main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hooloovoo, 42, Cuddles.. Only one has something to do with this thread (Task #1)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Since we're all going to be posting in separate threads now.. Here's mine. :)
    Hi, my name is James! I'm a 19 year old college student and a waiter. Well, it just so happens that being both is rather not really exciting. I spend all morning in classes and studying and end up spending most of my evenings in an Applebees in my hometown serving people. Not that I really mind the people or the pay, but things could be more interesting and spiced up a bit. Ah well, as a certain someone says to me, "Applebees isn't your future." Thank the maker that she's right. :D As for the college bit, I've decided on education as my major and science as my minor; I'd like to be a science teacher when I'm out of college due to the fact that I love science and that I've always wanted to encourage people to learn.

Pertaining to my hobbies: I'm a musician. I've written and recorded over a hundred songs or so. Unfortunately, most of them are crappy and won't be heard because of one of two reasons: A) The recording quality sucks or B) I suck. And that's being honest. Some of my music has been released, but only the stuff that's been produced fair enough to not sound like crudola. And, of course, there've been a few JCers who've heard me play before (hint hint, nudge nudge). Oh! God, I've gone all the way to tell you that I record and write songs and haven't told you what I play! Sheesh! I sing and play guitar, as well as compose piano and orchestrated pieces. Actually, I'm doing the music for the Virtual Sequels project. And my first instrument was a shiny, red Ibanez bass. :D

As for my other hobbies... They include sleep, eating, talking to my girlfriend, sleeping, tossing and turning in bed, relaxing my head against my pillow, and closing my eyes and going off to dreamland. :)

For my future? Well, you really can't have a nice little paper-type-thing without a good quote. Well, for mine.. I'm going to rip off .. er. borrow... from Yoda. "Always in motion, the future is." And that's how my life seems. I'm going to be leaving North Carolina (finally! :D ) within the next year or so to pursue my dreams of studying marine biology. It'll also help me get closer to a special someone, which is in all honesty, the real reason why I'm going. I could do the college elsewhere, but I just want to be with her. [face_blush] I'll also become a science teacher and such. I've always wanted to own my own small pizza/coffee place in a quiet, oceanside town. I love coffee and I love pizza. And with 3 years experience at a major pizza chain, I have an idea what to do. Though, there's a lot more to learn (the business side of things.. ew. :p ). I've also wanted to release my own EP (about 4 tracks or so). And fortunately, by the end of this summer, I may just do that even if it is released independantly. :D

Oh and I'm 5'9, blue eyes, brown hair, etc. Oh, wait.. I can always link you to my picture. :p

[image=http://carosel.kimoptera.com/photos/coldme.jpg]

And yeah, well, that's me.
    I hope I didn't forget anything important.

Of course, when your mind tries to go back in time to stop Vogons from destroying your world and such, and when you try to find the meaning of the life, the universe and everything, you're bound to be a bit confused. Or perhaps even disoriented. Or perhaps just even a smoothie. You know, like having your brain in a blender. Ouch, um, nevermind, that's a bit too disoriented. No lobotomies for me! :D
    And, if you have any questions, comments or just ramblings, feel free to ask away. :)

~ James

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    [face_laugh] I'm reading through the whole Hitchhiker's Guide right now. I didn't realize how much pop culture stuff came from there. And I finally understand the meaning of "42"! :p

3. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Hehe, I'm on Life, the Universe and Everything right now. My girlfriend's talk of the book, as well as a few other of my close friends eventually drove me to get the book. So, I started reading and was immediately addicted.

Arthur Dent rocks. ;)
    And I want my Hooloovoo! :p

Hehe. :D

~ James

4. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    That's hilarious - that's the same book I'm on now! I just finished the chapter where Arthur learns to fly and ends up meeting Ford again.

5. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Whoa! [face_shocked] As did I. Well, actually, I finished it yesterday. Right now I'm a bit ahead of you, but I won't ruin it for you. ;)

Very, very creepy.

And to think... We evolved from them!? [face_shocked]

Hehe.

~ James

6. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    So you guys haven't gotten to "So Long..." yet? There is a character in that book called 'Wonko the Sane' I can really relate to.

It's been a while since I've read the others though. I wanted more of the depressed robot (Marvin?)

7. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Marvin! :D The last I remember hearing of him is that he was in the ship that went sundiving during that concert... Hehe..

Poor Marvin.
    Always depressed. :(

He just needs Zaphod to give him a hug!
    Or better yet, Trillian. [face_mischief] ;)

~ James

8. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    No, "So Long..." is the next chapter. Yeah, I miss Marvin. He was a sweet little depressed robot. :(

9. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll come back? :D

You know, I can't think of a dull part of the story yet. Can you?

Hehe.

Oh! Did your version come with Young Zaphod Plays it Safe, guys? :confused:

~ James

10. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yep. I bought the whole compilation at Barnes and Noble. Has all the books in it.

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    It wouldn't happen to be blue, would it? ;) I bought mine at WaldenBooks for 15$.. it was on sale for some odd reason. I think it was originally 30$ for the set, but nobody was buying it or maybe it was a leftover or something.

Er, eh, here's a picture of mine:

[image=http://carosel.kimoptera.com/photos/theguide.jpg]

~ James

12. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Argh! If I weren't illiterate I'd go out and read some of these books! :(

13. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Trust me, Jason: the book is well worth the read. Once you finish The Two Towers, get yourself a copy. ;)

~ James

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I've read through Life, The Universe, and Everything and I really need to get the next couple and finish the series! Those books are ingenious. Simple as that.

15. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Hehe, perhaps it should be a bonus task to write up an entry of each other that would go in the Guide? Hehe. Or not. Eh, the idea hit me because I looked at my profile for a second. [face_blush] :p

Hehe.

So, Rachel, who's your favorite character? ;)

~ James

16. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hi James! :) I also enjoy sleeping. Very much. I'm excited for the end of finals this week because it will mean more sleeping. :D

Jae Angel

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My favourite character is probably Arthur Dent. You know, I know someone named Ashley Dent, and it weirds me out.

18. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Arthur is the man. He's also my favorite character, Raché. :) Ashley Dent? Freaky.. heh, if I know anyone with the last name of Dent, I'd probably be weirded out and such and.. yeah.. Hehe. Kinda like you. :p

And Jess, sleeping is good. I like how I overslept today and did nothing really important besides clean. :D

~ James

19. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    James, I finished Life... last night. Interesting if not a little sad, I thought. I'll look forward to your input on the book. Up next is So long....

20. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I'll get to finish it this weekend. I've been busting my arse on finals all week. :( :_|

I was up until 5am doing a paper last night. Heh.

~ James

21. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    :( Ugh. Good luck!

22. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Thanks. I think I kicked one's behind earlier. And tomorrow's is music theory, so, eh, I'll cream it. ;)

~ James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.