main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Harry Potter and the Feather in the Foxhole (still accepting new players!)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LeiaHair, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    ic Edwin Dunbar:

"um....Malfoy...Ss...Scorpius Malfoy" the boy's words were said in a shy but rather regal voice obviously used to saying the name with pride. Edwin smiled "pleased to meet you Scorpius." Malfoy's eh? They were a very famous family, sure they'd probably fallen on hard times politically after the whole Voldemort thing but hey, whats wrong with living in abject riches for your entire life. Edwin had begun eating as well, Porridge, delicious and warm he had eaten quite a bit when the boy told him he was a roommate of his Edwin let out a laugh "yeah we got to bed late last night and i was up rather early, it happens when i'm excited." He turned back to his porridge and a moment later the boy asked "What are you looking forward too in the school year Edwin." Edwin shrugged a little "pretty much everything, i mean it all looks pretty fascinating to me and i bet were gonna learn loads, how about yourself?"

Tag: Scorpius.

2. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Quick OOC Post from school:

I dont' have time to post, sorry. I've lost all computer use at home. (I got in deep trouble.... ugh... living at home at 20 is almost not worth it!) I'll try to sneak on my computer and grab the files on a flashdrive so i can post it from school. Either way, I'll have it up for you tomorrow (Friday.)

Sorry for the wait.

-LH-

3. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Post comming tonight. I have a few last minute changes to make and then it will be ready. I have recieved the computer usage back, so I will be free to post anytime tonight. Thanks for not revolting on me!

"I'm revolting!" I scream as I grab a picket sign. "See?"

Snickering, the man next to me nods. "Of course you're revolting."

.... okay, I'm done.

4. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Boy do I feel stupid, three posts in a row for me. I'm sorry I must do this but I cannot post an update right now. I have written and rewritten this dang post and I still can't get it how I want. I figured out I couldn't get comfortable with it because I was moving so many people, and I hate moving y'all's characters. So, if you would, start making your way to your classes.

Those of you who believe you need a tag from me, please PM me and I will get right on it.

Anyone not in class by Tuesday night will be moved by me in a very abrupt sort of way.

I know it's bummer (and I'm retarded and should just post anyway...) but I just don't feel right in controling your characters so much. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone.

-LH-

5. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Ravenclaw Tower

"You sure you are not coming Maya?"

Maya scrunched her eyes in an attempt to bring back her grasp on reality and slowly looked up at Kendrix.

"Hmm, maybe a cup of tea would do me some good." She said groaning as she got to her feet. The room spun for a second and then a dull pain hit the back of her head. "Oh, why is there no magical cure for a hangover..."

tag: Ravenclaw

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Scorpius Malfoy

Slytherin Table, Great Hall

Edwin smiled "Pleased to meet you Scorpius."

Malfoy's eh?

"Yep that's my name. Scorpius said proudly as he looked at Edwin. He then turned his attention toward his Count Chocula cereal. He put big a spoonful in his mouth ate it. His cheeks puffed up as he at.

"Yeah we got to bed late last night and i was up rather early, it happens when i'm excited."

Scorpius laughed and some milk came out of his nose. He grabbed a napkin and wiped his face.

"I know but I was bit more nervous really but I was excited as well. Whoa look at the time we better get to class. I hope I remember how to get there. I get lost so easily especially with those moving stairs."

He said to Edwin as he finished up his cereal and got up from the table.

TAG: Apademek, LeiaHair

7. Baathville728

Baathville728 Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2007
    IC: Vairn McMillan
    In the Halls

Vairn was excited for his first class, but very nervous at the same time. He was always insecure when he was getting ready to do something new. He couldn't bare doing poorly as a wizard. But just as Josephine was about to speak, Vairn cut her off.

"Never mind, I have my schedule right here," said Vairn as he glanced down at the day laid out ahead of him. "It says Herbology. So should we head out?" Vairn asked Josephine. "So do you know Professor Longbottom? My dad told me he was a nice guy, but that doesn't mean he won't give me a hard time, right? Is Herbology hard. My dad never really gave me details about it. Ohh I'm sorry," said Vairn to address the alarmed look on Jospehine's face, "I don't know what i'm so nervous about. Let's just get going."

TAG: Leiahair, Any other Gryffindors.

8. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Aurora Morley and Amarantha Williams
    Great Hall

Finally growing bored of waiting for something to happen, Aurora gathered her things and stood; Neal followed suit. "See you later," Aurora said to James and Amarantha before heading for the doors.

"Oy!" Neal shouted across the hall to Mac and Elysium, "You're gonna be late for class!"

Amarantha watched the two older students depart for the dungeons, then turned to James. "Come on, we should be going, too."

