main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello from Scotland

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by scotcat, Jun 13, 2013.

1. scotcat

scotcat Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    Hello all.
    What can I say about myself? Well, as you may have guessed from my username I'm Scottish and I do actually have a cat, I'm not one of those people that say they love cats and but doesn't actually own one.
    I'm new here, but not new to Star Wars. Thanks to my parents and siblings I was indoctrinated at a young age. I never really stood a chance in a family of sci fi nuts!
    I've tried to stay away from online forums after I had issues with the Doctor Who forums - it's the whole 'I've been a fan longer/you're only a real fan if you've...' debacle and it just put me right off. But, time marches on and I feel I'd quite like to dive into fan communities again.

2. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the Forum, scotcat!

Sounds like you're going to fight right in here with this wretched hive of scum and villainy! Please just shout if we can direct you anywhere specific.

There's plenty out there to get stuck right into with the Star Wars universe - enjoy your time here and hope to see you around!

Out of interest, what's your favourite aspect of Star Wars? Films, EU, games etc? :D

[​IMG]

3. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    Welcome! [:D] Just @ tag any of us if you need any assistance, scotcat!

4. scotcat

scotcat Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    I hope I'll fit in.

What are my favourite aspects of Star Wars? Well, I love the films (all of them, though I adore the original trilogy) I also enjoy the EU, specifically the novels. I've never tried the games, either online or console.

5. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
  6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Someone said EU!?!?! :D Welcome scotcat!!! When you are ready, drag yourself over to the Expanded Universe Community, they will do their utmost to make you feel welcome! Blue Moon Cantina is an EXCELLENT Way to start! ;) Again! Welcome!!

Jedi General Gelderd likes this.
  7. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Greetings, scotcat! As you will see if you look through this "Welcome New Users" thread a bit, we've just had three new users from Scotland join up in the last week or so:) (check out the recent welcome threads from Keltoi89 and Michael McKean as well). If you're looking to chat, socialize, and maybe eventually have meet ups with fellow Scots in your area, you may want to check out the "Fan Force" forum area for the United Kingdom. There is a way to sort the threads in that forum just for Scotland if you like. There is actually also a separate FF forum just for Scotland, but it doesn't seem to be active at the moment. A number of the Fan Force areas/chapters have not been all that active in recent years, but I imagine that will change as we get closer and closer to the release of Ep VII!

I hope you enjoy the JCF. This is the first internet forum I've been active in, so I can't really speak for others, but so far I have found most of the forum areas/threads to be pretty welcoming of newcomers and have not seen a lot of the issues you mentioned with your experience in the Doctor Who forum you were on. I have seen some occasional "issues" with continuing "prequels vs the original trilogy" battles on a few threads, but the mods are usually pretty quick to jump in if users start to violate the TOS by trolling/baiting/flaming etc.

Welcome and hope to see you around the boards!

Michael McKean likes this.
  8. TheDarkLordess

TheDarkLordess Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 5, 2013
    Welcome to the JC forums!! [:D] Hope you like it here. :D

9. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    Welcome and it's great to see yet another Scot like myself! I've been around for exactly a week now and have enjoyed every minute I've been on here. I'm sure you will feel the same.

10. scotcat

scotcat Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I can't wait to dive in around here. You'll be hearing a lot from me!

Michael McKean - thanks for the welcome, nice to see another Scot.

11. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Hi and welcome!

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Hello and welcome! I hope you have a great time here! :)

13. ILJA

ILJA Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2013

14. ILJA

ILJA Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2013
    Hi all there, just figured out how to use these user's panel controls to post my reply :) Hope to learn, discuss more things on the SW: I have just searched through the forums that would start a subject of the DEATH STARS size, since it has been the question that I always felt being debated insufficiently for the strange dimensions of the ULTIMATE WEAPON capable of destructions entire worlds, planets. I noticed some persons were even trying to substantiate it more or less mathematically, however when trying to post my simple observations, that I haven't been succesfull to find some resemblances to, I was upset to read that these threads won't be discussed any longer and this seemed to me kind of frustrating. Is it possible to speak out my vision and ask some sort of questions, regarding the issue? KInd regards and May the Force be with You ;)

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.