main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Hello fellow Canadian fans!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jordain, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Hello everybody, I've been dwelling here for awhile but i've just registered. Is anyone going to camp out for EP.3?

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Welcome to the boards Jordain!

Whereabouts in BC are you from?

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Welcome Sarah :) I am sure that there will be several people camping out for EPIII around my neck of the woods !!!

4. Jordain

Sep 15, 2003
    I'm from the Okanagan, Summerland actually, tiny town in the middle of nowhere. I camped out for ep.2 and was first in line. (In Penticton...there aren't any movie theaters in Summerland, pathetic aye?) I'm hoping to camp in Vancouver for Ep.3. Are there any 501st legion members who live in BC?

5. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    There was one 501st guy here in Victoria for a while, but the military shipped him out earlier this summer. He's hoping to be back here eventually, though.

Welcome to the B.C. forum!

- Rani

6. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I think it would be great if some of my fellow Victory Basers and I could make over to Tipoca City for the premiere. It would be a fun event for sure, but unfortunately trips on the ferry and accomodation don't grow on trees. :)

Did you have any plans down yet, Jordain?

Vills

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Why would we need to go there, Vills? There were plenty in line here for the premiere of AOTC.

They could always come here, of course... ;)

*Derisa*

8. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    Good point!

Maybe we Basers should start a conspiracy to whisk away all these non-Islanders over here! :)

-Vills

9. SoBe

SoBe Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Welcome to the boards, Jordain. I live in Kelowna. If we find one more person we can form a chapter, if you're interested.

Summerland isn't that small. At least it's not Naramata! :)

How was the water shortage? I'd trade that for a forest fire any day though.

I camped for about 30 minutes for AOTC. It was only playing on one screen in all of Kelowna and the theatre wasn't even half full!

I miss the big city. :(

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Actually I know of a former London FanForce member who is living in Kelowna...

Not sure if we can get him to make an appearance though.

11. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Rani waves to AT-60 :)

12. Jordain

Sep 15, 2003

I'm not sure where I'll be when EP 3 comes out....I might be in Quebec so perhaps I'll have to watch it in french and try to understand parts of it! It would be fun to see it in a big city like Vancouver or Calgary...hmmm

It would be fun to start a group around here...I wonder where we would meet?

13. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    I might be in Quebec so perhaps I'll have to watch it in french and try to understand parts of it!

I was in Montreal for the Imax theatre ATOC and it was in english, no subtitles or anything.

14. Chuunthor_pilot

Chuunthor_pilot Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2003
    I'm a SW fan from Penticton and I would be interested in a local FanForce.
    As for camping out for Ep III, I did camp out for 27.5 hrs for Ep I but only 9 hrs for II, so Ep III camp-out is a definite possibility. I just don't know where I'll be in 2005. I'll keep you posted.

15. AdmiralSimple-10

AdmiralSimple-10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
    Greetins, all. From Kelowna British Columbia, thought I'd pop in, say a greeting. Normally I'm on the EP3 spoilers board. In all honesty, I didn't even know about this place!!! Any fans around the Okanagan going to camp out? I'd be up for it; heck, it's the last time - and I'm older now, so I can drink while waiting!!! Always wanted to sit in line for a day, get slowly inebriated, and then watch Yoda babble on in backspeak; make things kinda different. :)

16. Jedi_Travis

Jedi_Travis Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2004
    Hey everyone, names Jedi_Travis, just signed up and hoping for good convos. TTYL all.

17. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey, Travis! Where are you from?

18. Jordain

Sep 15, 2003
    I was wondering if the other members from the Okanagan want to start our own board. I got a private message saying that we only needed 4 people. Anyone interested?
    :)

19. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey, Jordain! Good luck with that, a Okanagan FF would be cool!

You might want to try starting a new thread with the word "Okanagan" somewhere in the title, that'll help get attention. You can post it here in the BC forum, in the Western Canada Forum, and in the Canada General forum, too.

Also, just so you know, you only need three people (including yourself) to start a chapter. Four's better, of course, but the minimum is three.

Best of luck!

20. TK1455

TK1455 Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2004
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm a newbie 501st member stationed in Langley BC.......sure gets lonley on the left coast! :p

21. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    I feel like a newbie here even though i've been registered with TF.N for more than three years now. Just exploring the other regional boards here and there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.