main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Hey Baltimore!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jagged_Fel, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The easiest for you and the most fair would be to rotate it using the same pattern year after year. You have three groups which makes it a little more difficult. I'm guessing your parents are divorced. My parents are divorced and my dad lives in Richmond. What my wife and I do is try and reverse what we did the year before. We do that for all things including Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and others.

2. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I just PM'ed everyone who ever posted in here and who had a recent enough "last login date" to make me believe they are still relatively active at TF.N. Hopefully, I'll get back some responses and we can go from there.

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey Sapient, I live in Glen Burnie. It is a small world.

4. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Well, on Thanksgiving my wife and I had to split the day. We spent the first half down at her aunt's in Glen Burnie right off Oakwood Rd. from 100. A favorite place of mine to get a hot dog is from Anne's on the parking lot at the mall. We are trying to put together a FF for this region.

5. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    On that noet, Sapient, I am starting a "Lets get a FF going thread. Maybe that will help spur responses.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah Sapient, Anne's has some great footlongs.

7. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    damn good cheesesteaks too.

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I can't really speak on their cheesecakes. I've never had them. My wife and I are hoping to move into a new home in Bel Air pretty soon. We are selling our house in Dublin (Harford County just outside Bel Air) and have put a contract in on a new house. Either way, I'm not moving far. I thought a good starting point for any get together would be the White Marsh Mall area. It seems to be the same distance for each of us to travel.

9. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Man, you and I are on the same wavelength here! I was thinking that White Marsh seems the best area as well.

10. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I have been here in awhile. Wow, last time there were no posts at all. Just to let you know I'll be coming down from Frederick for TubaChristmas near the Inner Harbor this weekend.

Even though it seems like I'm the youngest one here (I'm 16), I've lived in Baltimore, Harford, Washington, and Frederick counties. I work in Walkersvile.

I think it'd be good to organize a Fan Force, hopefully it won't be too hard for me to get down there.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey wampa, it's good to have another person posting in here. We have a good-sized crowd forming.

12. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Woohoo, I'm not the youngest one here anymore! lol [face_devil]

13. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey Wampa, great to see you. Because you live in Frederick, some live in Glen Burnie, and I'm in Harford County we thought that White Marsh was a good central meeting point for everyone. In fact, my wife and I have friends in Frederick. When we want to meet halfway, we always meet in White Marsh. What is Tuba Christmas? Maybe I'll go down to see it if it's at the Inner Harbor.

14. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Welcome to the group, Wampa! The more, the merrier!

15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I heard there's a chance it will snow in our area on Christmas day. Anyone else hearing that?

16. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
  17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    It would be nice to see some snow. The weather has been crazy. One day it's freezing and then the next you can't wear your coat. But, for the past week or so it seems the weather has been typical for this time.

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Hot then cold, snow then sunshine.....yep, sounds like Maryland.

19. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Even though I was born in Frederick, I grew up in California and only moved back here in December of 1999. Alot of people are talking about how weird it is for it to be sunny in late December like this. I wore a short sleeve polo shirt to work today with no jacket. It's a bit cool outside but I can deal. Anyways, I guess you can take the boy out of California, but you can't take the California out of the boy....

20. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Merry Christmas

Happy Channukah

Happy Kwanzaa

and...

Happy 2002

21. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Happy Holidays to everyone.

Right now, I'm sitting in my office at work on Christmas Eve. Kind of stinks, huh? I'm the only one on the entire floor. The reason I'm here is a simple one. I haven't been at my new job long enough to have built up vacation time. :(

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I know I sure did. My son had a magical time this year. He's 19 months old and really got a kick out of opening presents. Our entire family came for dinner and it was simply a nice day all around.

23. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm assuming that everyone is burning up the last of their vacation "use or lose" days. Anyway, just a little lonely without the locals. Enjoy your New Year's in whatever you choose to do to celebrate. My wife and I do nothing exciting for New Year's. First of all, our son is 19 months old. Secondly, we don't go out and drink. So that whole scene isn't much fun to us. So we do the traditional sit at home and watch the ball drop. Hey, we find it fun. Hopefully soon we can talk about getting together in White Marsh. Here's to a wonderful 2002!

24. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Continuing in the tradition of talking to myself, I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope that this year brings everyone a lot of happiness, joy, safety, and good health.

25. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Happy New Year Sapient! Best to the family, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.