main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello There!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Ballad, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Ballad

Ballad Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2013
    Hi guys, new person here.

I've been a Star Wars fan for around 11 years. During which time I like to think I've amassed quite a healthy collection of merchandise from our favourite galaxy far far away. It's mostly toys, but also contains comics, a couple of replicas, books etc. Nothing to make Sansweet turn green with envy. Not by a longshot. I've also written some terrible fanfiction on Star Wars, full of grammar issues and terrible Mary Sue characters.

Outside of Star Wars, I have tried my hand as a stage comedian, as well as a professional writer. I'm a keen RP'er and terrible drinker.

Good to meet you guys.

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Welcome Nova P. :)

3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Welcome aboard Nova, it's great to have you here.:)

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Nova P: Failte Nua Duine! Welcome to the boreds. Have fun, get involved, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to use this thread as your 'tech support'. We have fairly in depth discussions on toys, games, etc. And, you should consider sharing some of your fanfic in our fanfic section: http://boards.theforce.net/categories/fan-fiction.10825/

5. sea horse

sea horse Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2012
    Hi I'am new here to welcome:)

6. Ballad

Jan 1, 2013
    I would, but it's pretty bad.

7. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    A writer(or artist) is their own worst critic. I've written a couple short fics(and a longish one with a co-writer) on here and several of my friends have written stories and/or showed off their paintings and drawings. We are very supportive of others who take the time to be creative. My first story got much better reviews than I ever thought it would since I thought that it was so bad.

8. Ballad

Jan 1, 2013
    I have been working to make my stuff a little better. I might as well post some of it here. :)

9. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello Nova P! It's great to have you on board. Welcome! :)

10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Welcome...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine

11. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Am I the only one who read the title in Obi Wan's voice in ANH when he greets R2? lol. btw welcome XD

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Nova P: How are the boards treating you? So far, so good? Glad you opted to be brave and share some fanfic. Trust me... with the amount that has been posted since we launched, you can rest in the certainty that your attempts do not scrape the bottom of the barrel. [face_whistling]

13. Ballad

Jan 1, 2013
    Been some bad ones, have there?

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A lot of it has been "young" is how I will diplomatically put it.

15. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    Nice.

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! I'm glad you decided to share your fanfic :)

We also have a lovely RPG section, as well as a Movies, Music, and Lit section (called Amph) that has some Superman discussion.

17. chazz

chazz Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2013
    hello