main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Hi all, I'm new

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LeiaAsylum, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to the Bay Area and I'd like to join the SFFF! I'm a big SW fan from way back, but I've never been a member of a fan club before (I have no idea why not!). I especially love the original version of Star Wars (Ep 4), the Kenner toys from the 70s/80s, and I collect Kenner large size Princess Leia action figures (check out my super-lame website http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/leiaasylum ). I should be getting my original SW cards any day now (my parents found them recently - I almost fainted I was so happy - I haven't seen them in years and feared they were long gone!) - does anyone else here collect the old cards? I may need to trade to get a complete set of blue cards, but I should have extras of the red, yellow, and orange if anyone needs 'em! ;-)

I'll keep it kinda short for now, I just wanted to introduce myself to you and say Hi and that I look forward to meeting you all and becoming a part of the SFFF.

May the Force Be with You All,
    Anne, a/k/a
    Jedi Librarian Anekh Alekan

2. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Welcome to the boards! Im Erick.

3. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    Hi there and Welcome...my name is Mike

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey Anne!
    Glad you found the boards without too much trouble I hope. If you need help feel free to let me know. Oh and I have some ROTJ original cards mint but not a complete set. I have approximately 8 unopened ROTJ wax packs too with the 20 year old stick of gum still inside!!!!

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hi there and welcome!
    I'm Bridget and I'm not actually in the Bay Area, but if you ever venture inland feel free to contact the Sacramento Valley Rogue Force. Aw heck, even if you aren't out here drop by our boards and see what a real asylum looks like. :p

Ming, don't open those packages. Who knows what that gum has evolved into in 20 years. ;)

6. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Bridget is like a long lost sister who lives in Sacramento :D

Heeeeey Anne!! Nice to meet you! I am not much of collecting original stuff but I am very proud of what little collection I do have! ;)

7. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Welcome to the group. Sounds like an old school fan, somebody from my era.

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I have opened a few actually. The gum has been in there so long the molecullar structure has changed completely to possibly a more crystline configuration with in it's atomic carbon. It's solid and will crack. No way is it chewable but it LOOKS ok, but that doesn't mean it WAS ok since I even tried to chew it, but that was... yucky.

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Wow! That makes two Annes in the club! Welcome! 'Hope you can make the next meeting.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I think it's safe to say who may be getting an "Alderaan" sweatshirt.

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    lol... it's a good bet!

12. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi again, thanks for all your replies! It's nice to "meet" you all here. I see that there is a meeting on Feb 22 and I think I can make it, so I look forward to meeting you all in person then.

Some responses to y'all's posts: Hi Mike & Erick! Hi Ming, I am laughing about that ROTJ gum....oh dear....I hope I never see that in person LOL! I can only imagine how bad that must have tasted - it was never that great when it was supposedly fresh! :) Hi Bridget, I have to confess that I actually live in Walnut Creek, so I guess I'm actually in the middle of SF & Sac., not a bad place to be! Hi Sith Mistress, I don't actually have too many items in my collection myself, but I love the stuff I managed to get as a kid, and the few items I've gotten as an "adult." Hi Harlock, I am most definitely a super-bombad old school SW fan, and I am irked that they aren't releasing the original version of ANH on DVD, want to start a petition? ;-) Hi JedHead, are you the other Anne? It's weird, but everywhere I go there's at least 1 other Anne - usually a very cool person too, I might add - hee hee! And I have to laugh about the Alderaan sweatshirt, b/c when I saw that thread and saw that no one had said they wanted the Alderaan one, I was psyched! I just got a new job with decent pay so sign me up please!
    Well off to bed for me, thanks for such a nice welcome, hope to meet you all on Feb 22!

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    lol, yeah... the gum was... like concrete mixed with dried glue but still pink. :eek:
    JediHed1 is Matt but there is another Anne in the group too Lady_Sammi_J.

There's also two Jens as well... Sith_Mistress and my own Rogue Two (Deuce) who has not be able to fully participate since she's at school at Stanford.

There are two Erics but spelled differently, Eric and Erick. Eric is a friend who works at LucasArts (and he gets us all the coolest games! ;) ) and Erick is our residential film maker/padawan learner.

Awesome you can make it to our meeting Anne! :)

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If you make the meeting, Anne, bring $60, and I'll get that sweatshirt for ya! Whadda ya think, white w/ grey letters to match a certain Princess' outfit?

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Lol... Matt don't scare off the new members with your sale of planetary wares now... (They'll be time for that later!). They are cool sweaters though, I'm getting Corellia. :) Maybe I should get CorSec printed on the back or maybe I'll get another that says "Carida w/honors..."

16. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Now this "Luke" has found a "Leia" :)
    Welcome to the club !

17. ShaddowHunter

ShaddowHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2001
    Good evening my fellow friends in the Force, Dark Side, and Light Side. ;)

I trust I find you all in good health and good spirits? This pleases the Shaddow.

I see, or rather felt through the Force of a new addition to a most exuberant and enjoyable group of Force wielders. This also pleases the Shaddow. I feel no ill will or bad intentions as of yet from this new being that has entered the realm of the Force through the SFFF. [bows cloaked head] Welcome LeiaAsylum to one of the greatest of all fanforce groups, that has a shinning star watching over it, in the the SF night sky. She is watching, as well as I to keep all here safe from trolls and others of the lot.

All is good. It would be a shame however if the shaddow was provoked into destructive, unprovidential actions, to protect those in which the Shaddow cares for. For the destructive actions would be swift and ummerciful. Where as others would have mercy, the Shaddow accepts nor gives none.

But alas, I must make my rounds, lurking in my world, the shaddow, consuming all who appose the sanctity of the balance of the Force, light and dark. Those are the enemy to all. And will pay hansomly for their blunders of aggression.

Enjoy your stay here LeiaAsylum, you are among friends of the shaddow in which you shall also be protected.

So, my fine fellow brothers and sisters in the Force, I bid to you a fond fare the well, but not good bye, for the Shaddow's eye is always watching, always upon those bent on destruction of balance and groups.

The eye of the watchtower is always on guard over those who are worthy and in the care of the Shaddow. You are safe in the warmth of the Shaddow my good friends. Rest easy all.

[bows head] Good evening to all [backs into the shaddows] **Poof**

18. ShaddowHunter

Feb 24, 2001
    clearing my trail

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Well... I feel a lot safer now! :D

20. The_Sith_Mistress

Oct 25, 2003
    For Darth Maul, Shadow Hunter talks a lot! :D heh heh just kidding! I love Maul!

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    It's internal monolouge. All the thing Maul really wanted to say but wanted to maintain that strong and silent type demeanor. ;)

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Ummm Sith Mistress, I wouldn't mistake Shaddowhunter for a complete Maul-like type. There is still good in him, I have felt it.

But he does have an eliquent way of speaking the english language, don't you think? Must be his upbringing in England. ;)

23. The_Sith_Mistress

Oct 25, 2003
    Good?? In a Sith?!?!? This cannot be! Especially Darth Maul ;)

24. ShaddowHunter

Feb 24, 2001
    That is what sets myself apart dearest one. And also defines me as the unknown variable. ;)

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey Anne,
    Hope this guys haven't scared you off!. I assure you they are harmless. :) I shall lay down now coz this viral bug I have is annoying. Even my Jedi enhanced immune system have a having a tough time with this foriegn biological toxin :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.