main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Help installing computer games on new laptop

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ghost, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Hi, I bought a new laptop a few months ago, and I want to install some of my old games onto it.

Specifically, I bought and downloaded Spore and Sims 3 from the Internet (no CD) on my old laptop, and want to download it again on my new laptop.

How do I do that? I don't really have to buy the game again, do I? I signed onto the EA Master Account, but I don't see where the option is to download the games I already bought about 4 years ago.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Download and install Origin from the EA website. Once you've logged in you should be able to download Sims 3 and Spore from that. I'm assuming you bought them direct from EA. If you didn't then you'd need to check the place where you bought them from.

If you need help with Origin, just ask and I'll be happy to try.

3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Personally I use Steam. As Elk said, it depends on where you bought them from...

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Thanks. I bought both of them from EA. I just downloaded Origin, and it had the Sims 3 there, so I installed it on my new laptop.

But it didn't have the other game (Spore) there, even though I also bought it from EA (and around the same time, I think I bought Spore less than a year before I bought Sims 3).

Help? :confused:

5. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Might be worth contacting Origin's customer services?

On the Origin website, it's at the top of the screen in the middle.