main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Hold me like you did on Naboo..." -- when?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Vortigern99, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    Hey, we never saw any character take a Bath, unless you count Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan swimming to Otoh Gunga, but that's beside the point. does this mean that is not Canon also?

2. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Well, the war hadn't fully started when Anakin and Padme got married. There was the one battle, but the campaigns hadn't started yet. So there was time for Anakin to hold Padme, before they went out to face the war.

Oh, I disagree. I think they did express mutual affection. Padme's words said one thing, but her actions (and body language and choice of clothing tongue ) said another. How do you know Anakin didn't hold her at any point? The picnic scene is included to show that they definitely did share affection while they were on Naboo despite what Padme claimed to want, and I think it's intended to imply there were other moments as well.

Thank you, everyone -- especially Dark Lady Mara and Darth Sinister (see above logical and well-stated quotes)! I believe my query has been satisfactorily answered.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Then the lockdown cometh...

4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Why was this locked and then unlocked?

confusion.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    After consideration, it's been decided that this will be left open in case someone else decides to ask this question down the line.

6. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Well yeah. ROTS/3SA used to lock threads once questions had been answered. But that was a super busy forum with tons of stuff going on. PT is much slower and more laid back. There's no reason discussion can't continue if people are interested. And maybe someone will come along with the same question and the thread can be up'd at that point.

7. backdeskproductions

backdeskproductions Jedi Master star 3

Aug 17, 2007
    Does anyone remember when Anakin and Padme had the meadow picnic... of course you do. They were running, skipping, rolling around on the ground...
    Possibly when we weren't looking, they might have held for a little while. (just as friends though for the moment.) It does say by the lake on Naboo, but by the waterfalls, was there not a body of water? After all it was the lake country.

Besides, if I'm wrong there, they did it when we weren't looking, at the time before the war, at the lake somewhere in lake country... but just as friends... for the moment

8. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002

Hel-lo? Honeymoon anyone? They did get married on Naboo.

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I'm pretty sure Padme would've 'felt' his excitement when they hugged, she would have known in an instant that Anakin 'desired' more than friendship.

10. backdeskproductions

backdeskproductions Jedi Master star 3

Aug 17, 2007
    So we must assume that they held for some time before the war... Because they were falling in love with eachother. It's just how the story goes.

11. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Please no.

Anakin: Pop that zit on my back.

Padme *looks up from spitting toothpaste in sink*: Whufft?

But I jest........

I think Padme meant "hold me without agenda". Without them discussing work and letting it affect them.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmmm, the scene of Anakin and Padme on Naboo in the Obsession comics comes to mind, but it was well into the Outer Rim Sieges by then.

13. jediking12

jediking12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2007
    Anakin and Padme had Sex in Clone Wars Cartoon theres a scene in where they stare at each other then the camera pans back away from a Naboo Building with a light turning off in a Window

14. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Remember . . . the kiddies are watching.

15. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    lol, you guys are so clueless. they made whoopie on Naboo! on the retired home over the lake?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.