CV would be as good as place as any to announce something like that.

7. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    That would be a great way to introduce the new show. I assume they are still planning on doing it. I am really curious to see what direction it goes as for the target audience.

8. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Yeah me too but I'm not sure how much we'll get on it as I believe ol George is ramping up the machine to promote his movie Red Tails about that black fighter squadron in WWII. I like history so I'm sure I'll like that movie but CV will be interesting to see if they announce anything. A lot of those B grade actors in the original movies, heck I dont know if they can even make it as most of them seem to be getting old with health issues. If they do (Baker, Prowse come to mind) it may be the last time we see them.

9. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I have no doubt that if they went for another group of actors for the characters that would cause a stir. If GL does anything that is different from the books that have been rolling along forever that will create a stir.

It's a no win deal.

10. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Ah heck, I've only ever been interested in the movies anyway. But in 2011 I think it is, we come to the 20th anniversary of of the Thrawn Trilogy that Timothy Zahn wrote so maybe something interesting will come of that.

11. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    Hope so that was my favorite set of books.

12. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Welcome aboard Alewolf and happy new year!

13. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Welcome Alewolf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.