main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    All I have for music is my Laptop and iPhone. At least on Campus...

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, speaking of music we have on hand, this came in the mail today:

[​IMG]

By the way, that's the European special edition (which is better than the American one, cause the bonus track is better - its a cover of Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thunder God!). The thing is getting signed by the band at the concert coming up on February 7th by the way (I have meet and greet admisson). :D

3. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    One of my old roommates got Joakim's aviator sunglasses at one of those.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Nice! I wonder if they'll be selling some at the show I go to.

5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*comes crashing through the windows of Hooper's, rolling and then immediately standing up*

..........AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *runs around in circles numerous times before suddenly shooting forward and slamming into a wall with a THUD!*

......*drops down to the floor and lays there for a bit*

So that quick and easy installation? Yeah.....that became a freakin' project and a half. Thank gawd for my friend who's more knowledgeable then I because installing the fan and heat sink became a two man job with one of the men needing to know exactly what they were doing. But WOOHOO!!! Finally got the fan and heat sink in! Computer isn't overheating and dying, and its just so good to be back after nearly four days without my computer!

Now........wheretopostwheretopostwheretopost!?

*looks around the RPF and then stops, realizing* ..........Oh yeah.......guess I only have the one game now.........

BUT AT LEAST I CAN POST IN THAT ONE GAME MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! [face_dancing]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    k

What? :p

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, I finally got my fan and heatsink delivered today but as soon as I removed the side panel and started installing the bracket...I realized something was wrong. Specifically that the screws wouldn't screw in where they were supposed to. Which meant that I needed to take apart the whole computer in order to get behind the motherboard and get the washers and nuts that are needed on the other side. This became a task that was too much for me so I called up a friend of mine, asked if he would help, and though he thought I was a freakin' idiot for not figuring out something that should be easy, agreed to help and so I brought my desktop over to his house.

About a quarter of the way through my friend admitted that it was a good thing I brought it over because getting the bracket installed became a two man job and I had to hear a lot of his bashing of Intel and glorifying AMD Master Race :p

Though he did admit that Intel had some clean wiring [face_laugh]

In any case, I got to his house at 5:00pm and it was 7:30pm when we finally put the computer back together - with fan successfully installed - and tested it out to make sure it wouldn't overheat in five minutes and shut off.

Came home, hooked my computer back up, posted in Hooper's, surfed online for a good while, and I'm still here meaning that everything seems like its good to go.

Though the real test comes when my friends and I get a Skype call going and play some Natural Selection 2!

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    There's an oxymoron.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    That is an oxymoron. Doesn't sound very fun, especially for me.

(These statements come from someone in a pretty much all Intel family - my father has worked there since 1979)

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    We've actually got a family friend who works at AMD (We used to live in Austin) and even he will tacitly admit that you're a fool if you buy AMD these days. So. :p

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Actually, funny enough, I lived in Austin at one time (1990-1992). It was while my father was on a sabbatical of sorts doing contract work for a company called Sematech.

Edit, so I don't double post:

I'm bored, so have a cover of Iron Maiden's Children of the Damned by the Swedish Symphonic Power Metal band, Therion. Its very awesome.

12. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Boredom seems to be rampant right now. I was looking forward to the new Borderlands 2 DLC, but it seems that the compatibility pack that must be downloaded is not working :( :_| I am disappoint.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So they're expecting the temperature overnight to be inexpressible in terms of the natural numbers.* I'm forced to draw certain conclusions about whoever's in charge of the weather at the moment.

Mind you, I'm aware that's not bad by standards for other places, but by my own metric ****ING ****ITY **** IT'S ****ING COLD ****!

Mitth_Fisto and Ktala like this.
  14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    LOL!!

Sounds like yer cold!! :p

Have a Coco...

Or even a [face_coffee]

or a hot toddy. Whatever works!!

:D
    Might as well do something, while waiting for a game to warm up next to.. ;)

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Yes, it was freaking cold today. I had to ride my bike a little over 3 miles this morning in 28 degree weather. Was cold enough that there was actually puddles from sprinklers (for some reason, around here, even though its a desert, they waste water like no tomorrow) that had frozen over that I had to ride over.

By the way, I have no gloves, so my hands nearly froze in place on the handlebars.

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Pfffft.....pansehs.

17. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
  18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    ITS A NEWBEH!

Oh. Right. Welcome! :p

19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    What Sarge said :p

20. Nick of Time

Jan 15, 2013
    Not really, though.

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    ITS AN OLDBEH MASQUERADING AS A NEWBEH WITH A NAME THAT SHOULD CLEARLY TELL US WHICH OLDBEH THE NEWBEH REALLY IS!

jcgoble3, Ramza and Nick of Time like this.
  22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  23. Nick of Time

Jan 15, 2013
    That's the ticket!

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Long time no see, Nick!

25. Nick of Time