main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH (HP/SW OT-era crossover) Completed 6/16 Survey up 6/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheProphetOfSullust, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    Title: Harry Potter and the Dark Lord of the Sith
    Author: TheProphetOfSullust
    Timeframe: Middle of ANH - end of ROTJ for SW, 7th year at Hogwarts for HP
    Characters: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Luke, Leia, Han, Wedge, etc, etc.
    Genre: Crossover, adventure, some romance
    Keywords: Crossover, Harry Potter
    Summary: Harry, Ron and Hermione get transferred into the GFFA and can't get back.

Notes:
    The first... oh, 2/3, or so, of this story have been written and posted before the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and most of that was also written before the release of Revenge of the Sith. While ROTS didn't present significant contradictions, HBP did. However, since most of the story takes place in the SW universe, only a small portion would have to be rewritten to make it fit.

The two obvious options available were to simply declare the story AU, or to rewrite everything to fit in with HBP. But I found that I would have significant trouble continuing writing in this AU (for example, it would be difficult to write as if Dumbledore was still alive). On the other hand, changing everything would enourmously weaken the lead-in chapter.

So the solution: an HP AU such that I don't have to rewrite the first chapter, but that I don't have to continue with HPB contradictions, either.

Dumbledore still dies, but either it isn't Snape that kills him, or Harry doesn't witness it and can't prove it. Snape vouches that Malfoy was acting under the Imperius Curse, allowing him to stay at Hogwarts. Snape is still a teacher. McGonagall is the new headmistress. In his seventh year, Harry is dating Ginny, and Neville is dating Luna.

Snape returns to Voldemort (or seems to), but it happens after the trio's crossover.

The issue of horcruxes will be resolved, but since that is in the parts of the story yet to be posted, nothing will be said here.

Other notes:
    Most of my posts will be in black text -- story posts, replies to feedback, my own comments, etc. Here is what other colors mean:

Red text signifies story and thread announcements (starting today -- I'm not going back through the thread to recolor the stuff.)

Green text signifies parts of the story that contradict HBP, but which have been rewritten.

Blue text signifies the rewrites of parts of the story to fit in with HBP.

Purple text signifies the parts of the story that contradict HBP, but which have not been rewritten -- in other words, the parts in which the HP AU I created plays a role.

Disclaimer: Star Wars is George Lucas', Harry Potter is J.K. Rowling's. This is for entertainment purposes only.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm interested, as long as it's not the traditional "Sirius/Leia get it on" fic.

3. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    It's not. This is their 7th year, Sirius is dead.

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Cool, bring it on.

5. jmenk421

jmenk421 Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    "I used to bullseye wamp rats on my Firebolt back home, and they're not much bigger than three meters."

6. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Sounds cool to me. I haven't ever read a crossover with HP and Star Wars. It might be interesting.

7. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    jmenk421: two meters. (Unless you remember that and want to imply something).

OK, here goes. This is my first attempt at writing stories in either HP or SW universe, and the first time I put my stories in public. I welcome any and all constructive criticism.

The story starts in the afternoon on Christmas day in Harry, Ron and Hermione's 7th year.

Next post: chapter 1.

8. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    HARRY POTTER AND THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH

Chapter 1.

?You want to do what??

?Come on, Harry. I haven?t been on a broomstick since that flying lesson we had in our first year. I want to see what?s it?s like. I?m not seeking to replace you two on the Quidditch team.?

?That?s not what I was thinking,? said Harry. And it wasn?t. Somehow, he felt this wasn?t going to turn out well. He didn?t know what that meant. Perhaps, he mused, I?m just afraid Hermione will break my Firebolt. That was unfair. He has put his broomstick through much greater scrapes than anything Hermione was likely to try. ?Why not,? he said. ?We don?t have much else to do.?

Ron and Harry got their broomsticks, and the three left for the Quidditch field.

On the way there, they were interrupted twice. On the second floor, they bumped into Professor Snape, who looked even more sour than usual. The bottom of his robes was wet and muddy. He was clearly in a bad mood, and was going to berate anyone he could.

?Mr. Potter. Mr. Weasley. Miss Granger. What could you be doing here on Christmas day??

?We?re just going to practice flying on the Quidditch field, Professor,? said Ron, trying to put the anger out of his voice so Snape wouldn?t notice and give him detention for being disrespectful.

?I see,? quietly said Snape. ?In the corridors, broomsticks are to be carried on the shoulder, not swing around like clubs, Mr. Weasley. Five points from Gryffindor.? With that, Snape marched off. No one dared to look to see where he went.

In the courtyard, they were interrupted a second time. Neville Longbottom was walking back to the castle, but as soon as he saw them, he ran up to them.