Tag: Darth_Brutus666, Great Hall

9. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    OOC:

Dumbledore is gay. Woah, kinda saw it coming though.

10. mosrael_the_waker

mosrael_the_waker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: ^^ huh?

[b]Elysium Weasley[/b]
    [i]Great Hall[/i]

Elysium was feeling queasy again and decided she should move to a location closer to the ground. She quickly flitted towards the table where her books lay and pecked around under the bench as students finished their breakfast. It seems everyone had gotten over the spectacle. Ugh. Elysium couldn?t believe she had been involved in yet another [i]incident[/i]?and she hadn?t even been to her first class!

Eventually, she returned to her normal form though her plait was slightly mussed and she blinked more than usual. Elysium snatched up her books and bag then darted out of a side door in the Great Hall. As she walked down the corridor she checked her tables for her first class? Arithmancy. Hopefully she would be able to forget this morning?s happenings with Professor Octavous teaching.

Elysium found a seat towards the middle of the classroom and waited for others to file in.

TAG: anyone

11. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    OOC: The Today show said it yesterday morning

IC: James Potter

"Come on, we should be going, too."

"Oh......right." James said, watching the other students departing as well. "Um, what is our first class again" James asked Amarantha as they walked towards the Grand Staircase.

TAG: JediMasterAnne

12. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: I saw it on Yahoo over the weekend.

IC: Amarantha Williams
    Great Hall, en route to Staircase

"Um, what is our first class again?" James asked.

Amarantha pursed her lips as she tried to remember off the top of her head, but couldn't. "Hang on," she said as she began rummaging through her bag in search of her schedule. "I know it's either Transfiguration or--ha!" She smiled triumphantly as she pulled out the parchement and unrolled it, but her face fell just slightly as she read it. Defense Against the Dark Arts wasn't one of her favorite classes. It wasn't that she wasn't good at it--she usually performed well in all her classes--she just wasn't overly fond of it, that was all. "Defense Against the Dark Arts," she finished.

Tag: Darth_Brutus666

13. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: James Potter

Amarantha pursed her lips as she tried to remember off the top of her head, but couldn't. "Hang on," she said as she began rummaging through her bag in search of her schedule. "I know it's either Transfiguration or--ha!" She smiled triumphantly as she pulled out the parchement and unrolled it, but her face fell just slightly as she read it. Defense Against the Dark Arts wasn't one of her favorite classes. It wasn't that she wasn't good at it--she usually performed well in all her classes--she just wasn't overly fond of it, that was all. "Defense Against the Dark Arts," she finished.

"Really?" James asked, "Professor Finnegan teaches that doesn't he? My dad is friends with him" James continued as they climbed the stairs to the 5th floor (If I remember correctly) "I hope I can use some of what my dad showed me this past summer, just some basic stuff though, nothing like what he is doing though." James said, finally as they reach the 5th floor landing.

TAG: JediMasterAnne

14. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    OCC: Sorry to do this to everyone, but I have, from a few unforseen events, have been forced to take on two jobs at once and a few other things that have kept me away. I do not think I can devote the amount of time needed to keep this RP going. I'm so sorry, because I love this game and I had so many ideas I wanted to get to.

I'm willing to hand my GMship over to someone. If you're interested, please PM me and I'll respond as soon as possible.

I'd like to thank you all for the wonderful RPing and I hope to see you again in the future. Please keep up the wonderful posts and Happy Posting to all.

15. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    OOC: It's ok i understand. I'd take over, I have the time, I just don't think i'm creative enough to keep the story going.

16. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: Right. LeiaHair has named me GM and Baathville co-GM so we're going to bring this RPG back up hopefully. I'm going to post later on bringing everyone into lessons etc. then we'll aim for a big plot twist... oooo!

So keep tuned.

17. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    OK. Here's the promised update. This should cover everyone but if it doesn't give me a PM

First Years

Charms

Professor Flitwick was having an understandably hard time trying to persuade the class to quite down. This was the first years very first lesson. Some of them had never even used magic, let alone tried complex spells. He decided after 10 minutes of shouting for silence to no avail to get out his wand.

With a swift and smooth flick of his wand the room was filled with beautiful multicoloured sparks. As the class looked up in awe Flitwick took the opportunity to speak.

"Now, if you want to one day be able to achieve that you should pay attention! If not, I'm sure the Headmistress can arrange for suitable transportation home!" He shouted with a slight chuckle. "However today we will be starting with a simple levitation spell. Observe the feathers on your desk."

With a swish and flick of his wand all the feathers in the room lifted up to the ceiling and then smoothly dropped back into place.

