main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    This is a seriously inaccurate picture, there's no mountains visible from that angle of Perth. I should know, I was here when the Apocalypse hit. :D :D :D

Merry Christmas, children - everywhere!

Uncle Saintheart cleaned up. Here's the damage, mostly from stuff on sale and therefore cheap:

- Mass Effect 3 ... finally. Did I mention I picked it up for $35-odd, in yet another sad games retailer's attempts to stave off the inevitable? Might even be able to afford all the DLCs now.
    - Deus Ex Human Revolution (because I like watching the originals as well as the remixes, see ME 3 above ;) )
    - Dragon Age Origins
    - Infamous 2

In books:
    - The Sound and the Fury, William Faulkner
    - The Plague, Albert Camus
    - Where Angels Fear to Tread, E.M. Forster
    - Portrait of a Lady, Henry James
    - The Fist of God (stop laughing in the back there) Frederick Forsyth
    - Dark Heaven (I think) by Joan Chan. If you've seen the series Journey to Wudan, this is apparently her first novel. Wondering how it'll turn out. My last big foray into "gwai lo writes Eastern novel" was Eric Lustbader's The Ninja series which just got silly by the end. I'm optimistically hoping for a Big Trouble in Little China feel here :D
    - Rising Sun, Michael Crichton. Oldie but a goodie, one of my old favourites and guiltiest pleasures, $2.00 at a secondhand bookstore.

I did look for Hemingway, Ramza, but none of the secondhand book stores have him. Which raises my opinion of him. Secondhand book stores don't have good authors in them for the most part, mainly because people hang onto their good novels to re-read them, at least in my experience.

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Hehehe....haha......HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeeeeeep...see....Human Revolution has its own flaws that had made me return it to Gamestop :p

3. RampaniLives

RampaniLives Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2012
    That would probably explain the four copies of The Crystal Star that my secondhand book place had....

Nice haul though. Not a fan of Deus Ex Human Revolution myself. I loved the second game on XBox, Ex Machina, but I just couldn't warm up to the latest one.

If you could, let me know if Dark Heaven is any good. I'm looking for a new book series to read after I finish the Sword of Truth series.

4. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I got everything that I wanted for Christmas; specifically new paintball gear in the form of a mask, pants, and gloves. Got a couple shirts that'll go well with 'em (specifically a Zombie Response Team shirt :p). Now all that's left is my birthday (January 3rd) where I hope to get a bunch of parts for my paintball gun and I'll be all set to go for the latest Big Game that we'll be having at the end of that month [face_cowboy]

The only alcoholic purchases I made for a family member was a bottle for my brother:

[​IMG]

And I don't think I'll ever touch vodka again. Didn't wake up with a hangover on Christmas but dear God....due to my relative inexperience with drinking I ended up hitting myself with about...eight shots of vodka in a span of 20 minutes which was..not good. And resulted in my one drunk post that night. Among other things :p

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I thought you were satirizing drunk posts :p

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh man, I cannot say the following with enough emphasis: play at least one full game as a city elf. That plotline was crazy rewarding in a way I didn't find the other ones to be, and ignoring that fact that DA2 gives approximately 0 ****s about what you do in DAO, it feels like playing as some kind of fantasy universe Malcolm X, with a real capability to enact lasting change for your people's situation.
    Yeah, I've seen as much myself; the only real exception is when they're a popular scholastic reading assignment, in which case all of the high schoolers/college students promptly abandon their copy after every semester (Which is how I was able to score a dirt-cheap copy of The Old Man and the Sea).

7. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    That's funny, even I got a bottle for Christmas. It's wine, though, so nothing heavy on my side. :p

8. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Nope, that post was totally legit >.> Within a minute after I made it I was passed out on my bed.

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Holy CRAPANEESE...Its trying to SNOW out here!!!

Cold - CHECK
    Windy - Check
    Teeth chattering - check
    Tiny white bits, trying to fall... - uh...yeah!!!

CRAP!!!
    Nothing sticking thank goodness...tooo small..too light..
    BUT...weather alarms are starting to go off....

:rolleyes:

[face_coffee]
    [face_coffee]
    [face_coffee]
    [face_coffee]
    [face_coffee]
    [face_coffee]

spycoder9 likes this.
  10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Supposedly gonna get snow on Saturday here.

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    What happened to me? -11 C and I'm freezing. Climate change has made me weak.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's currently snowing here. We're supposed to get more snow on Saturday as well.

As for Christmas, I got the complete original series of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (10 seasons; 193 episodes), so I'll be busy the next several days reliving my childhood! I haven't seen the show in ages, so it should be fun! I was crazy about it when I was a kid.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  13. RampaniLives

Dec 17, 2012
    Everyone's talking about the snow and I'm just sitting here in the rain :(

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Dont feel bad.

No REAL snow yet. It tried. Little white nuggets that faded away..but temps are plummeting!!!
    its 35F now...temps still falling....I think its the wind myself... heheheh

*wants more chocoWIne....*

Burrrrrrrr!

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeah right now got a nice rainy, icy mix.

16. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    And Perth is presently sweltering through a 6 day run of 40 degree celsius days. It's like a hundred degrees in the shade. :D :D

Sir_Draco and Penguinator like this.
  17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Robert Saruwatari is the MAN. Seriously love reading what Ramz and Saint are doing in Blue.

18. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I need to go to Perth. I miss the heat soooo bad :-(

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Cold is good >.> I've been pretty happy though, admittedly, kind of wary about a possible snowstorm on Saturday. Expected to get like two inches but the thing is...they're not sure since the storm is still developing.

20. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    We had nothing but rain . . . nothing, but, rain. But well, where I go tomorrow there should be a lot of sun and subtropical heat. Aaaah. New Year, here I come. What an exhausting year 2012 was.

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

21. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I hope everybody had a very nice Christmas (if you celebrate it)! Mine had a minimal amount of rain...though for Southern California, anything above zero rain is kind of not minimal. But at least I was asleep for 90% of the rain, so it's like it never happened, but we get more drinking water as a result. YAY!

22. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I went home to Western Pennsylvania and we had a whole bunch of rain, but in the come-down-as-liquid-and-then-coat-everything-in-sheets-of-black-ice variety :p

And to supplement all this Australia conversation, I actually got a new iPhone and changed my Siri settings to English (Australian) because I love the accent. Needless to say I had to change it back because it wouldn't understand me unless I spoke in my awful imitation of an Aussie accent :p

23. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Oh and I finally put Vox Popoli up, despite this issue being kinda embarassing for me. I decided to cut nothing and let you all have a good laugh at me and how helplessly I fall to FinĀ“s predatorial charme :p

Trieste, Saintheart and Ramza like this.
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    VOX FOR THE VOX GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! CORN FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Saintheart and Sarge221 like this.
  25. RampaniLives

Dec 17, 2012
    But can you see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.