main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HellWeekTask the Second- That's it baby, work it! Sell yourself!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by PulsarSkate, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    GENTLEMEN! THIS IS A BUST!

[image=http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/images/dogs05.jpg]

Break it up! There's no time for games - this is seriouse bizness!

We've had enough of you all hiding in the shadows! You're all attractive, successful people, full of the vigor of life (and a few other foreign substances)! You know how to highlight your own best features - whether in startling colour or the oh-so-classy black and white!

Now it's time to take self preservation and promotion to the limit!

[image=http://www.frederiksamuel.com/blog/images/bddp2.jpg]

HERE IS YOUR BRIEF:

You need:

A snappy name (username/real name is fine)
    A slogan
    An image or logo of some kind
    A short list (3-6 items) of "features" - do you come with optional extras? Do you kiss well? Use these and more to sell yourself!
    Instructions on what the audience should be doing this round - such as "A Vote for ___ is a vote for more bad posts in the JCC!" or "Vote for ____ - he smells like doodoo!"

Create an ad for yourself, in any way (graphic, text or other) and send it to me, Managing Director Pulsies Finklestein!

The JCC will vote on your submission - the bottom two ads and therefore, their creators, will find themselves out of a job and out of this house!

The man with the winning plan will get:

CUSTOM TITLES

YOU HAVE 24HRS!

So be quick!

[image=http://html.rincondelvago.com/files/9/3/0/000289300.jpg]

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I mostly understand.

Kindly clarify. Do you mean the winner will get a sole custom title, the choice of as many custom titles as they like over the period or multiple custom titles all at once?

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Haha, okay, I'm on it.

4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Ouch. This is a topic I am most ill-equipped to do anything with. I'm not very good at this sort of thing.

Ouch, ouch.

5. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Don't worry. I'm assuming that fancy Photoshop images and stuff will win the day here. I have absolutely no skill in that departmenr whatsoever.

6. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I'm also not particularly gifted at bragging on myself so that could be somewhat of a problem in task such as this.

7. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Well, this task is just MADE for me! :p

But unfortunately I have to go offline for the rest of the day and will not be able to complete it. However, as I am putting myself up as an auto-nom anyway, it really don't matter!

I'll try and get one done when I get back on in the morning, just for funsies!

Laters,

Jay :)

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I have to say, I believe I've been shafted in terms of the colours we've been assigned. :p

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    So just to clarify, as I need to confirm it for my submission, the JCC will be voting for their favourite?

That's correct, yes?

10. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Yes--that's your audience, you lucky guys, you. :p

As for how many custom titles you get, that depends on how tight Pulsies is with any of the local managers, since neither of us has that magic power. (Off the top of my head, I can't think of a manager who would want to change someone's title every 15 minutes, but then, I haven't been on the MS long enough to collect blackmail material.)

Also, I wouldn't sweat it if you don't feel "artistic." Cribbing some image from Google and writing ridiculous stuff around it should work fine. That's basically 25% of YJCC right there. (The other 75% is cribbing some link from Youtube and writing ridiculous stuff around it.)

--Big Sissy

11. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Something else. If Jay autonoms himself, then given the way this task works doesn't that mean he's gone? The JCC isn't voting from a 'pool' of losing 'adverts', they're voting on all the 'adverts'. Thus if Jay autonoms himself then the JCC have nothing to vote on, and he has to go. :(

So uh... is that right?

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Er, well, I don't think it means Jay is automatically gone. If that was the case, I'd be next to abandon ship.

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    How doesn't it mean Jay is automatically gone? If Jay simply passes on the task as his own penance for what happened in the last task, what is there for the JCC to vote on? My understanding is that the two entries with the least votes will be evicted. If no entry is forthcoming from Jay (and even if there is, he wants a handicap) there's no other alternative than to evict him. His 'autonom' status means nothing in this scenario.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I know, Chris, I had noticed that. I just assumed it was the SEXPOTS being coy (I mean, Jay is nominated, isn't he?), and kind of expected JR to play along.

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    The point is there are no nominations. It's a straight vote on the entries.

This game is threatening to end in pure confusion.

EDIT: Maybe we could have the (presumably) three submissions (myself, you and Brian) voted on, and the two with the most votes made safe, and then the JCC can vote between th loser of that game and Jay for eviction?

16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Ophelia? Pulsie?

17. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    QMAOFT.

18. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005

This was how I orignally interpreted the task--i.e. the ones with the lowest votes would be up for eviction (but would not necessarily be evicted) and that there would be a subsequent vote to pick one of the two. Playing along those lines, tomorrow there'd be a vote result and one of the three would then go the following day (Tuesday), leaving three of us in the house. Another task would get rid of one more of us on Wednesday or Thursday. That would leave just two on Thursday and Friday for the final vote and the winner declared.

Looking at the task again, however, it appears that we're all up for eviction (irrespective of the task) and that our ads are supposed to be our plead to the JCC not to evict us. This would leave, by Tuesday, just two of us in the house until Friday. I'm not too keen on this plan, but I guess we do what we're told on the matter. In any case, if how I'm reading the task now is true, Jay's auto-nom won't impact anything as we're all "auto-nommed". The JCCers can still vote to keep Jay whether or not he submits an ad. Two of us will go at the end of this task from what I can see.

I reiterate that the idea of leaving just two people in the house starting on Monday or Tuesday for the rest of the week seems a bit detrimental to the game from my perspective but that's how I'm reading the rules.

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    If the JCCers can vote to keep Jay in even if he doesn't submit anything, then what's the point of any of us submitting an entry? We may as well just let it become a regular eviction with all of us up for the chop. The voting, should - should it not - be based upon our 'adverts'? I really don't like the idea of the ads meaning nothing. We either have a task that results in one person being put up against Jay for eviction (the deciding factor being our 'adverts'), or we collectively abandon the task altogether and put all four of us up.

Also I agree that just two housemates between Tuesday morning and Friday is not a good idea. I had always thought the third place would be awarded the day before the game ended, with the last day being a vote between the last two.

20. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Pulsies is technically running this one, but since she likely won't be on for some hours, I'll do the best I can to answer.

The idea is to vote on participants' advertisements, yes. No one can stop people from voting by name alone, but that was always true. We've had other folks survive weeks in which they didn't complete the task. Relying on e-fame alone tends to backfire, but there's never been a rule against trying it.

My understanding is that Jay was planning on doing something, he just might have to slap it together at the last minute. It's also my understanding that he and Pulsies had come to some agreement over his unhappiness about the last task. That was where I left matters with her when I signed off last night.

If people have more questions, please let me know.

21. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    We've had instances where peeps have survived dspite not doing much on the task, but prevous eviction votes have always taken place between those who were deemed to have done worst on the task (as voted for by teh housemates or determind by a scoring system). Once we go to the vote, then it can become a popularity thing if it must. But in this instance everyone is potentially an evictee. To me, that's a break with the format and a very unfortunate one at that. I don't much like the idea of completing a task and then not being given the chance for it to earn me a pass into the last two or three.

22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm not opposed to this change of format. I found it surprising, yes, but I'm okay with it. Surprises are part of the game, after all, or at least they were part of the Big Brother TV show.

This change certainly interferes with Jay's agreement, though. We should wait and hear what he has to say on the matter.

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm not really okay with the task being completed by some and not by others, and yet all being in the same boat when it comes to eviction. Equally, given that Jay wants to have a penalty placed upon him, I can't see him being happy. Him being able to be on a even-footing with the rest of us without having done anything seem to be something of an advantage, no?

24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I wouldn't be opposed to the task being solely a way to win a custom title, either.

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I edited my above post. Content changed dramatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.