main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

He Man And The Masters Of The Universe Live Action Film

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Darth_Berserker, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    ok , who thinks its time a updated and better live action version of masters of the universe. who should play he man, who would u cast as skeletor? personally i have no idea who in hollywood today who could portray he man, i once heard a rumour that the rock was going to play him but I dont see that happening, any idea who could be skeletor and his minions? discuss

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I don't think anyone can improve on the perfection that was

Masters of the Universe

3. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    dont get me wrong i loved the cartoon, and the other movie was ok, but it was just wasn't really he man.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    John Woo was going to do a new movie but it got put on the back burner so who knows when it will happen now.

5. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    That's too bad. I'd have loved to see He-Man in slow motion with doves flying behind him. Wub Woo!

6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I like the film, but now that i'm older, I find myself wondering why he was in Texas with Courtney Cox. I think they did a good job with Skeletor, but the rest of the film is nothing special.

If and when they make another live action film, they need to stay in Eternia.

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I agree, crossing over into our world doesn't need to happen again. I think staying in Eternia will be the best bet.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Skeletor scenes in the movie were fantastic, one of the best villian prformances ever. Sadly the need to set it on Earth to make the rest affordable made the rest of the movie suck massively, alas.

9. CJS

Feb 15, 2006
    If they opted to stay in Eternia, which I think they should if the film were to be made, then we run the risk of it being a "visual effects extravaganza" like unto the doomed Dungeons & Dragons film that starred the kid who played Jimmy Olsen from Lois and Clark. That was a film of ROYAL SUCK-AGE.

It'd be difficult, I think, to create a realistic Eternia...though in Middle-earth can come to life via practical effects, then so could Eternia.

10. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Be a heck of a movie, if they did it right.

11. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    If they are going to keep it in eternia, then they should film it in new zealand. anyone got ideas who should be cast??

12. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Please keep Orko out of the movie.

13. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    il agree with that, if i remember in the 87 film he was replaced with a simmilair character called Gwildor and it was kind if annoying seeing a mdiget running around everyhwere

14. CJS

Feb 15, 2006
    I'd like to see He-man either mack Teela, Evilyn, or the Sorceress. Pimp Prince Adam...pimp da ho's

15. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    also speaking of prince adam, would it be better if one actor played pirnce adam and then another played he man or should just one play both and then they use CGI for he man, muscles and all

16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Eternia would be cool to see considering that they have really high technology and ancient looking architecture going hand in hand, and a blend of the two in most facets of their planet (bad spelling).

I wanna see Cringer/Battlecat too.

17. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Who is Skelator a skeleton of?

18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
  19. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Only his head is a skeleton.

20. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I remember Masters of the Universe. For a young kid, it can be scary, the Beastman svsavagery of that man and all the blood. You were all hoping to see the power sword lightning up; you were wrong. Courtney Cox from that silly Friends show was in it, and Evil-Lyn didn't look shapely enough. Dark Stormtroopers.

I wouldn't mind seeing it again, for old times sake.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Evil-Lyn had a great look to her, I thought.

22. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    ok people im not talking about the 87 film, im talking about a whole new film for it, what would u decide if you were directing,

23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    ok, If they did a new He Man, I would like to see Faith Hill as Teela or actually She Ra.

He Man would so be The Rock.

24. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    well i'd go for two actors,id have someone with a slighter build to play adam and when he becomes he man have another bigger built actor to play him

i'd go for full on cgi eternia, i'd have eternia as a full on lavish lush planet

for snake mountin id have it simalr to mordor, it tone and feel but i'd have it darker

i'll get back to you on who i'd have in my cast

25. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Bring back Frank Langella as Skeletor. He was perfect. Meg Foster was a great Evil-Lyn. She's too old now though. Strangely enough, I think she kinda looks like Kirstey Ally. Since she's lost all her weight...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.