"By the end of this week you should be able to make a feather fly yourself!"

tag: First Years

Third Years

Potions

Slughorn moved slowly up through row of cauldrons. His age was quickly catching up with him, there is only so much a string of potions can do to maintain youth. He was exhausted and the last thing he needed was double potions with third years. With a lazy swish of his wand the stock cupboard flew open.

"Lets see how much you remember after your summer." He said, wheezing slightly. "I want a potion to cure common poisons. But I will not be accepting a simple Bezoar. It worked the first time but you have no idea how often somebody tries that trick!"

tag: Third Years

ooc: I just wanted to know how many 2nd years we had. So if you are one please give me a PM. Also, posts for staff and 6th-7th years will be up in a moment.

18. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings
    Third year

"Hmm. Ok, powdered bezoar, unicorn horn, phoenix tear extract, and two drops of diluted dragon blood ought to do the trick." Chandler said adding the ingredients to his cauldron. The mixture simmered slightly before turning into a bright swirl of crimson and gold. "Professor Slughorn, I believe I'm done." he added raising his hand. He then waited for Slughorn to approach.

TAG: Slughorn(GM)

19. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    IC: Vairn McMillan
    Charms Classroom

"Wingardium Leviosa," said Vairn as feather merely twitched. He looked to his right at Josephine to see if she had made any progress. As far as he could tell it looked like she wasn't getting much further. Vairn really hoped someone could do it so he could figure it out as well, he was getting nowhere. Worst of all, he was getting that feeling in his stomach when he knew failure was imminent.

"Do you have any idea how to do this?" he whispered to Josephine.

TAG: Josephine, other first years, Flitwick.

20. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Scorpius Malfoy
    Slytherin 1st Year

Charms Class, Hogwarts

The class was loud and it seemed that there would be no end insight of all the students talking and laughing about. All except a white blond haired boy who sat quietly at a table looking straight at the small teacher who Scorpius thought was a goblin at first. He was just as excited as the other first years but was still getting used to being away from home.

He watched as the teacher tried to get the students attention with no prevail. Scorpius just shook his head. He didnt know if it was the pathetic way the small little man tried to address the class or the students ignoring the teacher, that made him a bit PO'd. He wanted to learn a spell but until the class quieted down it wouldnt happen.

Finally he saw some vigor in the little man which made Scorpius more satisfied. He saw a swift and smooth flick of Flitwick's wand then the room was filled with beautiful multicoloured sparks. It looked pretty cool to Scorpius as he sat up straight. The class finally settled down and it seemded they were on their way to actually starting.

"Now, if you want to one day be able to achieve that you should pay attention! If not, I'm sure the Headmistress can arrange for suitable transportation home!" He shouted with a slight chuckle. "However today we will be starting with a simple levitation spell. Observe the feathers on your desk."

Scorpius looked on top of his desk and saw a white feather laying on it. He picked it up and observed it while turning it around. It just seemed like a normal feather and wondered if the spell to levitate it would be hard. He put the feather down and turned his attention back to Professor Flitwick.

With a swish and flick of his wand all the feathers in the room lifted up to the ceiling and then smoothly dropped back into place.

"By the end of this week you should be able to make a feather fly yourself!"

With an eager face he knew that he wanted them to practice now. He lifted his wand which was right next to the feather and began saying the spell as he flicked his wrist.

At first nothing happended because he flicked his wrist a bit to hard. The next attempt there was soe movement of the feather but no levitation. Then the third time was the charm. With a good smooth rotation of his wrist he said the words.

Wingardian Leviosa"

The feather flew up in the air as if it was being blown up there by a breeze. It was magic and Scorpius looked on to Professor Flitwick with a proud but smug smile on his face.

TAG: First Years, DJ

21. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    Alexander Danton
    Blackwood Forest Cabin

Alexander Danton sat in his cabin listening to the low wind and the branch of a tree that sat far too close to the house tap the window behind him. He had just finished his letter, and was attaching it to the leg of his peppered black owl, Shadower. His plan was ready and he was sending it to his followers, despite how pathetic they were.

A fortnight ago they had come to him with seemeingly good news, but how mistaken they were. They had taken a fake feather from old Xeno Lovegood, and how foolish of them considering his age. Danton unleashed his wrath upon them for their ignorance and lack of care. But all the same, they had remained faithful after suffering sufficient punishment. Also, he needed help on the interrogation of one person he knew must know something of the feather.

