main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy Stuff Venting Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by cyodarun, Aug 30, 2003.

1. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    It is raining like a big dog out here......and I just poured a delightful glass of wine.....

And..... I got to "putz" around in my garage and basement all day today......uninterupted!!!!!

And......I thought we needed a happy venting thread to compete with the plazma venting one :D

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Nice idea... And I have to concur on the rain :)

Maybe on Monday I'll have something else nice to say :p

3. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Here's one fer ya......and a shocker to be sure!

I have been considering for some time getting an M35 military 2.5 ton truck from gov surplus for snow duty and work around the property......well, lo and behold, my wife, "Margo the Conservative", comes to me and says, "Now that we've got a lower rate on the house, and we've both got new jobs with better pay, I think you should trade in your old Explorer & get a new truck with a good warranty...whatever truck you think is necessary for the snow, work around the property, ect."

NOW.....that's not an exact quote, but it is startlingly accurate! Here's the real jist.....I swore I wouldn't pay big bucks for any new truck since none of them could hold a candle to the loadout of an M35.....until I saw the specs on the 2003 HO Diesel Dodge Ram dually with the low gears, auto trans, 4WD, and coolin' up the ying-yang!!! This 'lil bugger can tow 10000lbs WITH, get this, 5000lbs in the bed.....that's more than an M35.....4000lbs more!!!!

SSsssssooooo, I gets the monster truck(in silver), pay the big bucks, and drive it home expectin' to get read the riot act for going to the max. Margo takes one look at it, says how pretty it is, asks how much it was, winces a little, and then says "Is it the truck you really wanted?"......to which I reply, yes, it's the only truck out there that is more powerful than an M35. Then she gives me a big hug and says "Well, you've worked so hard for so long, you deserve a good truck."

And that........was a direct quote. Can you believe it?! I'm blessed.

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    If I were you, I'd do some serious "towing of the line" in order to keep her happy... You've got a real winner there ;)

You do know that old saying, right? "If Momma ain't happy... Ain't nobody happy!" [face_laugh]

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I wanted to make a thread like this awhile back, but I couldn't think of a title to use, lol.

Classes are looking great for this semester. I think the teacher is a huge geek and maybe a bit of a SW nerd, so it should be fun. He's been showing film stuff for the start of it and I've been more than earning my "300 pts for participation" with feedback, lol. The after effects class is going to be outstanding. It looks like I'll learn so much about the program that will help me with the fanfilm, and since I have the program at home I'll be able to do a lot of the projects without going in to the lab (unless I need to use something on the production bundle that I don't have on my version of AE).

I start nights tomorrow night, which sucks for doing stuff in the day, but it's good for saving money and not having to do jack squat at work (which I thoroughly enjoy). Plus I'll get SO much more sleep during the week this way.

Cable is friggin awesome. I did nothing today but sleep and watch college football. It was like heaven (except in a messy dormroom). Tonight I had pizza and beer for dinner...which is the PERFECT match for watching college football.

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    DragonCon on vacation, pretty much says it all :)

7. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Actually, ZOO, I think our household is the other way around...FLOL! I had already gotten her an XJ-12 Jaguar and the "end-all" food processor she always wanted.....maybe she felt it was my turn! Either way, I'm a pretty happy camper & I think she is, too.

8. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Tim, that totally rules.

I came into this thread to say.... basically.....
    I am really enjoying this weekend. :)

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    JD, which game were you watching? Nothing about the cowboys? :D

Well yesterday I was asked to make a wedding dress for a coworker. I'm pretty excited. This will be my first really big project that I will professionally do. I mean I did stuff with costumes and stuff... but this is something that will cost a ton more and be really tricky to make. :D

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Cowboys? Yes, the Nebraska/OK State game was FRIGGIN GREAT....oh, you meant Wyoming? [face_laugh]

no, I don't believe they had a televised game yesterday. There were too many good teams playing (even K-State...ranked 5th in the nation...didn't get a televised game, but they were playing Troy state, so watching that would be like watching to see if a ball drops when let go...it was inevitable) :D

11. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    ah, i gotta agree with JD there...

pizza and beer was perfect for college football, even if ur team loses, cause by the end of the game, ur drunk!

12. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    We got a contract on the Townhouse yesterday :D Happy Dance!!!!! and she wants to close ASAP! Can you say before vacation please!

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Awesome!!!!!!!! :)

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    All praise the wonderful Cyodarun!

Not only did she generously give me packing boxes and bubblewrap, but after a long, stressful day, she handed me a delicious glass of wine and sat me on her porch to visit and relax for a while. By the time the rain hit and I started home, I was able to make it home without exploding into a puff of stress.

*bow* Thank you, Cyodarun - you're so nice!! :)

15. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    lets see...

i had this dream that i was gonna skip class today to go skiing... yet the mountains had no snow, so i decided to give it a day, and skip tomorrow too... which isnt good, cause i got a computer programming quiz today...

but i end up ditching with a friend of mine (she dont even go to this school either, weird), and we call the air force because we want to ride along in a plane... but we only get to ride in a cessna... but we decide to go skydiving or something, and we end up on this volcano place... its weird because its all frozen... and so we carefully hike down to the crater and decide to ski through this crack in the wall... its real icy, but at the end, theres a 40 foot drop... so we ski off of it and land in a deep recess of water... and we all think its fun... then we find out that evil villains are living in the volcano, so they take us and a bunch of other kids hostage. but me and my friend break away by going off the cliff thing again and swimming our way to "freedom." actually we realize we'll be okay when we see the air force (?) in this little bunker waiting to ambush the evil villains... when we ask why they came, they said they received a phone call from one of us a few days prior to that (when i tried to call to get a ride-along in a plane)... so they figured it was a distress signal... then the villains call and they order them to come out and surrender... while this is going on, me and my friend run around all happy cause we'll be free... and we slip and i almost end up falling off a 300 foot cliff down to the ocean... phew that was close... then the villains army comes out, which is made up of like 10 year old kids... they surrender, and i order them to give me their cigars so i can celebrate my freedom.

the end.

16. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Well...this starts off connected to a negative vent that I won't do here, but the upside that after having been shuffled around in the last internal re-org to a group that doesn't know what they're doing and can't give me any help, I found out yesterday that they're moving me to a team where I'm SUPPOSED to be...or at least closer to where I'm supposed to be than now, possibly even to our Engineering group where I'll be amongst fellow geeks instead of sub-wannabe-business-oriented-pseudo-geeks that still have yet to figure out what the ominous bright red stapler on top of my monitor is doing.

I just have to stick it out until that happens...which should be in the next month or so. It's gonna be a long month, but it'll pay off. :)

17. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    We got our patio furniture today :) Yippee, no more camping table!!!!

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks to SS, I now know what a 401-k is, beyond something my workplace uses to confuse me. Or, as he put it, the excuse your parents used when you were young for why there wasn't money for a new Star Wars toy!

19. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    401-k was also the designation of the first clonetrooper...

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Until it was replaced by the updated 403b model...

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Which, as everyone knows, was equipped with the superior 72(t) blaster rifle...

22. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    tim , thats so cool . just let me know when you are comming to the city and what route . i want to be out of he way !

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    is it a swingline stapler?

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    A red one ;)

25. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    -=mummbles=- "And then I told him it was my stapler, the new ones jam up too much. If he comes to take my stapler away I'm just going to have to burn down the building."