?Hi, Neville,? said Harry.

Neville opened his mouth, but no voice came out. He moved his hand as if he was swinging a wand, pointed to himself, shook his head in a negative gesture, and finally opened his mouth a few times. He had to do this several times until Ron exclaimed:

?I got it! Someone made Neville mute by magic!?

?Someone,? said Harry. ?Three guesses who.?

?Oh, Neville,? said Hermione. She got out her wand and said ?Sonorus!? Neville breathed an enormous sigh of relief.

?Thanks,? he said. ?Malfoy said that he was doing me a favor, since I?d sound more intelligent this way. I tried to fight him, but his spell got there first. Can I come with you? I?m afraid to go in there alone. What if I run into Malfoy again??

?Sure, no problem,? said Ron. ?Hermione was going to try flying.?

?Hermione?? Neville was stunned.

?Yeah, I am,? she said. ?I just want to know how it feels. It could also be useful.?

?Yeah,? Neville muttered. ?I was just?surprised.? Like Hermione, Neville flew on a broomstick once in his life. He paid for that experience with a broken wrist.

?Well, come on,? said Harry. The four arrived on the empty Quidditch field. Neville immediately sat down on the stands.

?I better try to fly alone at first,? said Hermione. ?That way, if I fall, you might try to do something about it. Levitate me, or something. Here goes!? With that, she got on the Firebolt and prepared to kick off.

?I have a bad feeling about this,? whispered Ron, making sure Harry heard him, but Hermione didn?t.

Harry said nothing.

9. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    The rest of chapter 1 is coming this evening.

10. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I'm curious to see how this connects with SW :) Post more soon!

11. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    The usual way crossovers happen, AL.

12. Geith_Jiseo

Geith_Jiseo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Cool crossover idea! I love Harry Potter, and I can't wait to see where you take this story. :)

13. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    The conclusion of Chapter one is in the next post. While the SW universe doesn't appear yet, you'll get the idea what happened.

14. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Hermione kicked, and the Firebolt launched into the air like a missile. She made a small circle around the boys, and then leaned forward and speeded off towards the end of the field. Harry gasped. Is she in control? he thought. But she was. Making a tight turn around the goalposts, she leaned back and began flying up.

?Look at that,? said Ron. ?Is she not afraid at all? She must be four hundred feet in the air by now.?

?I?ve rarely flown that high during Quidditch,? said Harry, and looked behind him. Neville was white-faced.

?Hermione!? yelled Ron. ?Come back!?

?She can?t hear you from up there.?

But she did. Hermione leaned forward on the Firebolt to go down.

And vanished.

?Hermione!? screamed Neville. ?What happened??

?I don?t know,? said Harry. ?She is simply...gone.?

?Could she have ap?? Ron caught himself. ?Right. You can?t apparate out of Hogwarts, she has been drilling that into us for six years. But then, where IS she??

?I believe I?m the only student here who has an invisibility cloak,? said Harry. ?And mine is right here with me, so we know it?s not that. Anyway, we would see her put it on. She wouldn?t vanish completely at once.?

?Could this be You-Know-Who trying something?? Neville said, trembling as he spoke.

?Voldemort? But if it is? Ron, give me your broomstick,? said Harry.

?What?? Ron blinked. ?Why??

?I?m going after her.?

?Where??

?Where we last saw her.? Harry pointed up. ?Perhaps it was some sort of portal up there, and I can go through.?

?Hey, I?m coming with you.?

Harry looked at Ron?s Cleansweep Seven. ?Will your broom hold two people??

?I think so. It?s not as good as the Firebolt, but we?re not going far?at least not by broomstick.?

?I?m coming too!? Neville sounded desperate.

?Sorry, Neville,? said Harry. ?Three people are definitely too much for this broom to handle.?

?But Malfoy??

?Take away his wand. Expelliarmus, remember,? advised Ron.

?Oh, and Neville,? Harry concluded, ?If we aren?t back by morning, go straight to McGonagall and tell her what happened.?

?Uh? I will. Good luck.?

?Thanks, Neville.? With that, Harry kicked and took off, with Ron sitting behind him. Harry headed for the spot where Hermione disappeared. Neville looked up. Just like Hermione, they were gone.

?Well, if isn?t Mr. Brainless himself,? said an all-too-familiar voice behind him.

?Malfoy!? Neville nearly collapsed. He saw everything, he thought.

?Oh, you got your voice back? Well, like I said last time, it?s not an improvement. And that problem is fixable.? With that, Malfoy reached for his wand.