The feather, blue with black and silver swirls, was known as the Wishing Feather, but very few people knew it was real. And even fewer people were able to follow it, Alexander Danton being one of them. He had searched for years and years for the feather that would give him unlimited power, and he finally uncovered information one night when he cornered an old sneak thief. He tortured and tortured him, but old Mundungus Fletcher kept his composure surprisingly enough. Danton wasn?t done there, he had a spare bottle of Veritaserum brewed by himself in case he needed it.

The information was enough. Xeno Lovegood, old editor of The Quibbler was rumored to have the feather with the power to restore Danton to his once increasing power and influence. However, he had been stopped and his power had been diminished. This was a memory Danton did not like to revisit, but no matter, he was returning his power and would surely be invincible with the Wishing Feather.

But now Danton had mailed the letter and he was ready to take yet another minor, yet important step to the ownership of the feather. He would wait for a response, but in the meantime he would watch the fire and think of the feather and the potential power he would have when he owned it.

22. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    ((apologies for not posting before, especially you TEEGIRLOO))

IC Edwin Dunbar:

Edwin sat back in his chair glancing around the class, a few desks to the left of him was the malfoy boy. All around him was noise he looked all around at the other students while the little professor tried to get order. His face was turned but at the sound of a bang he turned and saw sparks, his mouth formed a large O of amazement.

Professor Flitwick then started to teach the lesson, Edwin was amazed. Able to fly a feather in a week! this was gonna be great. He pointed his wand at the feather trying his hardest to remember everything he did a few practice waves before pointing the wand at the feather.

His eyes squinted in concentration, a flick of the wrist, now say the spell! "Wingardian Leviosa" with a sigh of relief the feather started to hover off the desk slightly. With a glance he saw Scorpius had made the feather fly. He gave a thumbs up with his extra hand.

Tags: First years, GM

23. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    OOC: Sorry to do this to you guys but I won't really have time to post major GM things for a little while because my daughter is ill. So I'm handing full GM power to Baathville for the time being. Hopefully she won't be sick for too long. Sorry for taking so long to tell you.

24. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    OOC: This is news to me, but I will do what I can. If everyone can continue to do what the few playes have done, the reactions in class(First years). I will try to get a post up for first and second years up tommorow and then we will go from there.

25. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    I hope this is good enough for all of you. At the end of these you may return to lunch and we'll end with classes for the day.

GM Post

First Years
    Charms

"Oho! Mr. Malfoy! Mr. Dunbar! 10 Points for Slytherin. Well done, well done indeed. Everyone look around, see their feathers. Unfortunately however, we are out of time. Next lesson I expect to see everyone to get their feathers to hover for a minimum of 5 seconds at the end of the day. Class dismissed"

With that, the first years packed up their books and wands, leaving the feather in place, and filed out of the room. Their first lesson was completed leaving a mixture of reactions. Scorpius Malfoy and Edwin Dunbar left the room waking with a certain confidence. However, Vairn McMillan, Josephine Weasley and others left looking significantly less pleased.

tag: First years(Make your way to lunch)

Second Years
    Herbology

When the door was open to the greenhouses, the second years were greeted with the foulest smell they had ever encountered, and they had dealt with some putrid scents last year.

"Odorous Filberweeds" said Professor Longbottom strolling into the class. "Now don't worry, you will be supplied with noseplugs and goggles because the excrment of the weeds can cause blindness. You will also need you dragon-hide gloves for today, if the poison touches your skin, you can break into very painful boils."

Professor Longbottom started grouping the second years into pairs and placing them in front of their designated Filberweed. James and Amarantha were paired together in front of a particularyly ugly purple plant. "Now don't be frightened by everything I have just told you, Odorous Filberweeds are actually very calm plants and their excrement is a crucial ingredient in the curing of spattergroit. Just be careful not to breathe deep or splash the puss about. You may begin."

tag: Second years

Third Years
    Potions

"My dear boy this looks superb!" bellowed Professor Slughorn when he approached Chandler Billings' cauldron. "The color looks correct, the smell is right. Put some of that in flask for me too grade, but I'm sure you'll recieve full marks for this. Although it is a fairly simple assignment, you seem to have passed with flying colors. Good work Mr. Billings."

tag: Third years, Chandler

OOC: Okay everyone, my first official post. I am new to RPG's so this may not be so good, but i'm going to do my best. i'm sending pm's to everyone that has a character or used to have one. I'll be asking for suggestions and hopefully convince people who have quit to come back. For those who have stayed patient and loyal to this, thank you. I really enjoy this RPG, so I want to keep it running. If you have any suggestions you can pm me. If you have any ideas on how the story could play out, do the same and I'll consider. Thank you.

Also, 6th and 7th years, can you pm me and let me know if you're still playing. I already sent out pms, I just need to know so I can get your post up. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.