main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hiding Evidence, or Thin-Skinned Administrators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Aug 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Froggy

Froggy Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2000
    Hey, if Lord Chewy and Preacherboy and every other teenage admin was demoted, I would be happy. Kids shouldn't be in charge of a forum were the majority of posters are adults.

2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Admin's side??? Just who is telling this to you IP???

3. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Sorry Froggy but you can't just say that IP is unable to perform his duties well without offering a shred of proof. Saying he's young isn't proof.

4. Froggy

Aug 17, 2000
    Proof? Look what he just did! Does he realize that he's never going to be taken seriously or respected by any of the admins ever again? What more proof do you need? He totally screwed himself.

5. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Ok let me address this point once and for all for the cheap seats. After your first tirade I was told privatly by Preacherboy that I was next in line for admin if I would just 'shut my mouth'.

Whether that was the truth or whether he made that up to placate me I didn't care. I knew what was right, I knew I had people who wanted me to speak for them, so I did what I thought was the right thing. I did what was best for the membership here and I stood up to you KNOWING I was throwing away adminship.

I would have been the best admin this place ever had but the price of being an admin was my integrity. Iron Parrot is going through this right now. Yes Froggy, he probably did screw himself. But at least he's not a sycophant blindly going along withwhat he knows is wrong. That's a lesson you could take.

You want a bunch of yes men who will turn the other way when you go crazy. You're beginning to see that that's not going to happen very much longer.

6. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO confused you can't know.

First IP goes off, then LC resigns as an admin.

Then LC threatens to ban IP for posting private messages...

Hello- how can you ban him when you're no longer an admin?

What concerns me is this whole racist remarks thing- are you afraid he'll post it and it will incriminate you LC? Was that you? What the hell is going on here?

Another ADMIN, SOMEONE needs to come in and explain this.

7. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    When we say that we want you to "shut your mouth", it means that we want you to stop holding a grudge and accusing us of things that are not true and purely motivated by your will to destroy us.

You have everything all wrong in there Crystena. I resigned hours ago. I have no idea what IP's intentions are but he is not allowed to post private emails or logs. That's just how things work. I already told him this privately. Most likely, he's gonna pull a Paul and make himself a martyr.

Racist remark! Whatever. I asked him if he was asian. I'm half asian and I realize a trend in thinking from people who are not born in western societies. That's it. I was wondering why I couldn't debate things with him rationally and I found out why. It was like talking to JM22. and I'm NOT being racist. I'm not saying this happens all the time. I just noticed it when I was talking to him.

8. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Oh what a tangled web we weave.

9. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    What grudge? What grudge was there back then when I was told I was next in line? You went nuts and I called you on it like we're supposedly told to do. I did nothing wrong then and I did nothing wrong now. And in case you haven't noticed, this is no longer about me. I am only a small part of the people here speaking out on this.

Drop the 'grudge' nonsense because no one outside you, PB, and your lap dogs Froggy and Kyle are buying it.

and I think you can use a more accurate name than 'Paul' when referring to messing with private correspondence.

10. Jedi Knight Seyrah

Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    "will to destroy us" . . .

????

What the HECK?!

Lord Chewy, you stepped down and I'm madder than ever. If this was about you, I'd be celebrating.

No. This goes WAY beyond you, LC.

11. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    No. I don't want to name names, but all the admins and several retired admins and a AC member has agreed with this assessment of you, Padme Bra.

If you knew things well enough, you'd see that the same group of people jump on my actions.

12. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Padme Bra, it's already pretty evident to a lot of people that you hold a grudge for not being chosen as an admin. It ain't just something between PB, Froggy, and myself.

13. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Froggy, IP was expressing something called integrity. He felt that he was ordered to remove his posts and never to post in this thread again and that would be considered an abuse of power by whom ever told him to do it, a far worse crime than anything IP did. That kind of action is considered corrupt and if we have a right to know if corruption is taking place. Your posts in this thread and your blind attitude shows that you yourself are not very mature, so how can you possibly judge whether another person is?

14. Froggy

Aug 17, 2000
    Padme Bra, you take this so seriously that I am now convinced that you must have absolutely no life. The way you exagerrate the problems at JC is utterly ridiculous and laughable. It's a STAR WARS MESSAGEBOARD. You really need to take a long break and re-evaluate your life, because if I were you I don't see what reason I would have not to throw myself off a bridge.

15. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    Good that you explained that LC. Cause that's what stuck out to me. And people would've eaten you ALIVE over that one.

This turning into a flame war people. Calm down.

:-(

And no Padme Bra is not jealous of the admins. I know that. He knows that, but when he thinks he sees something that is unjust he will run it into the ground until it is fixed because he feels he is doing something right. I wish I had that flaw. Its one of the things I admire about him.

16. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Kyle, no one believes that outside your group. And I already told you why it doesn't make any sense that I hold a grudge in the first place.

Yes I take this seriously when I'm here. I think everyone here does. During the time when we're logged on we care about this place. It's better than mindless spamming and trolling. Changing the focus of the argument isn't going to sway people.

EDIT: your group meaning the four of you. Everyone else when asked thinks it's nonsense.

17. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Padme Bra, just what "group" do you consider me to be a part of??? I try to stay out of groups and cliques at all costs.

18. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    I'm going to believe Crystena cuz she knows you better than I do and she's a bright woman. I'm sorry for saying that you're jealous and are motivated by your will to be an admin, Padme Bra. It's just that you have to turn everything into some crusade. You find conspiracy theories where there are none. Yes, sometimes the admins make mistakes. Going to them personally and being open and understanding is the only way you'll bring about change. Don't kill a fly using an axe. It serves to create more problems than we originally had.

19. Princess HAL9000

Princess HAL9000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 1999
    Froggy is at it again.

20. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Apology accepted Lord Chewy.

I'm going to bed

21. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    I'm not apologizing. Sorry. whoops. :D

I still think you're wrong. You make mountains out of molehills. There's no reason for that if you remember why you're at the JC in the first place. To have fun. Not to have a huge fight. Things can be taken care of with much more tact than you allow.

22. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Crystena77 is right. This is turning into a flaming match. I am leaving since I believe a resolution to the original request has been met.

The last thing I want to say is that IronParrot MUST NOT be demoted. His neutral intentions have been made all along and his actions have only been to better these forums. If he is forced to resign, I am sure that there will be a New War waged.

And yes, I will wage that war, if needed.

23. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    That's administrative decision whether or not IP will stay admin. I think he's following the fate of Paul since he's already followed his behavior patterns.

I don't want people here to think that to get things done, they need to raise hell. IP understands and has admitted that he can be demoted for that. His post only served to instigate more problems and another "crusade". Which is definetly NOT what we need.

24. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Let's not speculate on the actions of the admins until things are a lot more clearer, mmkay???

25. Commander Wedge Antilles

Commander Wedge Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    we need at least 10 more pages here

i think its some sort of neutral plot...at least you know where you stand with an enemy, but those damned neutrals.... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.