?Expelliarmus!? yelled Neville, whipping out his own wand. Malfoy?s wand flew right into Neville?s hand. Neville looked at it, not believing what happened.

?Stupefy!? said a new voice, and Neville fell.

?Thanks, Crabbe,? Malfoy smiled. ?The idiot forgot there was more than one of us. Now,? he said, taking his wand out of Neville?s hand, ?let?s just leave him here in the snow for the night. That should teach him.? The three Slytherins headed back to the castle.

15. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Ah! I think I see now ;)
    Wonder where they will come out? man need MORE!! *is fanfic deprived*

16. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Ok, I've finished Chapter 2, and will put it up in the next post. Your questions will be answered, AL.

17. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Nice idea! Can't wait to see where it goes.

*waits for more*

18. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 2.

It was completely dark.

It was also very hot.

Harry was lying on his back, head leaning against a hard wall that felt like metal. His legs were pushing something soft, and something like a body was lying across his stomach on top of him. He was still holding the broomstick in one hand. He let it go. It made no noise when it fell, but it did produce a response.

?Ow!? said Ron. ?What was that??

?Sorry, Ron. Where are we??

?What are you two doing here?? asked Hermione, getting off Harry.

?We came after you,? said Ron. ?You just vanished into thin air.?

?How long have you been here?? Harry asked, thinking.

?Thirty seconds, no more? unless I was unconscious.?

?That?s strange. It was at least ten minutes before we went after you.?

?Let?s take a look around,? Ron said. ?Lumos!?

Ron?s wand lighted up. The three were in a room that was roughly cubical, seven feet on each side. On one side, there appeared to be a door, although there was no knob of any sort, just an indentation and a wall of different color. From the opposite wall there extended a grey metal slab, probably meant to be a couch, although there were no pillows or anything else to make it comfortable. It was the most un-magical place one could imagine.

Harry took off his winter cloak and folded it. ?Ugh,? he said. ?Wherever we are, it is not winter here.? The rest followed suit. ?Wait a second,? said Hermione. She took Harry and Ron?s cloaks, put them on the couch, and then picked up the two broomsticks (fortunately, neither had broken) and put them next to the cloaks. She then wrapped everything in her own cloak, and got out her wand.

?Reducio!? she said, and the package shrunk to about three inches long. Hermione put it in her pocket.

?Now,? Ron spoke up, but before he could finish, the lights came on, bright enough to hurt the eyes.

?Something is happening.? Ron sounded worried.

?We?re in a prison cell.? Hermione looked at Harry.

?Quick! Get under my cloak!? he said. They covered themselves with the invisibility cloak, huddled against a wall and made their breathing quiet. They barely did it in time, but they had. Practice, Harry smiled. They had lots of that. Then the smile vanished from his face. Have we been noticed? he thought. Are they coming for us?

The door opened unlike any magic or Muggle door Harry had ever seen: by retracting into the ceiling. The opening took less than a second. A young woman dressed in white stood in the doorway. Her dark brown hair was made into buns at the sides of her heard. She appeared to be only a few years older than Harry and his friends, but her eyes revealed many troubling experiences. Her face barely moved, and Harry realized she was in shock. The look was similar to the way Mrs. Weasley looked two years ago, when a boggart appeared to her in the form of dead bodies of her children. Something happened just now, Harry thought. Something bad.

Behind the woman stood two human-shaped figures in shiny white armor plates, black underclothes, and skull-like helmets. They held short, odd-looking, black guns. That was all Harry had time to notice, since the armored figures shoved the woman into the cell and shut the door. It closed even faster than it opened.

?Let?s show ourselves,? whispered Hermione. She was very quiet, but the woman heard and stared into the spot where the three young wizards stood.

?Hello,? Harry said, taking off the invisibility cloak and folding it. The woman opened her mouth in surprise. ?Who are you? What are you doing here?? she demanded.

?We?re students at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,? said Hermione. ?I?m Hermione Granger, this,? she pointed to Ron, ?is Ron Weasley,??

?Hi,? said Ron.

??and this is??

?Harry Potter,? said Harry. The woman nodded, and Harry was pleased that for once, his name was not instantly recognized.

??and we can?t be doing anything here,? continued Hermione, ?since we don?t know where we are. We simply appeared in t

19. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    *jumps up and down*

More? more? I love it!

Nice work!

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ha, so Hermione's not so invincible any more! Great twist.

21. Geith_Jiseo

Dec 26, 2004
  22. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I do hope, from your working title, that you plan on including Darth Vader in this one! I'm really looking forward to seeing where you take it. You're already off to a great start. Loved the bit with Malfoy & Neville - very believable and in character for both.

I did a HP/SW scene once for a crossover challenge. It wasn't all that good, but I really enjoyed doing it. Glad to see someone else approaching the concept. There are quite a few HP fans on the boards.

23. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Sorry to keep you waiting.

Darth Ishtar: Hermione was never really invincible. In fact, until the end of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry was practically invincible.

Reihla: As I said, this is a work in progress. However, I usually come up with the title when I finish the story. If it turns out the title doesn't fit the story, I'll change it.

Can you please give me a link to your crossover? It might give me some ideas.

Next post...the story continues.

24. TheProphetOfSullust

Dec 10, 2003
    Chapter 3.

Harry couldn?t say how much time had passed, but he was beginning to feel hungry. They already had told Leia their story, and were discussing how they might get back, when the door opened once more.

Within moments, Harry pointed his wand at the white-armored figure standing outside. ?Don?t move,? he said.

?Huh?? the figure was looking around.

?Aren?t you a little short for a stormtrooper??

?What? Oh, the uniform.? The figure took off its helmet. Underneath was a young man, about Leia?s age, but unlike Leia?s, his face has been worn by the weather. He had short blond hair, which had been pressed to his head by the helmet. And now, after Leia said it, Harry noticed that he indeed looked too short for the armor suit he wore.

?I?m Luke Skywalker, I?m here to rescue you? Princess Leia?? he said, looking skeptically at Harry and his friends. Harry kept his wand raised. ?You?re not alone?? he blurted out.

?You?re who?? Leia asked, impatiently.

?I?m here to rescue you. I?ve got your R2 unit. I?m here with Ben Kenobi!?

?Ben Kenobi! Where is he?? Leia?s look of acceptance was gone, replaced with resolve.

?C?mon!? Luke yelled.

?It?s all right,? said Leia, looking at the trio. ?They?re on our side.?

They followed Leia outside, which wasn?t really outside, but a very long corridor, seemingly endless. Luke began to run towards one of the ends, when a new voice rang out.

?Chewie!? this new voice screamed. It was followed by a growl that sounded like a troll that Harry and Ron had to fight in their first year.

?Get behind me! Get behind me!? the voice was frantic.

Then came the explosion, and new sounds, somewhat like impacts on metal that didn?t resonate. Bright red streaks of light streaked out towards them. Then a man came out of the smoke, followed by an eight foot tall, bipedal, furry, bearlike creature. The man, like Luke, was dressed in stormtrooper armor without a helmet. He was older and taller than Luke, had hair a somewhat lighter shade of brown than Leia?s, and even now, his facial expression was an odd mixture of fear and confidence. He raised his eyebrow.

?I thought we were just rescuing the Princess,? he grumbled.

?They were in her cell, Han,? said Luke, firing his blaster at the stormtroopers as he spoke. Chewie growled something.

Han fired. A stormtrooper fell. ?There?s too many of them!? he yelled.

?You cut off our escape route!? Leia was angry.

?Maybe you?d like it better back in your cell, your Highness, with your three,? he spat the word out, ?friends.?

?Harry looked out into the corridor and raised his wand. ?Accio blaster!? he shouted. The lead stormtrooper?s blaster rifle flew out of his hands. Harry caught it. As the stormtrooper stared at his hands in disbelief, Han shot him. ?Here,? Harry tossed the gun to Leia. ?You?re the only one without weapons.?

?Thanks,? Leia smiled and fired the gun. Another stormtrooper fell.

?Accio!? this was Ron. He caught another blaster rifle, although he couldn?t see the stormtrooper it came from because of smoke. Ron fired, but couldn?t see what effect that shot had.

Chewbacca made another growl.

?I know they?re still coming,? Han spat. ?It sucks to be in this position.? He fired several bolts down the hallway. Either we cling to the walls and let them approach or we stand up and risk getting killed. Some choice.?

Suddenly, Hermione beamed. ?Harry, do you think the shield charm will stop these bolts??

?I don?t know. I?ll try.? Harry thrust his wand forward. ?Protego!? he said.

The bolts flashed their explosions in midair and vanished.

?It works!? he stood in the middle of the hallway, bolts impacting about two feet in front of him. ?Now, let?s expand the shield. Protego!? he said, louder this time.

Ron and Hermione stood up first. ?Stupefy!? yelled Hermione, pointing her own wand at the stormtroopers.

Ron fired a few shots from the blaster in his left hand, while holding the wand in his right. ?Do you know what you look like??

25. Geith_Jiseo

Dec 26, 2004
    Wild! That was great! Excellent job, Prophet!

You're doing a really great job with this crossover story so far (and I'm usually not a big fan of crossover stories), and I look forward to the next chapter. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.